Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called it. Their H2H kinda sold the farm but this is still Kohli's house and I didn't think he'd give so many gifts. Istomin was solid and played well but Kohli shouldv'e had this.

My prediction holds!

Also, anyone know why the umpire stopped the point at the last game at deuce? I had no sound on, just saw Istomin hit a net cord, Kohli going for the drop shot, then they replayed the point...

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
losing to istomin on clay at home:eek:

i dont know how the hell istomin even gets wins on clay he's so clueless on the surface its not even funny and yet here he is

·
Bring it Home
20,320 Posts
Kohli is another one of those guys (Youznhy, Haas. Simon) who's quickly fading.

Btw, what a terrible year for German tennis. Everybody playing like shit.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Kohli was up 40-0 in the last game but then let Istomin back in it, and he eventually hit two aces and saved like six break points to seal the deal. So I guess Kohli deserved to lose. He just can't beat Istomin.

·
Registered
10,504 Posts
Istomin was playing like he was on a fast indoor surface and still prevailed. Pretty poor from Kohli... Hasn't played well all year apart from Dubai and even there the draw opened up for him considerably...

·
Registered
435 Posts
Kohli is another one of those guys (Youznhy, Haas. Simon) who's quickly fading.

Btw, what a terrible year for German tennis. Everybody playing like shit.
German Tennis is getting worse every year this decade (Haas' last year was just an exception to the rule) and also the wome are playing more often poorly than well. General problem in German tennis structure

·
Registered
57,595 Posts
What an awful match :lol: Istomin rivals Karlovic's movement on the surface and yet no matter how bad he was and how many opportunities he gave up Kohlschreiber couldn't win.

Great sign of the current depth of the field on clay that Istomin is 3-1 on the surface this year while about the most totally clueless player I've ever seen there.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Was Kohli defending points? If so, how far down will he drop in the rankings?

·
Registered
161 Posts
German Tennis is getting worse every year this decade (Haas' last year was just an exception to the rule) and also the wome are playing more often poorly than well. General problem in German tennis structure
disagree. year began quite well with nice surprises through gojo, dreddy, struff etc. right now it's some kinda like you said but i see a semifinal coming on short term :)

on wta there were high expectations since wimby 2013 that couldn't be fulfilled completely but i believe they're on a good way-

regarding daviscup and fedcup the years was/is more than great! nothing more to say on this!

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Well...no words, wake me up when he plays better again.
Istomin continues the undefeated H2H against Peppo, very poor, he drops final points here, not looking good

1 - 20 of 23 Posts