Mens Tennis Forums banner

101 - 120 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
10,380 Posts
Re: MTF Tennis Elbow US Open - Quarterfinals

Unfortunately after my R1 match I stepped on a Lego, leaving me completely debilitated and unable to compete. As such, I have to give my opponent a w.o.

I wish Khronos the best of luck in the SF.
Tanking to avoid me, in anticipation of my upcoming shock win against lazar :facepalm:

Disrespecting Khronos by leaving him undercooked for the SF :facepalm:

Letting down the Aussie Fanatics in the crowd :facepalm:

:mad::no:

·
Registered
10,380 Posts

Lazar destroyed me 6-0 6-1. Khronos should be a more competitive opponent. My defence was badly exposed, and my groundstrokes were too short too often.

I'm pleased I did better than Stan del GOATro and had better net stats :p

·
Registered
21,063 Posts

Probably the best match ever in the history of TE. I must go into the history books for bagelling BOATree

·
Registered
19,164 Posts

The real final :eek:

·
Super Moderator
7,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #108

I took long bathroom break and fake MTO in 3rd set and it still wasn't enough :(
Disgusting GOATree appeared
Must be hard for you to lose to someone who got bagelled by Cloren and managed to wreak havoc at the Olympics. :spit:

·
Registered
4,768 Posts

I have always thought Lazar whould have lost after that first set.

His first serve is PEAK-ing! :worship:

·
Super Moderator
7,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #111

Another Serb at an USO final ;)

Good job both of you guys :worship:

Final is BO5 mates

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts

Nice match lazar., you played really well.

To be honest I was a bit gutted about losing the second set after holding so easily all the way through (total contrast to set 1 where I had to save break points and even set points to reach the tiebreak). In hindsight I needed to win the match in straight sets as I just couldn't sustain the intensity in set 3.

So this means the final showdown will be a repeat of Wimbledon, #1azar. vs. BOATree, and I believe the latter will take back the #1 ranking if he wins it.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts

Sorry about that @lazar. :lol: I was trying to see what it was like to try and play normally with these Simulation/Fair settings for the first time here against (imo) a decent opponent. I felt like it was harder to attack with those settings compared to Realistic/Elite settings (which I'm more used to). Anyway you can probably do better than this if you tried a bit more. You're not as bad as that scoreline says. Nice defence on the baseline, and you're still improving. All the best :yeah:

·
Registered
4,559 Posts

The WTA would be proud of this tournament and its scorelines.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts

How much juice did @BroTree123 take before the final? @Ichbinmüde please do investigate.
Begone you disgusting butthurt hater :mad: :no: Mods, please investigate on this doping allegation and have his account and internet banned please :eek: :facepalm:

·
Registered
2,535 Posts

Thanks to @Silverbullet96 for filling me in on the right stats and sorry to @Khronos, but i had to post this result, as i'm very happy with my improvement. I only wish i would have known this from the start. Do you want to consider this as a league match? if not i can delete it.

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts

This absolutely was not a league match. I was just messing around on a surface I've not played on before. :hysteric:

That said I'm more than happy to play you in a league match. PM me and we can sort out a time.

101 - 120 of 131 Posts