Mens Tennis Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Servebot = A player with a very good serve (like, for example, Pete Sampras).

Mug = A player I don't like for completely irrational reasons, mostly rooted in Oedipal issues.

Vulture = A player who wins many professional matches, who I also don't like for irrational reasons.

Pusher = A player who uses defensive tactics at least as well as offensive tactics, skills which are taught by any competent tennis coach but which I deplore because I don't know very much about tennis

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
We already have similar threads

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Wait a sec

I GET IT!

YOU TOOK TERMINOLOGY YOU KNOW EVERYONE KNOWS AND PUT A SLIGHT SPIN ON IT BY INJECTING WHAT YOU THOUGHT WERE COMICAL YET AT THE SAME TIME DEROGATORY OPINIONS THAT WOULD INCITE EITHER HEARTY GUFFAWS OF LAUGHTER OR INDIGNANT OUTRAGE BUT INSTEAD YOUR JOKES WERE MET WITH GENERAL APATHY AND INDIFFERENCE AND A MORE OR LESS NO-ONE GIVES A FUCK ATTITUDE

Bravo sir bravo!

To quote Nelson Mandela, "I didn't invent the wheel, but I sure as shit wish I invented mudflaps".

·
Banned
12,122 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wait a sec

I GET IT!

YOU TOOK TERMINOLOGY YOU KNOW EVERYONE KNOWS AND PUT A SLIGHT SPIN ON IT BY INJECTING WHAT YOU THOUGHT WERE COMICAL YET AT THE SAME TIME DEROGATORY OPINIONS THAT WOULD INCITE EITHER HEARTY GUFFAWS OF LAUGHTER OR INDIGNANT OUTRAGE BUT INSTEAD YOUR JOKES WERE MET WITH GENERAL APATHY AND INDIFFERENCE AND A MORE OR LESS NO-ONE GIVES A FUCK ATTITUDE

Bravo sir bravo!

To quote Nelson Mandela, "I didn't invent the wheel, but I sure as shit wish I invented mudflaps".
I wasn't aiming for hearty guffaws or indignant outrage but rather to stimulate a modest level of critical reflection. Many people on this forum show no respect for the incredible achievements of professional tennis players, and thus betray a lack of real appreciation for the game. Posts about "mugs," "pushers," and the like read like the petulant outbursts of adolescents. I am not sure why anyone would want to congratulate himself for "general apathy," "indifference" and a "no-one gives a fuck attitude." What type of human being do you aspire to be, a mere jackass?

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
Lock thread, ban OP

Always wanted to say that.

Yeah man, follow motorhead's link. There's been a few threads like this.

-Closed-

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.