Mens Tennis Forums banner

161 - 180 of 183 Posts

·
Registered
8,823 Posts
Re: MTF Tennis Elbow's back! BO1-Masters! QFs/SFs - GriezBOTner with new record!

enlightenedth def. Darth Revan 6-1

Pretty good match, the scoreline is a bit unfair to be honest. I took my chances, but my opponent didn't, he had break chances in almost every game.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #162
Re: MTF Tennis Elbow's back! BO1-Masters! QFs/SFs - GriezBOTner with new record!

I'm amazed this guy has an elo of 1500, our elo is roughly the same, but make no mistake he was completely different class. My first serve went awol for most of the match, but even if I was botting he probably still would've won here. May the force be with you in the next match.
Wow, hats off man! You've improved quite a lot in recent times, taking three games of Darth Revan is really great tbh.

·
The special one
13,884 Posts

Wow, hats off man! You've improved quite a lot in recent times, taking three games of Darth Revan is really great tbh.
Thanks, still much room for improvement, but on the right track.

·
The special one
13,884 Posts

TE Day roundup.

cmchelsea managed to recover from the arm injury he got in his match with IBM, his serve however was in serious state, serving at less than 50% first serves, perhaps a bit tentative because of the injury, darth revan a serious threat to the TE elite this year ended up a comfortable 6-3 winner, although in the last game suffered a minor injury himself. He soldiers on in his SF though and is very unlucky to get just 1 game in his SF match, a good effort from him but enlightenedth books his place in the final from the bottom half.

Now the top half is much more unclear who makes it, Jamvol is safely booked into the SF and is chilling on the Scottish golf courses until his SF opponent gets sorted. TE GOAT nadalskness is favourite to meet him, but he must meet the winner of Milos/lenders first. Mark lenders still stuck in the airport in Lisbon so this match delayed, much to the annoyance of milos, who's been practising on the practise courts for a few days now.

Should be an interesting end to this tournament. Stay tuned.

·
Super Moderator
7,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #165

@alejan_milos and @Mark Lenders could you play your first round match [!] as soon as possible? Tomorrow evening? If you can't find time to play together then the more active player or the one who's got more free time will win by w/o here.

(In that case it would be alejan_milos advancing)

·
Registered
3,077 Posts

@alejan_milos and @Mark Lenders could you play your first round match [!] as soon as possible? Tomorrow evening? If you can't find time to play together then the more active player or the one who's got more free time will win by w/o here.

(In that case it would be alejan_milos advancing)
We will play on weekend

Enviado desde mi SM-J320FN mediante Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Top half keeping us in complete suspension. Will this affect the top seed?

·
Super Moderator
7,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #168

We will play on weekend

Mate, in the other half is already the finalist waiting. If you got time, you could play Knees now and count Lenders as retroactive victory whatever.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts

Mate, in the other half is already the finalist waiting. If you got time, you could play Knees now and count Lenders as retroactive victory whatever.
I asked him on Tuesday to play but he wasn't online. I can today but don't know if he can.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts

Those 6 winners he hit were spectacular, and definitely the highlight of the match. GL for the next tournament m8.

·
Registered
8,386 Posts

Early days in the Knees comeback and it showed here against this despicable vulture. Hopefully he will be back to his number 1 form soon enough.

Final is gonna be so pish now, sorry guys :lol:

·
Registered
1,729 Posts

GOATvol :worship:

·
Registered
8,823 Posts

FINAL: enlightenedth def. Jamvol 6-4

What a great final this was, high quality tennis. Jamvol started strong, got a 2-0 lead with dominant and agressive tennis. The 4th game was the key of the match in my opinion, where he had some chances to go 3-1 up, but I somehow managed to get the break. Until 4-4, there were easy holds for both of us, but he started to make more errors than in the start. Serving to stay in the match, he played a bad service game and that's what I needed to win.
Congrats to everyone involved in this tournament, hopefully more to come next year. Thanks to IBM for taking his time to organize everything. :worship:

·
Registered
8,386 Posts

WTF is this.

I can't believe it

WOATvol choked final, nid. Once a choker, always a choker
I was a hero for about 10 minutes :bigcry:

Congratulations on the title enlightened. I started very well, but he hung in and dominated the second half of the match. Good tournament for me though, beating Knees and Cloren who have both owned me hard on the tour.

·
Super Moderator
7,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #177

2 mins later...

WOATvol :worship:

This has potential to become the next MTF TE meme after 'Is Joe here?'

·
Super Moderator
7,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #179
Re: MTF Tennis Elbow's back! BO1-Masters! Winner: GOATlightenedth, TC today 2 pm gmt

Congrats @enlightenedth for the precious big title

*engraving enlightenedth's name on the trophy*

This has been the quickest tournament in the history of MTF TE, congrats mates :yeah:

First BO1 -Masters winner :worship:

Make sure to vote on which surface we play for the BO3 TieBreaks only Masters.

No energy anymore for a long essay anymore :lol:

The new rankings:

·
Super Moderator
7,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #180
Re: MTF Tennis Elbow's back! BO1-Masters! Winner: GOATlightenedth, TC today 2 pm gmt

Congrats to @Darth Revan for his first top 10 appearance :yeah:

Just like to @Arsenalex for entering the top20 for the first time :eek:

Enlightenedth our new #2

161 - 180 of 183 Posts