Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, its not a good sign that he got pushed this hard by pospisil on clay but the important thing is he got the win in the end. He started by winning ugly in miami too and then improved as it went on so hopefully he can do the same here

·
Registered
11,142 Posts
:worship: Thiem saves tennis.

·
Premium Member
14,827 Posts
Good sign for Pospisil, he had his chances to win this.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Too close. At least Thiem won and saved tennis :worship:

·
Bring it Home
20,704 Posts
Ok, Munich is a bit faster than most of the clay courts, but Thiem playing in his favorite surface and needing a 3rd set TB against Pospisil isn't a good sign.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Theim hasn't adapted to the clay at all. As if he is still playing on hard. Come on boy, wake up!

Shot selection - :eek:

Vasek is a mess too, where is his mind when on the court!

·
Registered
13,974 Posts
Didn't see the match, but I am shocked that this was this close. Can't even really fathom it considering how poor Pospisil usually is on clay.

Not shocked, though, that Vasek allowed another close match to slip away with his awful mentality. Still looking for his first main draw win on clay in his career.

·
Registered
70,519 Posts
well a win is a win...

·
Premium Member
5,646 Posts
dreadful :lol: we're going nowhere like this, Dominic.

·
Registered
22,646 Posts
It isn't often that I'd be happy with this kind of scoreline from Vasek but I'm pleasantly surprised he managed to be this competitive on clay against Thiem. That being said, damn he needs to stop losing close matches

·
Registered
19,673 Posts
Thiem is so inconsistent. Career projection towards a Wawrinka-lite at this point.
fully agree, I considering taking him out of my sig due to such kind of results

1 - 18 of 18 Posts