Mens Tennis Forums banner

If fed wins AO 2012 and becomes number 2 does he havea multi slam year?

• YES

Votes: 24 40.7%
  • NO

Votes: 22 37.3%
  • about as likely as nole winning CYGS

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • about as likely as rafa beating nole in a final

Votes: 6 10.2%
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If federer wins the first slam of the year and becomes number 2 in the rankings does he have a multi slam year in 2012 in your opinion?

·
Banned
18,509 Posts
Olderer can win slams with the following draw:

R1: Ryan Sweeting
R2: (WC) Lleyton Hewitt
R3: Fabio Fognini
R4: Stanislas Mugwrinka
QF: Andy Rodmug
SF: Walkover (can't have Olderer too tired for the final)
F: Andy Mugray (coming off 2 consecutive 5 setters in QF/SF)

·
Registered
7,983 Posts
Olderer can win slams with the following draw:

R1: Ryan Sweeting
R2: (WC) Lleyton Hewitt
R3: Fabio Fognini
R4: Stanislas Mugwrinka
QF: Andy Rodmug
SF: Walkover (can't have Olderer too tired for the final)
F: Andy Mugray (coming off 2 consecutive 5 setters in QF/SF)
:haha:

·
Your visions will happen
49,960 Posts
Whoever wins the AO has a great shot at a multi slam season :yeah:

Just 2 days ago this site was burying Fed, now he's going to win 2-3 (or more) slams this year, plus Olympic Gold, oh yeah, and Davis Cup too :yeah:

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
LOL, so because federer dominated an out of form kohli, he is going to suddenly win numerous slams? Wait till he faces nadull or djokovic. He will get pounced on (and this is coming from someone who is a fan of fed)

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I mean I've picked federer for AO 2012 for awhile now this kohli match didn't have to do with it other than federer looking a trimmer than he was at london and moving well. I like that he's added a new conditioning trainer to his team and am very confident he wins a slam this year but if he gets through AO 2012 with a win I really feel he WILL win another slam this year.

·
Registered
7,983 Posts
I mean I've picked federer for AO 2012 for awhile now this kohli match didn't have to do with it other than federer looking a trimmer than he was at london and moving well. I like that he's added a new conditioning trainer to his team and am very confident he wins a slam this year but if he gets through AO 2012 with a win I really feel he WILL win another slam this year.
another guy said Fed put on a few pounds of muscle

·
Registered
823 Posts
Federer could easily win 0 slams this year. If he wins in Australia, and gets the #2 seed then he'd probably be favoured to win a second slam this year as well.

If any of the top 3 win in Australia then they'll be quite likely to win a second slam in 2011 in my opinion.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
another guy said Fed put on a few pounds of muscle

People mistake the illusion of adding muscle when you lose weight but look more cut. This is exactly how federer looked less fat on his face and abs. Someone said because he's wearing a tighter shirt instead of a polo thats why he looks slimmer. Unlikely, bc his belly would be more pronounced in a tight shirt than a polo. I'd say he's lost about 5 pounds even the commentators were talking about it but his groundies have not suffered at all. The commentators were saying how well he was covering the court but let's see a few more matches to gauge his movement. I really like the shirt and may get one for myself.

·
Registered
955 Posts
LOL, so because federer dominated an out of form kohli, he is going to suddenly win numerous slams? Wait till he faces nadull or djokovic. He will get pounced on (and this is coming from someone who is a fan of fed)
Do you mean Kohli or Kolya? Kohli fought bravely against Nady. As for Kolya...:sad::sad:

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
IF (I repeat IF) Fed wins the AO that obviously means he becomes the man to beat at the moment. In that case he surely has a good chance of winning another.
I actually think Fed will win the AO. People who ride of Fed forget how close he has come to winning a slam on several occassions since AO 2010.

·
Registered
10,079 Posts
My God,

people strong opinions in MTF changed by day.

Right before Abu Dhabi: Roger will win golden CYGS, during and after Abu Dhabi: Roger will win zero match in 2012, after 1R Doha: Roger will win AO and possibly multislams.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
My God,

people strong opinions in MTF changed by day.

Right before Abu Dhabi: Roger will win golden CYGS, during and after Abu Dhabi: Roger will win zero match in 2012, after 1R Doha: Roger will win AO and possibly multislams.
True for some people but I've been picking Fed since he won the WTF.

·
Registered
934 Posts
IF (I repeat IF) Fed wins the AO that obviously means he becomes the man to beat at the moment. In that case he surely has a good chance of winning another.
I actually think Fed will win the AO. People who ride of Fed forget how close he has come to winning a slam on several occassions since AO 2010.
Exactly. The only player who can be relied on to beat Federer most of the time on slams is Nadal. With Djokovic, it's 50/50 and mostly depends on which Federer comes out to play. If he manages to get the no. 2 ranking and gets lucky with the draw (Nadal and Djokovic both on the other side, Djokovic takes out Nadal for him), I don't see how it's so impossible for him to win another slam or two.

·
Registered
17,749 Posts
RG 2010: Rafa didn't lose early
WB 2010: Rafa didn't lose early
USO 2010: Rafa didn't lose early
AO 2011: lost in straights to Novak
RG 2011: Rafa didn't lose early
WB 2011: Rafa didn't lose eaarly
USO 2011: Rafa didn't lose early

His only chance was the 2011 Australian Open, and that's if you completely ignore the hottest player on tour.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts