Registered
14,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2nd title for the young Chilean.

Another milestone for NextGen

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,613 Posts
Berettini was serving very well at times. Glad Garin could win after failing to close the match at 5-4 in the third. The TB was flawless from him. Loved the net plays.

·
Registered
21,396 Posts
Impressive Berrettini made this much of a fight out of it after winning a title last week and already playing two sets earlier today

·
Registered
33 Posts
Two very interesting players. I haven't watched Berettini much before but he was great against RBA. Both are having a superb year so far. Probably top 20 both on the race.

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
Congrats to Garin, his great season continues with a second ATP title :hatoff: What an effort from Berrettini as well, going for B2B 250s, but the Munich weather and resulting schedule changes surely played a part in his demise today :rain:

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,613 Posts
I like Garin but afraid this has an asterisk.
Well can't really be helped, Munich has always been like this. Berrettini did finish RBA off quickly and had a lot of quick holds as the match wore on so some of the disadvantage was offset though he has played two weeks but not Garin's fault.

Garin did defeat Schwartzman, Cecchinato and Zverev so all up I think it was a deserved title for the Chilean and the match was well fought to the end.

·
Registered
21,230 Posts
Isn't Garin 23?

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
i’m really liking what i’m seeing from this garin kid. he’s a well-rounded player and checks all the boxes in terms of tennis IQ, movement, physical strength, and fighting spirit. i think he’s got a very bright future ahead of him.

·
Registered
26,225 Posts
Easily my new favorite player. His game is so stylish; love his forehand and watching him move on clay.

Where has he been?? I see he's only 22 and beat Sascha for a junior RG title six years ago (2013). He's got a really good build for tennis. Athletic with a nice amount of muscle. Obviously the serve will hold him back on faster surfaces until he can improve it.

Berrettini is cool too. Much more stiff but nice blend of offense/defense on clay.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts