Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hype caught Murray earlier when he won his first slam in 2012 and many self declared analysts started to club Murray as part of Federer, Nadal, Djokovic. This hype went to to it's peak when Murray won Wimbledon trophy.

Murray is good player, there is No question about it but there is nothing I can find in Murray which elevates him in club of all time greats like Fed, Djoko, Nad known for their consistency, Longevity, fighting spirit, positive attitude, and ability to get success on surfaces which doesn't suits them.

On the other hand Murray, never came close to their consistency, positive attitude and versatility throughout the career.

Murray won his slams in weak competition, rare natural conditions but it's OK, nothing I'm taking away but a Tennis fan at least expect positive attitude, and fighting spirit from multiple slam champion.

I'm talking about his performance against Nadal yesterday, he should be ashamed of himself he folded like 18 yo youngster to his master. Though conditions tougher but not that tough like he can't get single breakpoint on Nadal serve or Can't return 125-160 Kph sliced serves or can't hit 40% first. serves in or can't save single break point.

Even Simon, Monfils would have fought hard to declining Nadal on clay. He was top of his game but it's mentality of loser that humiliated him.

This match pretty much clears the thing how Murray 2.0 overrated version will perform against Nadal on hard courts also.

This loss makes me think that what improvements Lendl made regarding mental fortitude?

His inconsistencies, losses to players like Raonic, Giraldo, Fognini, Chardy, in his prime, just 1 masters in 2.5 years, are pretty much sums up his mentality even under tutelage of Lendl

This loss and inability to win big matched because of his negative attitude, frequent losses to lesser players ( Tanks for slams in words of fans ), his shoulders when he's losing puts asterisk on his slam victories.

Did he deserve it? if yes he should stop playing like mentality players like Cilic, Berdych and needs to show fighting spirit in upcoming grass, and hard court season, should develop mentality of champ, try to defeat Two best players of his Era in slams he's 3-11 against them in slams.

He's fortunate competition from young generation is at lowest level of all time, he just need to beat players from his generation and 33 yo legend.

I'm supporting him upcoming tournaments, hope he'll change his attitude otherwise I will be first to question his major victories, to criticise his attitude.

Though his run to semi was impressive but I fear he will start losing to Nadal, Federer, Djokovic again in key matches like he was losing before 2012.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Murray has more slams than Federer and Djokovic in the last 2 years.

If you want to dominate and win every tournament except the Grand Slams, Novak is your man for the job, Federer is almost done he can't even reach the semi finals anymore to get his beating from Rafa.

It's more the big one than the big four right now and that one is Nadal.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Can his fans please stop using the term "multiple slam" to describe Murphy and just say 2 slams? It makes him appear more talented then he should be perceived.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
He does he has 2 slams. 1 + 1 = 2.

·
Registered
3,059 Posts

If you want to dominate and win every tournament except the Grand Slams, Novak is your man for the job, Federer is almost done he can't even reach the semi finals anymore to get his beating from Rafa.

Always count on Murray fans to pull facts out of their asses

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

That pretty much sums up for me mentality of loser. Enough heard about Murray 2.0, his big forehand, mental fortitude since Lendl but wasn't enough to get breakpoint against worst version of Nadal on clay.

I doubt Murray 2.0 can defeat Nadal on hard court slam also heck even washed up 32 yo Roger.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Did he deserve it? Yes. He deserved everything he's ever won. Same as Nadal, Federer and Djokovic. You get what you deserve. Asterisks are another fictional category the tards use to undermine a player's success.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
He is a multiple grand slam champion, thus he has the necessary attributes (mental or otherwise) to be one. :shrug:
Murray is only player winning 2 slams without necessary attributes ( mental or otherwise )

Thread is about mentality of champion and it's fact Murray don't have it. Did you see yesterday's match? Thiem fought better than Murray as he won 7 games and got break of serve and Murray couldn't get break point even.

Now I can easily recall Murray 2.0 with better backhand and strong mentality finally vanished when he faced real challenge.

No one was expecting Murray 2.0 to beat beat Nadal but Folding with 6 games without getting breakpoint is something he should be ashamed of himself.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Fastgrass...you are an embarrassment to Murray and Murray fans.

You sir are the definition of bandwagon.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Yes he does. He was woefully disappointed with his performance and rightly so. He got hammered. But you have to remember he doesn't even have a clay title, so becoming the new Soderling and taking out Nadal was very unlikely. Even when Andy didn't have any slam wins it wasn't something to criticise him for. He was losing to Nadal, Djokovic and Federer. He has beaten all of them in slams, which is more than many can say and has beaten Djoko in two slam finals and Roger in an Olympic final.

He said before the match that he believes he can beat Novak, Roger and Rafa but he knows it is much harder for him to do on clay.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice to see fan girl N_N trying to detail the thread. Nice eye opener Rafa gave here!

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I think you hate Rafa more than you like Andy which isn't very healthy so you ought to seek out a psychologist or something to help you through these dark times.

But don't worry after Andy wins W14 you can go back to being his ''biggest'' fan.

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
He had a hell of tournament. Those 5 setters vs Kohli and Monfils were draining. He was just flat. But realisticly he was never going to beat Rafa on clay. Unless Rafa twiched his back again like AO.

Once Rafa broke Andy it waas almost over. Murray can still beat the other 3 in Wimby, no question about it.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Yes he does. He was woefully disappointed with his performance and rightly so. He got hammered. But you have to remember he doesn't even have a clay title, so becoming the new Soderling and taking out Nadal was very unlikely. Even when Andy didn't have any slam wins it wasn't something to criticise him for. He was losing to Nadal, Djokovic and Federer. He has beaten all of them in slams, which is more than many can say and has beaten Djoko in two slam finals and Roger in an Olympic final.

He said before the match that he believes he can beat Novak, Roger and Rafa but he knows it is much harder for him to do on clay.

You are underrating Murray's clay form in 2014 since Rome saying that he doesn't have clay title. He now have made multiple semifinals at RG, he troubled Nadal at Rome.

Clearly he was close to best form on clay but simply bowed down showing no signs of fight wonders me.

After 2012.USO he's getting clubbed together other three it was general expectation he would fight at least to Nadal with his worst clay form ever. but he simply folded winning 6 games and didn't get single breakpoint even didn't save single one.

Is he so worse on clay? answer is no. his mentality puts him down always not his game, there is no shame accepting as Fan weaknesses also and at least I'm expecting from you Jo willy!

About beating other in slams he is 2-2, 2-7, 1-4

He defeated Djokovic multiple times but he's 3-11against real big match players. .Gulbis also have one victory over Fed think twice.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
He had a hell of tournament. Those 5 setters vs Kohli and Monfils were draining. He was just flat. But realisticly he was never going to beat Rafa on clay. Unless Rafa twiched his back again like AO.

Once Rafa broke Andy it waas almost over. Murray can still beat the other 3 in Wimby, no question about it.
Excuses coming as usual. He wasn't so tired to just fight or even earn single breakpoint against worst Nadal version on clay. Whether I said I was expecting to defeat Nadal?

About bolded part with this beat down Nadal Gave him I request you to think twice about this that was eye opener. Murray 2.0 hype fading fast he's 0-4 against them in 2014.

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
Excuses coming as usual. He wasn't so tired to just fight or even earn single breakpoint against worst Nadal version on clay. Whether I said I was expecting to defeat Nadal?

About bolded part with this beat down Nadal Gave him I request you to think twice about this that was eye opener. Murray 2.0 hype fading fast he's 0-4 against them in 2014.
Murray will defeat at least one of them before US Open.
Book this post.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts