Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:sport::sport::sport:

Zverev almost capitalized on a massive choke in the 2nd set when Garin blew 3 MP, but was absolutely pathetic on serve in the 3rd set.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Zverev, just like Millman are perfect examples of what 10000% determination & fighting spirit can get you to. Theyre not very talented but they will fight for it.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I don't want to hear another word about Zverev not being a pusher. This was very disgraceful performance, almost robbed the more talented player. Sascha without B2B wins in 6 straight tournaments. Now that is some stat!

·
Registered
4,562 Posts
One of the worst matches I've ever seen. :lol:

·
Premium Member
8,283 Posts
Zverev won’t make it to WTF to defend his title.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Zverev was broken 7 times despite 14 aces and 75% first serves...
He had some big serves, but Garin is so much more talented than him. Every time the ball was inplay, Zverev was underdog for that point. Zverev has bigger serve, but other than that he has nothing against Garin.

·
Registered
6,505 Posts
When will RG seeding be decided? Thiem with good odds to overtake AZ soon. Zverev defending a W in Madrid and F in Rome. Thiem a F in Madrid and R32 in Rome. Could happen already during Madrid.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Not sure what I'm doing here in GM, but anyway, for those who are trashing Zverev at the moment, were you aware of his personal struggles?

For those comfortable in German, here is the original article: Zverev bei BMW Open: Ohne Vater, Freundin und Manager

For the others: Off-court concerns affect Zverev

The difference between a top 150 and a top 10 isn't all that big. It's no surprise after reading this that Zverev is struggling on the court. But I guess it doesn't matter because tennis players are not humans, they are nothing more than robots who are supposed to respond to commands.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts