Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What will happen here? Kohli has never beaten Istomin in three career meetings. Istomin is a good player whose lifetime record is under .500. Why? Apparently he just has never lived up to his potential. But he is always a dangerous player. Kohli should win though, right? I would think so.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
kohli in 3

·
Banned
12,122 Posts

·
Banned
12,122 Posts
ah ok

·
Bring it Home
20,320 Posts
Excuse me, but how in the hell a player forfeits a match with injury on a ATP 500 on Friday (in a set he was a break up) and is ready to play again the next week in a ATP 250? Quite strange. :confused:

·
Banned
12,122 Posts
He wasn't a break up when he retired against Giraldo.

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
He was, m8. I was watching the match, Santi started the 2nd set on the serve and opened 3-0, but then he lost 4 straight games. Kohli retired at 4-3 and serve.
/well either you weren't paying attention or your memory sucks. kohli started the second set down 0-3 then took a timeout. he got it back to 3-3. Santi held for 4-3 and then kohli retired

kohli's injury might not be serious. he might have retired merely as a precaution

anyway as for the topic: kohli really should beat istomin on clay. he's had some bad losses this year but losing to istomin on clay at home would just about take the cake

·
Bring it Home
20,320 Posts
He wasn't a break up when he retired against Giraldo.
/well either you weren't paying attention or your memory sucks. kohli started the second set down 0-3 then took a timeout. he got it back to 3-3. Santi held for 4-3 and then kohli retired

kohli's injury might not be serious. he might have retired merely as a precaution

anyway as for the topic: kohli really should beat istomin on clay. he's had some bad losses this year but losing to istomin on clay at home would just about take the cake
:lol:

Indeed, 4-3 Giraldo.

Sorry, you guys are right. I should've misread the score, no idea how. :haha:

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I of course would love to see Kohli win this, but sometimes his matchups are not good and he continues to have trouble with certain players. For example, against Nieminen he has had problems because he claims he can't see the ball well coming off his racquet. Maybe Istomin poses a similar problem for him, although on the plus side they haven't played for several years. Also, Kohli is generally strong on clay (I don't know about Istomin on this surface). So, assuming the injury is not too serious, and assuming the passage of time will wipe out whatever issues he had with Istomin's game earlier, then Kohli may indeed get a win here.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts