Mens Tennis Forums banner

On which surface shall the MTF TieBreak Masters be played on?

• Carpet

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • Indoor HC

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Nooby Outdoor HC (not again...)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Others (Clay, Cement, Cow dung, ....)

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 157 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
You all wished it, you'll all have that:

Expecting meltdowns but PopCon ain't delivering? Then you're right here! :yeah:

First of all some basic rules:

1. First and most important rule is that everyone can join! (aka First TE Amendment)

2. A random draw will be made after that the deadline to commit this tournament ends. You can commit afterwards as LE (i.e. Late Entry) possibly, but it can't be guaranteed. You can play your matches as soon as the draw comes out.

3. You have to talk with your opponent to find the best time for both of you to play the match. You can chat here to find a pleasant date or talk personally per pm. Make sure to clear with your partner who's gonna host etc.

Besides I've just created a Discord-server you can join. It could help to arrange your match better than on mtf. Link is the following:
https://discord.gg/xvsFDA3

Please try to register there with your mtf nick if you want to join the server, otherwise I'll kick you out of it. All the banter belongs here ofc, these threads should remain as the main platform of MTF TE.

4. As there won't be many TE tournaments like it used to be, we're in no hurry. However, you will be kindly reminded to play your match within three days.
Organisers shall decide a winner if a match takes too long to take place. Simple rule: Who's more active in the thread, shall advance if his/her opponent doesn't respond.

5. No time for a match, although you joined? No problem, just hand a w/o and announce it here. Your opponent advances to the next round.

6. We play the MTF Tennis Elbow TieBreak Masters, you'll decide which surface we take for that. Format is Best-Of-Three TieBreak Sets, Realistic Mode. To host only TieBreak sets, follow these quick steps:

First, go to misc options right below, it's the fifth circle with cogs on it:

You set 'Games per sets' to zero like down here:

Done? Then just host it in BO3-format like usually

See? That easy.

7. The hoster has to choose the option 'Simulation controls' under the setting 'controls'. We play with Ball preview on plus Danger zone, aiming off and Tiredness on.

8. To maximise the joy of this game it is recommended to use Hamachi Free to have lag-free matches resp. to be even able to host matches.

9. Once you have finished the match, make sure someone posts the scoreline in this thread. Unfortunately many image hosters delete uploaded pics after a while, unless you screenshot your stats with gyazo. However, it's nice to let others take a glimpse at your match stats for the banter.

10. If you've finished your match and you're waiting for your opponent who's got to play his match, but you still want to play against fellow MTFers, just feel free to play 'MTF TE League Matches'. Just play a friendly match with anyone from here and post the stats.

Have fun and don't take it seriously.

After reading the MTF TEn Commandments carefully, we're gonna play the TieBreak-Masters on top of last years tournaments, so MTF TE rankings points will start to drop of next year on.

Entry deadline is Friday, 7th of December 5 pm GMT, draw will be made by then

·
Super Moderator
7,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Re: MTF Tennis Elbow TieBreak Masters - You decide which surface we play on

Blast from the past

Past Draws

Aye, worth a look mate.

===

Current Rankings

Player of the week: Surging by seven spots and reaching top 10 for the first time ever, congrats @Darth Revan . New Top Tenvan to peak from now on.

Congrats to other improving mugs.

·
Super Moderator
7,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

Point Distribution

===

Current draw

·
Super Moderator
7,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

MTF TE League

Quite simple, you can play a match against a fellow MTF member with any settings and on any surface you're up to. It won't be awarded with MTF TE Ranking points, but the player with the most wins until the 23rd of December will win 10 Euros (another paypal-gate incoming?). It works in a league-format. Current league standings (from Nov 2016):

To avoid confusion please make clear it's a league match, when you post the scores. Matches will count in their respective H2Hs, as soon will follow a special stats thread. The league's name could soon be changed btw, just telling that in advance. Stay tuned!

The first four with minimum 4 victories will play it out at the MTF TE [Insert Sponsors name] League Final Four few days before Christmas.

·
Registered
4,798 Posts
WOAT photoshop skills by GLENN.... In, I suggest Indoor Hard (Parisiene one)

·
Super Moderator
7,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: MTF Tennis Elbow TieBreak Masters - You decide which surface we play on - DL: Fri

WOAT photoshop skills by GLENN.... In, I suggest Indoor Hard (Parisiene one)
It was actually me :lol:

·
The special one
13,884 Posts
Re: MTF Tennis Elbow TieBreak Masters - You decide which surface we play on - DL: Fri

In of course, I've recovered from my slight injury and should operate at 100% for this.

Voted indoor HC.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts

MTF TE League

Quite simple, you can play a match against a fellow MTF member with any settings and on any surface you're up to. It won't be awarded with MTF TE Ranking points, but the player with the most wins until the 23rd of December will win 10 Euros (another paypal-gate incoming?). It works in a league-format. Current league standings (from Nov 2016):

To avoid confusion please make clear it's a league match, when you post the scores. Matches will count in their respective H2Hs, as soon will follow a special stats thread. The league's name could soon be changed btw, just telling that in advance. Stay tuned!

The first four with minimum 4 victories will play it out at the MTF TE [Insert Sponsors name] League Final Four few days before Christmas.
Excuse me, which three matches have you counted for the league? :lol: I am 1-1 with knees and enlightened iirc, if you are going to count the Jamvol one, count the Cloren one as well :p

·
Registered
1,729 Posts

also, in as new top 10 member :hearts: I am going to be the Goerges/Kirilenko of the bunch :inlove:

·
Super Moderator
7,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Excuse me, which three matches have you counted for the league? :lol: I am 1-1 with knees and enlightened iirc, if you are going to count the Jamvol one, count the Cloren one as well :p
Excuse me, I've beat Cloren as well.
Gimme the scores for the Cloren matches please and it'll get added

·
Registered
1,729 Posts

I defeated @Cloren also 7-6, but we never technically agreed that it's a league match :lol: I beat enlightened 20 that one times, and lost to knees 20 as well, those two are technically the only league matches I have played

·
Registered
21,078 Posts

I defeated @Cloren also 7-6, but we never technically agreed that it's a league match :lol: I beat enlightened 20 that one times, and lost to knees 20 as well, those two are technically the only league matches I have played
Since according to GLENN I’m the biggest nicebot ever, I’m going let you count that as a league match.

1 - 20 of 157 Posts