• Carpet

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
121 - 140 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Re: MTF Tennis Elbow Tokyo on clay! - QFs

Ok mates, i'm done playing on fair mode just none of my shots work on it for some reason. So have fun on these conditions, where you can't hit a single winner, ace or return.

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts

High quality match this. I feel like I've at last figured out how to play on clay.

Re tactics, I was trying to avoid longer rallies, so I was going for full power 1st serves the whole match. Bearing that in mind 70% is a very good percentage. Most of my winners came from 1-2 punches set up by the serve. As a result I won 79% of points on my first serve, compared with 18% (!) last time we met on clay.

The first set I only really had a look in one of his service games, the one where I broke. Most of my games were routine, except the last one where I had to save two break-back points.

Set 2 started off really competitive, lots of opportunities for us on each other's serves, i.e. 0-30s, 15-30s. Then I managed to hold after actually saving BPs (albeit - thanks to a lucky netcord - it must be said) which shifted the momentum a little bit in my favour. I got the one break and started feeling confident, allowing me to test the limits of my game and really blast winners every which way to secure a second break. In the final game he put up a good fight but it was obvious the deficit was too much and he lost that game too.

Added bonus for me in this win: I reached 2000 ELO for the first time. :rocker2:

·
Super Moderator
7,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #130 (Edited)

Forgot to post my thesis on the match yesternight.

Here it is:

Good quality match I had against @Tennis4Lyf half an hour ago. First of all the German DC teammates had to talk a lot of stuff about the upcoming prestigious tournament at the end of the season. We explored options how to defeat these muggy Antarcticans in the Semis in the light of these awful lags due to their bush internet and then a master plan to defeat the BRIT ****S in the finals. After all this strategic talking, one might think that the apparently inferior looking dc teammate bent over to the superior one. This is of course totally wrong, just like the conspiracy theory that I rigged the draw to my benefit and @acacacacademy getting draws from hell. Everything wrong, disgusting Western media telling lies and so on. You know.

In medias res, our match was pretty diverting and tiresome at once. First I was once again kinda nervous, didn't know what to expect from my fellow mate. However, this didn't prevent me of serving aces right on the line almost the whole first set long. Servebotting like there's no tomorrow and Tennis4Lyf winning a point each game tho thanks to one GOAT-return. We had the ball rallies at his service games, which were a lot more entertaining and one went even deuce like seven times. There are whole tennis matches which took less time. Simply because one was too stupid to hit ordinary returns facing bps and the other too unclutch to close his service games. Good thing that we didn't record that. Nevertheless don't think that two clowns have played tonight, a few awesome rallies were part of this match too. In the first set especially me winning these longer ones, while he got used to these long clay mug-rallies and hold even the upper hand at these rallies in the second set.

So Tennis4Lyf saved most of his bps with an ace, but just like at my match against Arsenalex my opponent suddenly lost the thread at *4-5 and I had a quick 0-30, close to clinch the set. After two great serves and a fh shank, I hilariously started to hit proper returns and clutch baseline tennis to wrap the first set up. Hard work that was. So hard that I immediately went 0-40 down at the first service game of the 2nd set. Was two times lucky, but Tennis4Lyf converted the third breakpoint to take the lead in the 2nd and hold his service game. Struggled a lot in the second set, not gonna lie and Tennis4Lyf knew how to return my serves now. Didn't have many free points and long ball rallies decided the points. However, I gained control and broke him in the middle of the 2nd set. Just like the Australian the round before he was serving to stay in the match and saved miraculously match points which I was sure to win. Another déjà-vu was my breaker which was a carbon copy of my match against the Australian until I choked three match points away. KAndy-like :facepalm:

The breaker began to be really GOAT-like. Awesome rallies followed close upon silly UEs and at the end once again I was lucky enough to get through and win it in two. Still didn't lose a set :cheerleader:

Ofc, Tennis4Lyf had set points here and he could call them as success like a certain fanbase here does. So who's better according to IBM Slamtracker? A rematch needs to happen to ultimately find out who's the bigger mug out of these two. I'd say both are great, but Tennis4Lyf a bit better on clay whereas Arsenalex will be more successful on grass I reckon.

Still, you could truly say here that Tennis lost.

Stats:

·
Registered
4,688 Posts

The score is a bit too harsh for him. He's not bad at all. I had a lucky netcord to get the first break and then just ran with it.
Good luck in the following tournaments :yeah:

·
Super Moderator
7,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #135

The score is a bit too harsh for him. He's not bad at all. I had a lucky netcord to get the first break and then just ran with it.
Good luck in the following tournaments :yeah:
As my stats got miraculously sabotaged, we decided to play another match. Lost 2-6 and 1-6

Here the stats:

Outstanding performance by @meninosantos . Was a pleasure to play you :worship:

·
Registered
10,560 Posts

@Ichbinmüde no doubt you play 500% against me and servebot only to lost in the next round. #weakera. :facepalm:
@meninosantos Thanks for saving the humanity, animal kingdom and the parasite world. :worship:

·
Registered
19,164 Posts

Meninosantos deserves the title for his services to humanity. In fact, by humiliating that disgusting piece of shit that is KingEPOer alone, he should be handed the title by default but alas life isn't fair.

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts

Would you be free tonight 6pm/6.30pm @meninosantos? I'm going out at 8pm so the final needs to be done by then, or we could play tomorrow of course. Let me know.

121 - 140 of 165 Posts