Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
53,533 Posts
Re: Munich R1: Stakhovsky def. Ledovskikh 6-0 6-0

BOMBSHELL!

Yes, this actually happened, among rarest of events, no stream.
The dreaded double bagel was handed to an unlucky lucky loser (ranked 417) in 36 minutes.

Stakhkovsky can now boast of this achievement to his kids.
He won all his service pts in the first set.

BTW I wonder if Nadal has ever double bagelled anyone on clay before? :confused:

·
Premium Member
5,071 Posts

BOMBSHELL!

Yes, this actually happened, among rarest of events, no stream.
The dreaded double bagel was handed to an unlucky lucky loser (ranked 417) in 36 minutes.

Stakhkovsky can now boast of this achievement to his kids.
He won all his service pts in the first set.

BTW I wonder if Nadal has ever double bagelled anyone on clay before? :confused:
Funny you should ask, because:

13‑Sep‑2013 Davis Cup WG PO: ESP vs UKR Clay Nadal d. Sergiy Stakhovsky [UKR] 6-0 6-0 6-4

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BTW I wonder if Nadal has ever double bagelled anyone on clay before?
He double bageled Stakhovsky himself :lol: (2013 DC). 5 set match though, but Staks did eat two bagels in that match.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
53,533 Posts

Funny you should ask, because:

13‑Sep‑2013 Davis Cup WG PO: ESP vs UKR Clay Nadal d. Sergiy Stakhovsky [UKR] 6-0 6-0 6-4
:haha: what a coincidence!!! I think this meme perfectly sums up this event (no offence to the Ledo who was just washed out by sheer class differences)

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
Bagel boy :worship:

Ledovskikh was doublebageled already, IIRC. Also Nadal bagelled him (although he played fine in the first, that was the only match I remember watching him).

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Ledovsky.

Pozoblanco, Spain; 06.08.2012; CH;

R32 Tommy Robredo (ESP) 186 L 0-6, 0-6

Bangkok, Thailand; 13.09.2010; CH;
Q2 Sebastian Rieschick (GER) 431 L 0-6, 0-6

also close ones

R16 Dudi Sela (ISR) 94 L 0-6, 0-3 RET

R16 Yen-Hsun Lu (TPE) 78 L 1-6, 0-6

·
Ace Loveforty
83,400 Posts
Ledo probably won more with this match than the Munich winner will

·
Banned
1,221 Posts

·
Registered
20,731 Posts
First set 6-0 at Betfair went from something like 17.0 down to 1.6, most bookies pulled the match entirely.

Kinda amusing with these type of players, where their sole ambition is to qualify for a main draw so you can pull this.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
First set 6-0 at Betfair went from something like 17.0 down to 1.6, most bookies pulled the match entirely.

Kinda amusing with these type of players, where their sole ambition is to qualify for a main draw so you can pull this.
funny that he didn't even qualify to md

and it's not the first fix in his career

·
Registered
59,016 Posts

:lol: That does not sound subtle. Bunch of people who have never seen Stakhovsky's return/defensive play maybe? :p

·
MONSOON season.
81,957 Posts
:spit:

Ledovskikh can only play on hard courts, but a double bagel is still embarrassing.

·
Registered
68,049 Posts
:lol:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts