Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No thread :( Still stuck with the fucking scoreboard. There was a game in the last that went on for ages, classic scoreboard rage.
Any reports from this? Was Tommy decent, at least? still a SF coming back, not bad. A final looks very good here, and if somebody can take out the Fog (or if he just does his thing) even a win here wouldn't be that strange.

·
Registered
7,348 Posts
Haas made some good points and some terrific unforced errors. In the eternal game (which was the eigth of the third set, when Seppi was serving 3*-4 down and was broken by Haas) both players made good shots and unforceds at the same time, I think that the length of that game was more because of this rather than because of shotmaking or something like that. In fact, the point when Haas broke was because of an easy miss from Seppi in an attempt of forehand down the line. It wasn't a must view match for sure but I have to tell that I started watching it in the second set so maybe I am wrong.

Anyway, always happy when Haas wins because I feel that these are one of the lasts victories he will get before his retirement. Anyway, he is still able to win tournaments at his age. I am sorry for Mateya as well :sad:

·
Registered
27,181 Posts
Hass hit two of the best drop shots of all time and a GOAT lob volley on the line to get to break point in that 4-3 game. Apart from that he was pretty crap.

·
Registered
10,057 Posts
Close, but not enough. :sadface:

2nd set was very satisfing with Seppi routining Haas. Overall was a match with little breaks which is surprising for a Seppi match. Only one break decided the first two sets, the final set was a bit more messy with Haas breaking twice.
Oh well, quarterfinal is not a bad result. Mateja and Madrid next. ;)

·
Registered
194 Posts
2 amazing drop shots , pure talent...

BTW, funny to see how less attention 250's get, when there is no Big star playing like in Brisbane (exception Queens and Halle)

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
seppi :hug: NID...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts