Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
World number four Andy Murray has made it clear he is fully fit and ready for next month’s Australian Open, where he will once again attempt to claim that maiden Grand Slam. The Scot had his best ever year in 2011, yet still failed to push on and claim that elusive major title, something he is determined to put right over the next 12 months.

Injury ruined Murray’s chances of ending 2011 on a high but the Scot again continued to show he belongs among the world’s best players. The Australian Open has seemed like Murray’s best chance at winning that first Grand Slam, and the ever-improving Brit will once again be one of the favourites when the tournament gets under way.

Murray, currently in Miami on his winter training camp, will head to Melbourne with plenty of confidence after his form there in recent years. The 24-year old will be looking to make it three successive appearances in the final of the Australian Open, very much hoping it’s a case of third time lucky in regards to upsetting the online bets odds and winning the year’s opening Grand Slam.

Murray came up against a Novak Djokovic at the beginning of his year of domination in last year’s final, the Serb romping home to his second Australian Open title. The Scot has claimed he is on his way to getting himself in ideal condition to mount a fresh assault on honours when the new season gets underway, so keep an eye on him in the live in-play betting action.

“I feel good. I've played well in Australia for the last couple of years and one of the main reasons I come to Miami to train is because the conditions are perfect to prepare for it.

“I need to get a little bit better and make sure that physically I'm as strong as I can be at the end of the tournament.”

1 - 1 of 1 Posts