Mens Tennis Forums banner

141 - 160 of 198 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #143 (Edited)
Re: MTF Tennis Elbow Rotterdam - Join until Sunday 12th Feb 11am GMT

Lost 1-6 to @Cloren today; 0-6 and 1-6 to @Ichbinmüde and 0-6 to @Jamvol . Beat yesterday the last :sad:

So I'm GOAT, but not today. If I lose in Rotterdam, then because of bad day form. And only that
Wasn't your day it seems Stan del RotterdamGoatro

Unfortunate loss for @Federer-Fan as he was the favorite at this match. Was unbeaten and had probably a tough day, that's the only reason for his loss. Pretty lucky to escape from this hell of a task. Great rallies, good shotmaking. Easily best match of today. Stadium was full, for a reason.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Re: MTF Tennis Elbow Rotterdam - 2nd Round/Quarterfinals

Closer match than the scoreline suggests. His serve was all over the place today, which made the difference.

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts

Khronos def. Arsenalex 6-2 6-3

Yay, the connection behaved and we managed to play a full match this time! :D

The service games Arsenalex won he played really well, big first serves, powerful CC and DTL forehands. The only problem was sustaining that level throughout, as he had a couple of shaky service games in each set which I took advantage of.

As you can see from the stats, he was playing totally from the baseline, whereas I was coming forward a lot (practicing the old serve and volley, it might come in useful in later rounds ;)), so a nice contrast of tennis styles. Overall a very fun match!

·
Super Moderator
7,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #147

Khronos def. Arsenalex 6-2 6-3

Yay, the connection behaved and we managed to play a full match this time! :D

The service games Arsenalex won he played really well, big first serves, powerful CC and DTL forehands. The only problem was sustaining that level throughout, as he had a couple of shaky service games in each set which I took advantage of.

As you can see from the stats, he was playing totally from the baseline, whereas I was coming forward a lot (practicing the old serve and volley, it might come in useful in later rounds ;)), so a nice contrast of tennis styles. Overall a very fun match!
Lost the match, but still won 5 ELO :sport:

·
Registered
10,560 Posts

I am very sure @Arsenalex is in the same level as me with lesser matches and practice under his belt, seeing from the stats. My positioning and returns are defintely heading to "Hall of Shame" level. :lol:
@Stan del Potro :spit: :haha: You wanted to meet enlightenedth in the finals after "taking out the trash" :worship:

@Ichbinmüde :facepalm: cakewalk draw and playing inexperienced newbies, stealing ELO from them. :mad: :no:

·
Super Moderator
7,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #150

Just realized I received some vcredits from a certain user to rig him the draw next time :spit:

·
Registered
23 Posts

I'll be available to play in a couple of hours. Sorry I wasn't reading the thread I thought my tourney was over. Thanks for tagging me on FB. :)

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts

Khronos def. Jon. 6-3 6-3

I should say (confess) first, I told him before the match I would try to record it, which I think might have put a bit of added pressure on him. Sorry. :p

The match was mostly a serving contest, lots of aces, big serve + winners, as matches on this surface tend to be. I broke him twice in the first set and once in the second set. All of his break points came in the second set (a 30-40 opportunity in one game, and 0-40 in another) while the score was still even. I saved all of them with the help of big first serves, so he didn’t have any real chances to convert.

The level of play was decent, although I don’t think either of us was at 100%… Even so there were a lot of really entertaining points (I might do some highlights if I get time). :yeah:

EDIT: Didn't have time to do highlights, but here's the full match in case anyone is interested:

·
Super Moderator
7,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #154

I should say (confess) first, I told him before the match I would try to record it, which I think might have put a bit of added pressure on him. Sorry. :p

The match was mostly a serving contest, lots of aces, big serve + winners, as matches on this surface tend to be. I broke him twice in the first set and once in the second set. All of his break points came in the second set (a 30-40 opportunity in one game, and 0-40 in another) while the score was still even. I saved all of them with big first serves, so he didn’t have any real chances to convert.

The level of play was decent, although I don’t think either of us was at 100%… Even so there were a lot of really entertaining points (I might do some highlights if I get time). :yeah:
The Khronos express without further stop :yeah:

·
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
499 Posts

It's okay :rolls: I didn't really embarrass myself, so it's all good :lol:

I felt I played pretty good on serve, but played 1st set horrendously on return. I improved in the 2nd set, unfortunately the score didn't :rolls:

·
Registered
8,823 Posts
Re: MTF Tennis Elbow Rotterdam - Quarterfinals

Nadalsknees def. enlightenedth 4-6 6-4 7-6(4)

What a great match, a lot of long rallies, today my defensive play was tested really hard.
First set, I started with a break and held until the end. (I saved a 0-40 situation in the process).
2nd set went to *4-5 and I lost my serve trying to stay in the set.
In the final set, I had the single break opportunity but I missed it with a forced forehand error. In the TB, he started with a DF, but from *2-0 I lost 4 points in a row and then he won all his service points. I saved the first MP but it is all I could do.

Great first tournament for me, looking forward to the next one. (Hopefully I buy the game so we avoid stupid situations).

·
Registered
2,535 Posts

Probably the greatest victory i had in my MTF Tennis elbow career. First of all he's a really good player, which i expected from his victory over Lazar and very strong mentally especially on serve. But i must say i got very lucky in the end, so we both deserved to win. Maybe i add more later, but i am pretty tired from that battle to be honest. Anyway it's good to have another competitive player. :yeah:

·
Registered
2,535 Posts

Forgot to admit, we first both tried playing the trial version but the time limit was too tough to handle. So we overplayed a lot. :lol:

·
Registered
10,560 Posts

Just realized I received some vcredits from a certain user to rig him the draw next time :spit:
:haha: I would not be surprised if they wanted SdP as their opponent.

Nadalsknees and enlightenedth. :hatoff: What a match, based on stats at least. :hatoff:

141 - 160 of 198 Posts