Mens Tennis Forums banner

121 - 140 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
10,380 Posts
Re: MTF Tennis Elbow Shanghai Hugo Boss Masters - Quarterfinals

Unexpectedly epic match, which felt like it was going to be a completely one-sided beatdown after the first set. He had BPs in almost all of my service games in the second set, but failed to convert most of them. One lousy game from him and I was back in it. Then I saved 5 match points when serving at 5*-6, and somehow won the TB despite being down a minibreak.

He went up 2-0 in the third set, but played a bad service game to let me back in. We both held serve after that until 5-5, when I played a rotten service game and he took the match.

Much more fun than our previous match, where I only won about 4 points on return.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts

Nadalsknees def Acacacacademy 6-1 6-7 7-5

Mugfest of epic proportions right here folks. The first set went very straightforward. There was not much power on his strokes, so i managed to easily break a couple of times and hold my own serve games. The second set went even and he started to put more variation on the serve, which troubled me till 4-3 on his serve when i managed to break and serve for the match. He broke me back when i played a sloppy serve game and the second set went to a tiebreak, eventually where i showed the true dutch in me. Losing like 5 match points in the process and playing like Haase, he managed to break me and win the set. The third set i was already thinking that i might lose another match. I think i got another break and he broke right back, when it started to get hopeless. But then i came up with a couple of risky miracle points and managed to break at 5-5. For the last two points i was pretty nervous and decided to try different serve positions and it worked, while i sealed the match. Hopefully this is a wake up call for me against boatree. We will see what's going on.

·
Registered
10,560 Posts

:facepalm:

Mugren fluked a win when I was half asleep. Running down balls and never getting tired in a clay court match, taking 95 seconds before serving during BP and linesmen calling the ball "in" on serve when that was not even closer to the doubles line. Also the sponsors spelt my name as Tennish4Lyf during the annoucement. No respect at all. Worst match ever. My fans wanted their money refunded.
@Nadalsknees and @acacacacademy :worship: What a match. 110 winners in a 3 set match with a breadstick. GOAT QF.

·
Registered
4,559 Posts

@Ichbinmüde

League match between me and @Tennis4Lyf

1/22 bps conversion, well done!!!
I bet the BPs were earned with his superior all court game, only to be swatted away by your nauseating botting.

I wonder if he did what I always do, earn BPs returning on the right and then blow them returning on the left. Just not as comfortable on that side.

·
Registered
10,560 Posts

I bet the BPs were earned with his superior all court game, only to be swatted away by your nauseating botting.

I wonder if he did what I always do, earn BPs returning on the right and then blow them returning on the left. Just not as comfortable on that side.
GOAT analysis on the dot. All BPS earned on the right to be thrown away on the left. :worship:

#azure4TEPresident

·
Administrator
18,199 Posts

GOAT analysis on the dot. All BPS earned on the right to be thrown away on the left. :worship:

#azure4TEPresident
Yeah left side always seems harder to return and easier to serve :lol:

But then there's always that 0-40 which gets away..

·
Super Moderator
7,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #129

Sorry lads, been busy the whole week thanks to mugversity/work/private 'life'/whatsoever :sad:

Unfortunately we have to call off Basel/Vienna but they were irrelevant anyway
@BroTree123 vs @Nadalsknees you know what to do :yeah:

·
Registered
21,063 Posts

:facepalm:

Mugren fluked a win when I was half asleep. Running down balls and never getting tired in a clay court match, taking 95 seconds before serving during BP and linesmen calling the ball "in" on serve when that was not even closer to the doubles line. Also the sponsors spelt my name as Tennish4Lyf during the annoucement. No respect at all. Worst match ever. My fans wanted their money refunded.

@Nadalsknees and @acacacacademy :worship: What a match. 110 winners in a 3 set match with a breadstick. GOAT QF.
Stay pressed hater in ruins

:bigwave:

·
Super Moderator
7,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #131

This thread is dead without @Stan del Potro and me I reckon :sad: :lol:

·
Registered
19,164 Posts

I can play if you want to atm. @BroTree123
After the conclusion of the sets being played currently in Vienna/Basel? I'll be here. Keep me posted.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts

You best set up a hamachi, i remember the lag being unbearable the first time we played. So create a network id and password and i join you shortly.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts

You best set up a hamachi, i remember the lag being unbearable the first time we played. So create a network id and password and i join you shortly.
When the set in Vienna/Basel has finished, I'll be ready.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts

And when is that exactly lol? :laugh2:
Just watch the Vienna SF until it's over :wink2:

·
Registered
19,164 Posts

@Nadalsknees Join me on Hamachi in the meantime and we'll chat there. Network ID: nadals, PW: knees.

·
Super Moderator
7,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #140

@acacacacademy

I left u a message last night on Hamachi , did you not receive it ?

I"m giving a w/o

so you can play Nadalsknees 2morrow if you are not busy

poor thing we left him hanging for almost a week LOL
Player of the month: KingSlayer

121 - 140 of 175 Posts