Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
Tipsarevic @ 2.6

Every match Davydenko has played in Miami was a 3 setter against guys like Gulbis & Bolelli. I wonder how he wants to beat Tipsarevic who's been playing very well so far.

·
Registered
39,787 Posts
Tipsarevic @ 2.6

Every match Davydenko has played in Miami was a 3 setter against guys like Gulbis & Bolelli. I wonder how he wants to beat Tipsarevic who's been playing very well so far.
have you seen his match vs Ancic or did you just put his bad performances in here to justify your bet ? if he plays like that you wont wonder anymore how he can beat Tipsarevic

note i am not saying he will but your reasoning is pointless as he was able to raise his level a lot vs Ancic

anyhow no bet for me so GL to you

G

·
I'd be careful with fading Ukraine today. He may not be playing at his best but 3 3 set matches already this tournament suggests to me he is out to prove something after being exonerated of all match fixing claims by showing some real fight in all those matches.

Davydenko shouldn't have much problem dealing with the Tipsarevic serve like all his other opponents have had during this week. Add to the fact that given Tipsy has not reached this stage of a major tournament before you have to question whether he will be able to hold his nerves if in a winning position. Experience advantage clearly with the Ukrainian.

BOL though for those who are taking the plunge with the Serb.

·
Registered
39,787 Posts
ditto BG, i watched Kolya vs Bol and he was truly awful spraying errors left and right, against Ancic however he was returning very well, was on the attack and kept Ancic running and finished the points and volleyed extremely well

experience is also a good point here

G

·
Also a comment by Jaap in the livescore thread yesterday got me looking into it a bit more. He mentioned that Davydenko starts to move up a gear when at the business end of tournaments because of the money factor. Sure a bit of a throwaway line but have a look at his recent performances from the point he reached a QF stage in a tournament.

Dubai '08 - beat Murray in QF, lost to Lopez in SF
Doha '08 - beat Tursunov in QF, lost to Murray in SF
Moscow '07 - beat Andreev in QF, won the tournament
US Open '07 - beat Haas in QF, lost to Federer in SF
Cincy 07 - beat Ferrer in QF, lost to Blake in SF

In fact he has won his last 5 QF matches with his last QF loss coming in Montreal last season against Stepanek.

G

·
Someone explain to me why Federer is at $1.18 and not $1.008 for the greatest mismatch the tennis world has seen since the Lendl v Gilbert?

Even if you look at the handicap, it's at -4 paying a cool $2.02. Pretty generous IMO given 11 of Roger's 15 wins has covered that number. He served a lot better against Chucho and has cut out the errors off his fh which were flowing from his racquet in IW and even against Monfils in the second round. Also given the fact that Djokovic is out of the tournament he must surely realise this is the time for him to claim his first tournament win of the year.

Roddick has struggled all week against CH level players, time to hop back on the Fed Express

Federer to cover -4 v Roddick - $2.02

gl

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Andy @5.10 All in!!!

·
Premium Member
24,603 Posts
I'd be careful with fading Ukraine today. He may not be playing at his best but 3 3 set matches already this tournament suggests to me he is out to prove something after being exonerated of all match fixing claims by showing some real fight in all those matches.

Davydenko shouldn't have much problem dealing with the Tipsarevic serve like all his other opponents have had during this week. Add to the fact that given Tipsy has not reached this stage of a major tournament before you have to question whether he will be able to hold his nerves if in a winning position. Experience advantage clearly with the Ukrainian.

BOL though for those who are taking the plunge with the Serb.
Yep, must be such a weight off him now that he is (on the verge of being) in the clear. I wonder if we will see a bit of a resurgence from him (apart from obviously this fortnight) on the European clay.

·
Registered
20,755 Posts
Napoli Challenger

Olivier Patience to beat Flavio Cipolla

Ilia Bozoljac to beat Potito Starace

·
Ace Loveforty
83,415 Posts
Ilia Bozoljac to beat Potito Starace
hmmm, good luck with that but have u seen potito's record in napoli?
also Bozoljac is far from being a claycourter

·
Registered
490 Posts
Nikolay Davydenko - Janko Tipsarevic

Maybe It's not very wise to back Davydenko nowadays, especially when He is set as favorite, but in my opinion this time It is a little bit different. Kolya played really awful matches in first two rounds - I don't remember when his forehand was so bad. Also first serve percentage was a way too low. But still He managed to escape from lose against Bolelli. And match vs Ancic was absolute other stuff. I really don't remember when Davydenko hit ball so well - finally control his shots and played some really nice volleys considering his standards. So It seems he find confidence. On the other hand Tipsarevic is showing decent stuff too especially in matches vs Nando and Tojo. Last round as I expected Youzhny beat him self with those many errors from baseline. But even with these things It wasn't easy match for Janko. Time by time he was outplayed from baseline especially when Misha did drop shots. In my opinion Tipsarevic isn't fittest guy in tour especially in last stages. Quarter final in Masters is already his biggest achievement in career. And if Davydenko will show the same tennis as last round I see big troubles for Tipsarevic - not many options for Janko to outplay Kolya from baseline. So I expect good tennis from Davydenko vs slightly worst match here from Janko. Davydenko in straights.

Pick: Davydenko 2-0
Odds: 2.44
Bookie: Betway
Stake: 7/10

·
Banned
31,496 Posts
Davydenko should clinch it. As BG shows, once he gets to the later stages of a competition, he usually ups his game. Best to fade him in the early rounds IMO.

·
Registered
20,755 Posts
hmmm, good luck with that but have u seen potito's record in napoli?
also Bozoljac is far from being a claycourter
Starace is far from dependable in my opinion, Bozoljac has been serving really well in this tournament i think he got 13+ aces in his last match?

Should be worth a few pennies.

·
Registered
30,764 Posts
Once Davydenko gets on a roll he is hard to beat, in grand slams and masters series events he has a great record, only the top notch top 8 players seem to beat him in the latter stages of these tournies once he is at the business end and that guy isnt gonna be Tipsarevic sure he has had a great week but he hasent beaten anything special

Davy over Tipsy 1/2

GL

1 - 20 of 43 Posts