Mens Tennis Forums banner

81 - 100 of 131 Posts

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
Re: MTF Tennis Elbow US Open - Deadline Thursday 12 pm GMT

Congrats to my opponent with the victory.

I hereby announce my retirement from this dumb game.

External factors x1000. This game is retarded.

·
Banned
6,795 Posts

That wouldn't change the results and that changing the side of the court was abysmal...

lol you actually took a photo of your screen

Do you not have screenshots over there?

·
Banned
6,795 Posts

My favorite quote so far:

acacacacademy said:
dial up internet is the Tennis Elbow Serbs' equivalent of Djokovic's egg

·
Banned
6,795 Posts

·
Registered
19,164 Posts

Laggy against ProudSerb, but I live to fight another day I suppose.

·
Registered
4,769 Posts

TankTree at his best! But high quality were all his points in rallies with more than 10 shots, plus one my point when I got nice dropshot. Ultra laggy match, because of our locations, but I am happy that I have learned what should I change in my game. I know when I pressed the left arrow, ball went like for the homerun, cause: lags; then we managed to play and when it was the most important, he raised his game and vulturing his way to the triumph and deserved QF.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts

What the... the stats differ in our respective screenshots :lol:

·
Super Moderator
7,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #90

Congrats to my opponent with the victory.

I hereby announce my retirement from this dumb game.

External factors x1000. This game is retarded.
I'll guarantee you a win next weekend if you're up to play

·
Super Moderator
7,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #91

These are the matches I'm gonna remember....

Was 1-5 twice behind and achieved to make some GOAT sets at the end. Still a little bit disillusioned that I couldn't give anything more in the third set, as I didn't have much gas anymore left then. Would have been another incredible shot-making and GOAT match, we've played so many 30+-shots-rallies, incredible. :lol:
And it was hotter than hell here where I'm living so I even began to sweat after the first set.

Still exhausted and not up to write a post match analysis now. Probably later on if @Khronos came back home. All I can say now it was extremely physically demanding for myself as he was really goating and played the best match against me. Was pretty tough to come back after being two breaks down, saved me into the breaker and played some clutch tennis. I was too risky then in the third set, committed too many UEs and Khronos could maintain his high level. Me not. Therefore the bagel at the end.

But still, totally worth, just take a look at the insane stats :haha:

·
Banned
6,795 Posts

I'll guarantee you a win next weekend if you're up to play
Okay I'll give it one more go. I have a new secret strategy that academy got a taste of :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
These are the matches I'm gonna remember....

Was 1-5 twice behind and achieved to make some GOAT sets at the end. Still a little bit disillusioned that I couldn't give anything more in the third set, as I didn't have much gas anymore left then. Would have been another incredible shot-making and GOAT match, we've played so many 30+-shots-rallies, incredible. :lol:
And it was hotter than hell here where I'm living so I even began to sweat after the first set.

Still exhausted and not up to write a post match analysis now. Probably later on if @Khronos came back home. All I can say now it was extremely physically demanding for myself as he was really goating and played the best match against me. Was pretty tough to come back after being two breaks down, saved me into the breaker and played some clutch tennis. I was too risky then in the third set, committed too many UEs and Khronos could maintain his high level. Me not. Therefore the bagel at the end.

But still, totally worth, just take a look at the insane stats :haha:

Great match mate. :yeah:

My thoughts/recollection:

I found myself up a double break in both of the first two sets; Andreas recovered one break in set 1 and both breaks in set 2. He then had two set points at 6-5* second set which I saved and forced a tiebreak. I saved another set point at 6-4 in the tiebreak, but he finally converted on the fourth set point. (These last 5-10 minutes of set 2 were really intense mentally, we were both fighting for every point.)

Set 3 I just battened down the hatches and gave him nothing (many fewer errors than in set 1 + 2). Got the early break and ran away with it; he was too tired to launch another comeback.

Certainly the best match we've played together. I thought his backhand DTL (with which he hit something like 30 winners I believe) and returning of all out-wide serves (I only managed 1 such ace, most of the time it was landing back at my feet) were some particularly remarkable aspects of his game.

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
Re: MTF Tennis Elbow US Open - Quarterfinals

Unfortunately after my R1 match I stepped on a Lego, leaving me completely debilitated and unable to compete. As such, I have to give my opponent a w.o.

I wish Khronos the best of luck in the SF.

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts

Unfortunately after my R1 match I stepped on a Lego, leaving me completely debilitated and unable to compete. As such, I have to give my opponent a w.o.

I wish Khronos the best of luck in the SF.
No Krozure quarter-final is bad for the game. :( Please buy yourself some slippers and get well soon. ;)

·
Super Moderator
7,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #99

Azurerer :facepalm:

·
Registered
8,299 Posts

Another high quality match. Looks like opponents always play 150% vs me :facepalm: :mad:
@Silverbullet96 started badly and broke himself. Barely played good point before 5*-3 and then he had BPs, though i was pretty clutch. But he was easily better player till 3rd set. He gifted me break in 2nd set, but broke back. Then SB won very important long rally in TB on 2*-4 and kinda sealed 2nd set. Broke himself again in 3rd set and i was clutch in last few games.
Good win for me, but SF will be tougher than F imho and i have to play at 150% myself to beat BOATree.

81 - 100 of 131 Posts