Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Istomin led 6:4 in TB just to lose four points in a row. In third Matosevic had two break points to go 6*-5 up but failed to convert and I guess as a result he got broken in next game to 15. Klizan next most likely (he leads 4:2 atm with Youzhny), so huge chance for both guys to reach QF

·
Registered
57,587 Posts
Wow....somehow the knowledge he has no business whatsoever winning matches on the surface seems to make Istomin very clutch there. Still absolutely crazy he's made two clay QF in a row

·
Registered
10,504 Posts
Playing the Mad Dog in the 2nd round of any clay event is an excellent draw. But I guess you could say the same with Istomin... Guy is playing like it's indoor hard and winning...

·
Banned
12,122 Posts
didn't expect it to be this close frankly.

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Istomin is making lol my ass off. I can't believe he's past R2 playing a clay tournament like it's Basel. Hilarious.

My prediction stands!

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
istomin :hearts: please get to MD in madrid, he withdraw from qualies... =(

·
Premium Member
3,051 Posts
Matosevic is a prize fool. Had the matchup, but needed some luck to win the first. Meltdown at the start of second set was pathetic. Still had chances in the third but he deserved to lose it for being so pathetic mentally when he needed to just keep the pressure on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts