Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
20,932 Posts
Re: Munich 2R: Fernando Gonzalez Defeats Kristof Vliegen 1-6 7-5 6-3

Safin-Gonzalez tomorrow. Looks like we're getting a treat here in Munich, inspite of all the withdrawels.

Can't wait. :bounce:

·
Registered
10,269 Posts

:woohoo: Fernando!!! I thought he was done after that first set but he kept on fighting :fiery:

Marat next? shoot, I like Marat but I will have to root for Fena. Should be a good match though :yeah:

Reactions: MariaV

·
Premium Member
9,871 Posts

:bounce:

·
Premium Member
2,766 Posts
Vliegen should have wrapped it up in two, more breaks of serve in that second set than I care to remember; WTA-esque.

And for anybody who watched the match on the bet365 stream, were you just as underwhelmed as I was with the imbecile of a commentator that had been assigned to the match? You begin to query a persons tennis knowledge when they refer to a drop shot as a "short lob shot", a double fault as a "double serve" and to Vliegen's [a name he failed to pronounce correctly throughout the duration of the match] performance in the first set [against an opponent that was clearly suffering with a foot injury which in turn lead to some rather poor play] as "awesome".

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
Before I go to sleep today, I will pray that this was the last match of Vliegen's career. I'm so sick of these headcases who can't serve it out.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Phew!

Come on Fernando! Well done for holding your nerve and coming through. Fernando is still my favourite for the tournament in my eyes.

·
Registered
23,711 Posts
lucky one Feña :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

almost losing to Fido Dido :help:

Safin will rip him a new one tomorrow :sad:

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Kristof you loser! You're a one-year wonder and your "one year" wasn't even that wonderous. Can anyone confirm a MP? I could've sworn I left the SB with Vliegmug up 40-30 at *5-4 but I might be dreaming.

·
Banned
113 Posts
The match wasn't that bad, at some sections there was very good tennis played actually.
Vliegen had 5:4 in the second and it was 30:30 - two points from match , but somehow Gonzo managed to turn it arround.
His forehand in the first set was awful.

·
Registered
42,421 Posts
Safin-Gonzalez tomorrow. Looks like we're getting a treat here in Munich, inspite of all the withdrawels.

Can't wait. :bounce:
Enjoy! :wavey:

Safin will rip him a new one tomorrow :sad:
Hahaa, we'll see about that. :eek: :eek:
At least at racket breaking Feña was clearly superior today. :worship: :bowdown: Safin is just a pale shade of what he was once. :sad: :eek:

·
Registered
5,166 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts