Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
23,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
El Aynaoui seemed to lose intensity in the 2nd set (following the scoreboard) but broke Darcis in the start of the final set and that was decisive.

Younes also saved 2 break points (30-40 and 40-AD) when serving for the match :yeah:

2/3 on BP's for him and 1/5 for Darcis. Each player won 82 points. This shows that Younes' experience was crucial.

He is already on the quarter-finals after passing qualies :worship:

·
Registered
10,605 Posts
Munich R2: Younes "eternal" El Aynaoui edges past S. Darcis 6-4 3-6 6-3

Younes :worship: . What a great result. Absolutely fantastic week for the Moroccan legend :dance:

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Munich R2: El Aynaoui def. Darcis 6-4, 3-6, 6-3

:speakles:

omg, well done younes, winner of del potro/andreev next... now THAT'S going to be a challenge. :unsure:

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Younes "I'm Legend" El Aynaoui def. Steve Darcis 6-4 3-6 6-3

Younes is the Legend and still simply the best :worship:
7 aces, 71% 1st serve, 2/3 breakpoints converted and 4/5 bp saved including, i think, 3 in the last game!!!:worship:

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,506 Posts
Youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunes

Well done to the sly fox, and great to see him in the quarter finals after playing qualies.

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
:woohoo: :woohoo:

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Should one day play a match against James Blake's brother

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Re: Younes "I'm Legend" El Aynaoui def. Steve Darcis 6-4 3-6 6-3

This will be Younes's 1st quarterfinal in like 4 and a half years. Wins like this make all the work he has put in worth it. A lesser man would have given up a long time ago. Congratulations. Once again one starts to hope that Younes is finally at almost 37 years old fit enough to make a return to the top 100. I honestly think it is possible.

good job old man.
but darcis is going to rip the old man a new one tomorrow
I guess dylan24 is going to be eating leftovers today. :haha:

·
Registered
10,343 Posts
That guy is 36 years of age and still in the quarterfinals!

·
Registered
86,336 Posts
:woohoo: Well done Younes!

·
Premium Member
24,603 Posts
Re: Younes "I'm Legend" El Aynaoui def. Steve Darcis 6-4 3-6 6-3

This will be Younes's 1st quarterfinal in like 4 and a half years. Wins like this make all the work he has put in worth it. A lesser man would have given up a long time ago. Congratulations. Once again one starts to hope that Younes is finally at almost 37 years old fit enough to make a return to the top 100. I honestly think it is possible.
I honestly believe he is an example of a guy who could play until he's 40, and I would like to see this happen.

Fantastic to see that he is still around and able to cut it at the higher levels (although I think TMS and GS might now be beyond him?), and a win over a player like Darcis is pretty impressive.

GL in the QF Younes! :worship:

1 - 20 of 61 Posts