Mens Tennis Forums banner

121 - 131 of 131 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
League match against Silverbullet96.

I've really been servebotting like crazy today (we played another match before this one where I made 24 out of 24 first serves), so I thought it would be a good time to try and vulture a league win. :devil: Like a good sport Silverbullet96 accepted the challenge. :yeah:

Match itself was okay... some nice rallies, but Silverbullet96 wasn't at his best. I'm certain it will be a closer scoreline next time we meet.

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
League match against Nadalsknees.

Pretty close one this. I was happy to get a break early on (maybe before he was totally settled to the conditions) but it wasn't long before he broke back. After that he was serving great and holding more easily than me; I had to dig really deep to even reach the tiebreak. In the tiebreak I played a good string of points though to get ahead and he seemed to feel the scoreboard pressure, making a rally error at 2-5 which basically sealed the match in my favour... It was a good match from him, I was just a little bit better in the crucial moment in the tiebreak, otherwise you could say he was the better player for a lot of the set.

This match was played on Blue-Green cement btw (thankfully not clay, what a horrible surface :tape:). Next time we said we will go for a faster surface, maybe grass or an indoor court.

121 - 131 of 131 Posts