Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)

Homesickness; chosen by Nepoznati Knez

What do you want more then Homesickness ??

Sad atmosphere because far from home and missing home. Can be something like Immigration - Long Travel - Working Abroad - War .....

In those time when lots of people are bashing immigration in their countries, not that bad to see it from a different angle.

An exemple my Grandfather was singing when rescued in Corsica during World War I :

How to play?
It's very easy! Every game, the winner of the previous edition chooses a theme. Every player sends a song to the manager via PM (don't make it public!) that meets the criteria and after a period of time a playlist is created. Then it's all about listening music, picking your favorite songs and sending your votes to the manager. The song with the most points wins!

How long do this game last?
Games usually last around 20 days (9 days for nomination + 11 days for voting phases), so don't worry, there's plenty of time.

1) Songs Submission Phase: Here you choose a song that complies with the game's theme and send a YouTube link to the manager. This phase lasts around 8 days.

(If two or more players happen to send the same song, the manager will accept the first player's choice and request the others to send a different song. All this will be done privately via PM)

2) Voting Phase: You'll have around 12 days to listen to the playlist and send the manager your votes.

(The voting format is explained below)

3) Final Ceremony: This is where the manager reveals who submitted each song and how many points it got! The ceremony takes place shortly or soon after Phase 2 ends.

(Remember, dates and time will be provided by the manager but they are not set in stone. If it's needed, the manager might change them with previous notice.)

How to vote?
After listening to the playlist, you send your favorite songs via PM to the manager (Cheda, me in this case) in one of the following formats. Note that you can't vote for your own song. The voting format depends on how many people play:

1) If 27 players or fewer participate, you vote for 10 songs ranked from top to bottom and numbered like this:

Code:
[U]12 Points:[/U] Your favorite song
[U]10 Points:[/U] 2nd favorite song.
[U]8 Points:[/U] 3rd favorite song.
[U]7 Points:[/U] (...)
[U]6 Points:[/U] (...)
[U]5 Points:[/U] (...)
[U]4 Points:[/U] (...)
[U]3 Points:[/U] (...)
[U]2 Points:[/U] (...)
[U]1 Point:[/U] (...)
2) If 28 or more players participate, the manager will host Semifinals. In each Semifinal, you vote for 10 songs as in the previous example. After the semi-finals the manager will publish a list of those songs that have reached the Final and you should vote again. Remember that even if your song doesn't make it through to the Final, you are still allowed and indeed requested to vote in the Final!

What if you don't vote?
If you don't vote, or vote for fewer songs than requested, then you will receive a penalty like this:

1) If you don't vote at all, your song will lose the maximum amount of points. (12 points)

2) If you vote for fewer songs, you will receive penalty points in reverse order of the points awarded (to the songs) in the particular voting format. (9 votes -> 1 point penalty, 8 votes -> 2 points penalty and so on)

Additional info

1)If the same song is sent by more than one player, the manager is supposed to ask the second and further players to choose another song.

2) The manager is required to send her/his own votes to MWW (click here), not later than 48 hours before the respective voting deadline (also in semifinals), else the manager's votes will not count.

3) Tiebreak criteria (for songs tied in points after the voting):
1st = amount of sets of top points received. 2nd (if still tied) = amount of 2nd highest points received. And so on.

4) The ideal duration for a 'midsized' BSG edition is 20-21 days: 8 for Nominations, 12 for Voting, 1 for transition or extensions.
The manager is however free to move the dates or extend that duration quite a bit.

5) Late votes: It's common practice in BSG to count late votes until the actual start of the results revelation (or Ceremony).
That could make things tough for the manager though. It's alright if the manager announces (shortly) in advance that the deadline will be strict, but then really no late votes can be accepted (as situations where the manager can arbitrarily decide if a vote counts, could be abused for results manipulation).

6) Here are some helpful links for new managers: Spreadsheet template and Previous Winners List.

7) "Best Song Game" is a simple and catchy label, but one of the purposes of this game is to discover new music.

Past Editions
[/CENTER][/QUOTE]

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Re: MTF BSG #80: Homesickness, Nomination Phase

To be updated​

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited by Moderator)

Aaron Kstein
Awka Liwen
babspider
bilentsob
Clay Death Rules
Featherer
HoorayBeer
Ilkae
Ilovetheblues_86
JesusG
JMG
lux_eterna
Mae
MWW
Nepoznati Knez
ProudSerb
Rob & Stephen
Synesthetic
yellow grass​

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

You can start nominating! :)

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Blast in the past:

Here is the song that would be eligible for this edition. I nominated Lene Lovich and finished 3rd in 1976-1983 edition.

·
Chaos Theory
51,534 Posts
Was gonna send my entry but I have no idea how to send pm with the new mtf board setup.
Two ways. When you see the manager's post, hover over their profile pic.

A little box expands and you can click "start conversation"

The other way is to click on your profile pic on the top right corner and click "Conversations" then on the page it brings up, top right corner, "Start conversation"

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
7 more days. Only 4 players so far!

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have no idea if this update just upset the users, but I will mention BSG players. :)

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
I'm not sure if this is the case for all these, but I've not received a notificaton that I'm tagged in this post. Can Matt (@MWW) or another Mod (@Loosie, @Mae, etc) look into this? I'm using tags myself to see if this is a common problem with the upgrade.

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have no idea how to edit my posts here. Screw this new upgrade.

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
EDIT is the top of the post rather than the bottom.
There is one more problem, I can't edit the post that was posted 24+ hours before. :SNE:

·
73,247 Posts
I'm not sure if this is the case for all these, but I've not received a notificaton that I'm tagged in this post. Can Matt (@MWW) or another Mod (@Loosie, @Mae, etc) look into this? I'm using tags myself to see if this is a common problem with the upgrade.
Sorry guys I was late getting here. I have had no problems with the mentions at all. They show up in the Alert part of my profile. I haven't heard anyone else bring this up as a problem. If it keeps being a problem for you, go into the Ask The Mods thread and tag Steve there.

·
73,247 Posts
There is one more problem, I can't edit the post that was posted 24+ hours before. :SNE:
I hate to tell you this, but that is the way the site is now set up. Send all complaints to Steve.

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I hate to tell you this, but that is the way the site is now set up. Send all complaints to Steve.
Abysmal... I can't change the Player's list because of this. :mad: Also, I miss our nice smileys. :(

1 - 20 of 156 Posts