Registered
18,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
perfect record on clay this year :lol:

lets try to add a new title. :rocker2:

·
Registered
35,682 Posts
Never ending luck for this piece of crap Mugzo.

Younes just needed 3 holds and once he choked up *3-2 30-0 he completly fell apart.

I hope for at least Bolelli or Mathieu to take out the trash tommorow.

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
Great week for Younes, in spite of the result and sure he lost today, but it was fun to see him out there competing and having fun.

Gonzo almost lost his head, but was able to keep it together when it counted.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
The most interesting thing about this thread is the sheer lack of posts in it. When Younes won his three matches here the posts came fast and heavy. When Younes loses, pratically no one feels like posting anything, such is the anticlimax.

It is understandable really. I think a lot of people just feel a bit deflated. Everyone wanted Younes to win. Heck, I wanted Younes to win and Gonzo is one of my favourite players. And Younes came close. He gave a good fight against a player who is 9 out of 9 on clay now for the year.

I think we can all still feel very pleased with the week. Younes has shown us he can still play great tennis and hopefully he will continue to show us throughout the rest of the year and beyond. No shame in losing to Gonzo in three tight sets.

Good luck now in the final Gonzo :yeah:

·
Registered
20,932 Posts
A great week for Younes and it was an absolute pleasure to watch him. He'll squeeze into the top 200 with this run.

I wonder what he'll try to do now. Could he possibly get a WC for Roland Garros? Or at least for the qualy draw?

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
Gonzo was so lucky to get past this one. He was outplayed, outsmarted and El Experience made him look like a monkey numerous of times. Too bad the fitness of the 37 year old man didn't allow him to finish the job. One way or another I don't see Gonzalez beating either PHM or Bolelli (unless they beat a crap out of themselves for 3 hours today).

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
Only watched from the second set but it was a very entertaining match with lots of high-quality rallies.
Too bad Younes couldn't finish in two, but I'm glad for Gonzo for coming back strong from a set and a break down.
What strikes me is that Younes's at time 1990s-ish style all court game looked so refreshing. Those flat serve effortlessly flowing from his racket, smooth approach to the net, an occasional drop volley almost from the baseline thrown in in a rally, the contrast of the styles with more contemporary clay court game (but no way only power driven) of Gonzo was so nice to watch.

I hope Younes will be able to play more ATP-level matches. Someone like him really deserves a WC. Maybe in Casablanca for a start?

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Good effort made by Younes. Should give him loadsa confidence, but :yeah: to Fernando. Think he can really take this title.

·
@Ryan's Hat
19,893 Posts
Grande Gonzo....

·
Registered
86,336 Posts
THe crucial game was at 3*-2 in second set. If he had won that.... But here we are again at the point, if my grandma had wheels, she'd be a omnibus. It's a pity Younes didn't win, but though he had a great tournament in München and I'm sure the spectators enjoyed him playing.

Well done Younes!

·
Registered
22,082 Posts
El Aynaoui has had a brilliant week in Munich, really hope he can go further up the rankings again, with these performances he surely can.

·
Registered
23,711 Posts
yesssssssssssssssssssssssssss :woohoo:

take this fucking title Feña plisssss

good week Younes :worship:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts