Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, that was pretty odd. It was an ok match, strange to see no thread...

Inconsistent match from Goffin, strangely his serve was good today (many free points earned from it), but the rest of the game wasn't decent, he was too defensive at times and got a bit rushed by Bolelli (who was pretty good in the first two sets). Almost lost the first tiebreak (was 4-1 down, double minibreak), but got them back immediately, and managed to close the first set with some good (and rare today, sadly) offensive play (the FH from miles behind the baseline to win the set :worship: ).
In the third set, David almost got broken at 3*-1 (saved 2 BP), but didn't, and it was the end of the match right there.
Kohli next.

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
yeah, that was an inconsistent match from him. hopefully david will pick it up next round, if he doesnt kohli will handle him easily.

·
Banned
1,221 Posts
Goffin too defensive? He's become a weird mix between... I don't know a Giorgi and Davydenko, a brainless counterpuncher despite having good tactics. He goes for every counterpunch and makes literally tons of erros, I can understand now why commentators were ranting about it after the Tsonga match in Monte Carlo that I hadn't seen back then. Bolelli played good, it was a nice match but Goffin just returned everything back at him and it wore him down eventually. Goffin finally used some slices too in the third to get a better control of Bolelli's offensive game and avoided being broken back as Pablo said.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Kohli has finally found his form, and on clay I think he will beat Goffin next round. Should be a good match.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Shame for SiBo - he was the one taking the initiative out there and making most of the big plays. But Goffin was too solid in the end.

·
Banned
70,519 Posts
allez :woohoo:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts