Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No thread for one of 2020s most important matches? Painful loss for Chjoker. Fought back from 1-5 in the 2nd but failed to convert 4 BPs in the decider. Lots of wasted energy for the veteran, not a good sign.

·
Registered
17,816 Posts
?

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Not that this result is a big deal on it's own, but I am sort of worried about Djokovic, he is getting beaten by the young guys a lot. He is the big 3 member I am most curious about next year.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Novak 1st-set Djokovic loses in 3 again. Next-Genners will knock him out of draws, while Nadal can't possibly lose to them, amd will always go deep, that will be 2020. in a nutshell. Novak's game just ain't working any longer vs. anyone going for his shots.

·
Banned
5,793 Posts
Useless exho.

BTW that court color combination is repulsive.

·
Your visions will happen
49,283 Posts
Not a bad level for an offseason exhibition practice tournament

Djoko looked like he barely picked up a racquet since Davis Cup while Tsitsipas looks poised and ready to win AO tomorrow. But, AO does not start tomorrow. We have another several weeks. Several weeks for Djokovic to play himself into form, and plenty of weeks for Tsitsipas to level off, though I expect the Greek to bring this level or better in Melbourne

So we will see. Does not mean much, but it does mean something. Little extra data point for Stef, more confidence in his shot patterns and mentality vs Nole, and another shot vs Rafa who he lost to in London before winning the title, his only loss at the YEC iirc

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Novak 1st-set Djokovic loses in 3 again. Next-Genners will knock him out of draws, while Nadal can't possibly lose to them, amd will always go deep, that will be 2020. in a nutshell. Novak's game just ain't working any longer vs. anyone going for his shots.
Calm down. It's only an exho.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
You guys will never learn lmao.

Need I remind you that this is an EXHO ? FFS.

I'm not even a Djoko fan but acting like he's done lmao.
Honestly, it’s a damn exho and people are acting like these results actually matter and are a tell tale of their actual levels

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
You guys need to stop worrying about players’ levels in these type of tournaments. It’s an exhibition tournament so no one is going all out. The results of this tournament don’t mean jack shit for what’ll happen in the future.

·
Registered
4,233 Posts
You guys need to stop worrying about players’ levels in these type of tournaments. It’s an exhibition tournament so no one is going all out. The results of this tournament don’t mean jack shit for what’ll happen in the future.
I recall Roddick was quite happy to finally beat Fedr in the warm-up 2007 Kooyong exho held in early January... then AO SF happened, LOL.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,337 Posts
It's an exhibition match so Djokovic probably wasn't at his sparkling best, but nevertheless this is good thing for his development.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
It's just an exhibition, but Tsitsi has beaten Djokovic couple times already before and it seems Djokovic does struggle against new gen more than Rafa, which is part of the reasons Djokovic won't catch Rafa in slam counts. Djokovic struggles against Staminal, Tsitsi, Meddy, and Thiem, and Rafa usually has no problem dispatching those guys. What's the odds of avoiding all those players in Djokovic's half. Considering Rafa's current form, he has great chance at AO.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Mtf at its best again...
Make conclusions based on an exho :D

1 - 20 of 42 Posts