Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Bad performance from Sascha, maybe a wildcard into qualies would have been better. Still a good experience against an intelligent player who made use of his bad footwork running forward for stops, he will learn from that.

·
Registered
5,842 Posts
Bad performance from Sascha, maybe a wildcard into qualies would have been better. Still a good experience against an intelligent player who made use of his bad footwork running forward for stops, he will learn from that.
That sums it up really good. Next is Heilbronn challenger he could win a Match there!

·
Banned
5,616 Posts
I'm afraid Zverev won't be anything special. His fh and footwork sucks, at least serve and bh are decent. But anyway, thank you Alex for taking out the trash in juniors AO final :yeah: Melzer will win this 2 and 2.
:wavey::wavey::wavey::wavey:

·
Registered
435 Posts
he's alot over rated. probably the most overrated of all the youngsters
hahaha in what way is he overrated
Nobody expects him to become nr 1 in three years. Coric and Kyrgios seem to be the bigger talents at the moment, but I don't think Zverev will have a worse career than garin, Quinzi, Kozlov or Kachanov. He's the only German talent so it's normal that we hope he can reach top 20 or more. His groundstrokes, serve and touch at the net are very strong. If he can develop a good defensive skillset and improve his footwork/fitness, he has all important tools in todays game

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hahaha in what way is he overrated
Nobody expects him to become nr 1 in three years. Coric and Kyrgios seem to be the bigger talents at the moment, but I don't think Zverev will have a worse career than garin, Quinzi, Kozlov or Kachanov. He's the only German talent so it's normal that we hope he can reach top 20 or more. His groundstrokes, serve and touch at the net are very strong. If he can develop a good defensive skillset and improve his footwork/fitness, he has all important tools in todays game
he's over rated because people expect him to contend for and win slams and thats not going to happen

·
Registered
435 Posts
he's over rated because people expect him to contend for and win slams and thats not going to happen
well, that's wrong, at least no realistic follower of his career so far does expect that. And I've read maybe 2 or 3 posts mentioning that. He has the potential to win slams if he improves as the basiscs are there but he is very far away from that right now.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
3 games, really disappointing if you ask me...

·
Registered
435 Posts
zverev himself said: "With this performance I would have lost against many juniors as well. I just played badly." It seems that he is able to critizise himself. He mentioned as well that he was too nervous.

·
Your visions will happen
47,138 Posts
Yeah maybe WC right into a 250 against even this current Melzer was a bit much for baby Zverev. As someone else said, maybe a WC into qualies would have been better.

He should do well in Challengers and some futures in 2014, get himself at least inside top 500 at end of 2014, at least

1 - 19 of 19 Posts