Mens Tennis Forums banner

161 - 180 of 198 Posts

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
Re: MTF Tennis Elbow Rotterdam - 2nd Round/Quarterfinals

:haha: I would not be surprised if they wanted SdP as their opponent.

Nadalsknees and enlightenedth. :hatoff: What a match, based on stats at least. :hatoff:
Off topic, but I hear you've improved quite a bit since last we met. We need to have another match soon mate.

·
Super Moderator
7,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #162
Re: MTF Tennis Elbow Rotterdam - Join until Sunday 12th Feb 11am GMT

Sorry, I tried this a few months ago and found an awful game. :p
But i've to say the gameplay really impressed me. Also good to have so many players and tournaments. Most of the tennis videogames are very limited on that.
:confused:

·
Banned
1,391 Posts
Re: MTF Tennis Elbow Rotterdam - Quarterfinals

Nadalsknees def. enlightenedth 4-6 6-4 7-6(4)

What a great match, a lot of long rallies, today my defensive play was tested really hard.
First set, I started with a break and held until the end. (I saved a 0-40 situation in the process).
2nd set went to *4-5 and I lost my serve trying to stay in the set.
In the final set, I had the single break opportunity but I missed it with a forced forehand error. In the TB, he started with a DF, but from *2-0 I lost 4 points in a row and then he won all his service points. I saved the first MP but it is all I could do.

Great first tournament for me, looking forward to the next one. (Hopefully I buy the game so we avoid stupid situations).
Sad day for tennis elbow, Cheatknees again with awful internet connection :smash: He is good guy I think but so bad internet connection. Good we have him so other real vultures lose here or lose earlier with puprose to save H2H.

·
Banned
1,391 Posts
Re: MTF Tennis Elbow Rotterdam - First Round/2nd Round

My first win! :woohoo:
First set was actually quite close in each game, most going to deuce, but there were no breaks. I felt like I blew it in the 1st set as I had the mini-break, but lost the set.
In the second and third set, he made more mistakes while I was pushing most of the sets :lol:, but games were still close, so the close of the last two sets doesn't really show the reality of the tightly-contested match.
Jon forgot to say that I hit the best peak goat shot ever in TE history in first game. I lobbed return very short after 2nd serve and it touched netcord and fell then behind net. Nothing he could do, I was so happy that I forgot to play tennis elbow then, therefore loss.

·
Registered
10,560 Posts

Off topic, but I hear you've improved quite a bit since last we met. We need to have another match soon mate.
I am a servebot in its finest meaning! If I miss my first serve consider you won the point. My returns are as good as the training center "club" level AI's first shot. :haha: The last time I won more than 1 game in a set in a TE tournament was against you :spit: Drawrigmüde can help us play an official match. ;) I think you have somewhere around 1600 ELO I would be eaten alive. :p

2017 scoreline proudly presents.
1/6 0/6 1/6 1/6 1/6 :cool:

·
Banned
1,391 Posts

I am a servebot in its finest meaning! If I miss my first serve consider you won the point. My returns are as good as the training center "club" level AI's first shot. :haha: The last time I won more than 1 game in a set in a TE tournament was against you :spit: Drawrigmüde can help us play an official match. ;) I think you have somewhere around 1600 ELO I would be eaten alive. :p

You need a match against me so your confidence is back :haha:

·
Registered
8,386 Posts

My ELO is inflated from always playing in my favourite conditions (fair mode/green clay) and beating people in b2 only 'talent matches'. Can you play tonight/weekend?

·
Registered
21,071 Posts

My ELO is inflated from always playing in my favourite conditions (fair mode/green clay) and beating people in b2 only 'talent matches'. Can you play tonight/weekend?
Don't forget the fact that you played GLENN like 45 times already

·
Registered
259 Posts
Re: MTF Tennis Elbow Rotterdam - Quarterfinals

Sad day for tennis elbow, Cheatknees again with awful internet connection :smash: He is good guy I think but so bad internet connection. Good we have him so other real vultures lose here or lose earlier with puprose to save H2H.
Who lost to save H2H against knees? :surprise:

·
Registered
10,380 Posts
Re: MTF Tennis Elbow Rotterdam - Quarterfinals/Semifinals

Sorry, I won't have time to play any TE until Tuesday.

I will give him a walkover and make him the luckiest lucky loser in this game's history :worship:

·
The special one
13,867 Posts

I am a servebot in its finest meaning! If I miss my first serve consider you won the point. My returns are as good as the training center "club" level AI's first shot. :haha:
I'm exactly the same, great first serve but shit second serve, my average is around 140kmh :facepalm:
My ELO is inflated from always playing in my favourite conditions (fair mode/green clay) and beating people in b2 only 'talent matches'.
I played my first match on green clay yesterday and I absolutely hate it. I can't hit any aces on it at all, which for a serve bot is doom.

·
Registered
18,092 Posts

What a turn of events. @Mark Lenders probably wishes he'd tanked now. :lol:
Never, I'm too honorable to tank ;)

Disgusting rigging from @Ichbinmüde to get to the semis :facepalm: GLENN needs to start making the draws instead.

·
Registered
8,386 Posts

I'm exactly the same, great first serve but shit second serve, my average is around 140kmh :facepalm:

I played my first match on green clay yesterday and I absolutely hate it. I can't hit any aces on it at all, which for a serve bot is doom.
Precisely why I play on it since my ROS is garbage :lol:.

·
Super Moderator
7,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #180

Tough match against a player from #NextGen :yeah:

Expected a beatdown here from @acacacacademy tbh, but Unforced Error was a very great opponent. Unfortuantely really unlucky on crunch time, was lucky with a few shots. Especially a Nadalesque running bh cross passing shot to get the breakball at 5 all and break him then, in 2nd set an incredible close bh dtl miss on another bp. So I could serve it out then in the 2nd, really disgusting #NextGen-spacefilling, but what else is new? :shrug:

However, a splendid match after all.

Looking forward to the SFs against @Khronos :yeah:

161 - 180 of 198 Posts