Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Munich qualifying blockbuster: R. "who?" Eitzinger beats M. "who?" Vacek 6-3 7-6(3)

Although I'm certainly far from being as knowledgeable as other posters here, it isn't often that I haven't heard of either player in an ATP-level match (even in the last round of qualifying). That was definitely the case here.

Neither has played an ATP match before. It will be the first for Eitzinger (will play H.T. Lee). I haven't looked beyond 2008, but Eitzinger seems to be a mediocre challenger level player (ranked 200 something) and M. Vacek a poor futures player (has lost in first round of most futures he entered this year).

I'm sure tennis was the winner in this match between legends and lucky those who were in attendance of this historic event :worship: :wavey:

Edit: it seems I was wrong on several counts, please see posts below.

·
Registered
7,055 Posts
Re: Munich 1R blockbuster: R. Eitzinger beats M. Vacek 6-3 7-6(3)

It was qualies last round right ?

·
Tênis Mambembe
36,773 Posts
Re: Munich qualifying blockbuster: R. "who?" Eitzinger beats M. "who?" Vacek 6-3 7-6(

:lol:

and Vacek is not a poor futures player, won some tournaments last year and then got injured.

·
Registered
10,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Munich qualifying blockbuster: R. "who?" Eitzinger beats M. "who?" Vacek 6-3 7-6(

it was QR btw
Thanks, fixed :eek:

and if u've never heard of these guys it's nothing to be proud of, really
Who said I'm proud? I guess Eitzinger is widely known in the challenger circuit, but I seriously doubt many people have heard about Martin Vacek before.

·
Registered
10,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Thank you all for educating me :hatoff:

·
Premium Member
2,766 Posts

·
MTF. Never changes!
10,054 Posts

I have not heard of this Vacek before [at first I thought :eek: Jan!?!], but all of my experiences with Eitzinger have been good ones. He was quite a gentleman [nothing seedy, he let my friend borrow his shirt when she was cold :)] and a nice guy from what I've seen :) It was just his tennis that was irritating :lol: Good on him :yeah:

EDIT: woooo!! A post that isnt about Federer, Nadal or Djokovic :D

·
Registered
1,810 Posts

i bet i have seen eitzinger in vienna on eurosport once.. so he has to have played an atp before :)

·
MTF. Never changes!
10,054 Posts

He beat Marach in an Austrian event. But that's nothing big. I think everyone is doing it these days :sad: Also 2007 Kitz.

EDIT...
2006 Vienna R32 Marach df Eitzinger 2-6 7-5 7-6(6) :yeah: lol

2006 Kitzbuhel R64 Eitzinger df Marach 6-3 6-0

·
Premium Member
24,603 Posts

Eitzinger has been around for a little while...a number of Vacek knocking around the Tour, so I can't be sure whether it is Martin I'd ever heard of. :eek:

·
Registered
13,751 Posts

Eitzinger has had quite a few ATP matches over the years and I remember him because most of the betting markets have been dodgy as hell.

·
Registered
97,310 Posts

Of course I know both of them and Eitzinger was a 90% favourite, no wonder he won. I even asked Eitzinger's dad which was Eitzinger when I watched at the match (of course without knowing that old gentleman was related to any player :p). Anyway, don't bash the OP, now he already knows these players.

·
Registered
11,918 Posts

Eitzinger defeated Mirnyi in Kitzy last year ;) he has an ugly game :eek:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts