Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NID, routine victory. Outside of the little bump at *4-5 0-30 in the second set when they played a magical rally that could've easily resulted in 3 SP for the doctor.

Fognini next, it's highly recommendable to get your lube out if you're going to watch that one.

·
Banned
12,122 Posts

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
Awful tiebreak from Karlovic in 1st set. He had a mini-break lead twice and he wasted both - lost 4 points on his service in that tiebreak, which obviously is just dreadful for a servebot whose success largely depends on winning tiebreaks.

·
Registered
57,587 Posts
Great when Brown wins tour level matches

But every match I watch Karlovic play, I think what an underrated choker the guy is. Very few players are more reliably awful on big points

·
Super Moderator
62,003 Posts
Karlovic steadily improving his record tally of most career TBs lost. He's well ahead of the field in this category with 239.

·
Banned
12,122 Posts
Karlovic steadily improving his record tally of most career TBs lost. He's well ahead of the field in this category with 239.
he plays many of them too though.

·
Banned
12,122 Posts
I'd be curious to know what's Brown's tb % at CHs level since he has too few matches at ATP level, I'm surprised he's only played 53 matches in ATP MDs in his career.

Still Ivo has a postive %, a guy like Almagro who has also a good serve is at .470%

Federer is too much of an outlier to be compared to imho.

·
Registered
21,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'd be curious to know what's Brown's tb % at CHs level since he has too few matches at ATP level, I'm surprised he's only played 53 matches in ATP MDs in his career.

Still Ivo has a postive %, a guy like Almagro who has also a good serve is at .470%

Federer is too much of an outlier to be compared to imho.
59-51

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
Yesssss, hooray Dreddy! :D I'm really looking forward to the Fognini match.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
watch him flopping in r2 :hysteric:

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Way to go Dreddy!! I thought that this could be a bit easier match for him because Ivo was so terrible against Steps on Monte Carlo, but hey, a win is a win :)

·
Registered
649 Posts
The Fog Machine will have no problem with DB in round 2.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts