Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 198 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Welcome to the MTF Tennis Elbow Rotterdam tournament!

A few simple rules:

1. First and most important rule is that everyone can join!

2. After deadline's over a random draw will be generated

3. You have to talk with your opponent and find the best time for both of you to play the match. You can chat here to find it or talk personally, furthermore to talk about who should host the game and much more.

4. There's a set deadline of 72 hours to play your match. If this deadline is not met, then the players must decide who will withdraw. If no player offers to withdraw then the more active one will go through. If neither player is cooperative/active then the winner will be chosen at random. If a player can give a valid reason for inability to play in the given time and can play lots of matches afterwards (and inform the manager ahead of time) then they might be given an extension.

5. If you can't find time to play tennis elbow then just announce it here. Your opponent wins by walkover. The same vice versa.

6. We play the MTF TE Rotterdam, that means surface is Indoor Hard. Format is Best-Of-Three, here a screenshot of the settings:

7. If you host you have to choose under the setting 'controls' the option 'Simulation controls'. We play with Ball preview on plus Danger zone, aiming off. Tiredness on and Realistic Mode, that's important.

At the end the hosting-settings should look like in the screenshot below:

8. To maximise the joy of this game it is recommended to utilise Hamachi Free to have lag-free matches resp. to avoid lags.

9. Make a screenshot of the result and post it here in the thread.

Deadline is next Sunday 11am GMT - Draw ceremony will be around that time

·
Super Moderator
7,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Re: MTF Tennis Elbow Rotterdam - Join the fun!

Rankings

As from now on walkovers will count as wins/losses and unfortunately a user begged me to remove him from the rankings. This list helps to determine seeding at tournaments.

Players of the week: @lazar. , @The Ivan and @Diadochi

Race To London

·
Super Moderator
7,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

Current draw:

Participants:

Previous draws

Brisbane:

Australian Open:

Queen's:

Wimbledon:

Washington:

Olympics:

US Open:

St. Petersburg:

Tokyo:

Shanghai:

Paris Masters

World Tour Finals:

Mugs Tour Finals:

·
Administrator
18,200 Posts

My TE coach informed me 6 month breaks are the best preparation for fairytale slam runs. See you all at Wimbledon, where of course I am not the favourite in any matches and just winning a match would make me very happy. Hopefully I will be ranked 17th at that point

·
Super Moderator
7,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

My TE coach informed me 6 month breaks are the best preparation for fairytale slam runs. See you all at Wimbledon, where of course I am not the favourite in any matches and just winning a match would make me very happy. Hopefully I will be ranked 17th at that point
Seems like it is @Pepe Imaz

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,393 Posts

Seems like it is @Pepe Imaz
Hmmm just browsing the rankings now.

The No.1 ranked player has one slam and olympics while no.2 player has two slams, a masters and a WTF, not to mention W-L ratio. What is this bullcrap? Disgusting rankings system :no: :mad: @BroTree123 :crying:

·
Super Moderator
7,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Hmmm just browsing the rankings now.

The No.1 ranked player has one slam and olympics while no.2 player has two slams, a masters and a WTF, not to mention W-L ratio. What is this bullcrap? Disgusting rankings system :no: :mad: @BroTree123 :crying:
ATP points distribution system :haha:

Yeah, rankings are far away from being flawless ofc. However, lazar. did every time very well when my amigo @BOATree was winning it all and won the Olympics and AO, when BOAT wasn't around resp. lost surprisingly early. He was 13 weeks in a row #1, mate!

Let the other BOAT be #1 for a couple of weeks as well ;)

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,393 Posts

ATP points distribution system :haha:

Yeah, rankings are far away from being flawless ofc. However, lazar. did every time very well when my amigo @BOATree was winning it all and won the Olympics and AO, when BOAT wasn't around resp. lost surprisingly early. He was 13 weeks in a row #1, mate!

Let the other BOAT be #1 for a couple of weeks as well ;)
even more hilarious, Brotree has 5 titles to lazar's 2 with fewer tournaments contested.

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
Re: MTF Tennis Elbow Rotterdam - Join until Sunday 12th Feb 11am GMT

I cannot participate but I am willing to personally randomize the draw once we have all participants, I want to contribute what I can and I believe this will help the players once again trust the TE powers that be B̶r̶o̶T̶r̶e̶e̶1̶2̶3̶ ̶D̶o̶ ̶R̶e̶ ̶M̶i.

·
Administrator
18,200 Posts

We have:

1 Game Manager
1 Player
3 Withdrawals
1 Person still too scared to play

At this point I might have to play, accept my 90 points for making QF, and give w/o.

·
Registered
10,560 Posts

In.

·
The special one
13,867 Posts

I downloaded this just before AO. Haven't had much time to play much yet. Played a couple of games online and was struggling to even win points :crying:

·
Registered
10,560 Posts

I downloaded this just before AO. Haven't had much time to play much yet. Played a couple of games online and was struggling to even win points :crying:
We have a right opponent for your 1st win. :shrug:

·
The special one
13,867 Posts

We have a right opponent for your 1st win. :shrug:
Not sure I was going to play this one but with the withdrawals might be a good time to start vulturing some points :)

Maybe the draw generator will have me play @Arsenalex and he'll give the walkover. That's if he's still not butthurt about yesterdays football result between Chelsea and Arsenal :p

·
Super Moderator
7,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)

Not sure I was going to play this one but with the withdrawals might be a good time to start vulturing some points :)

Maybe the draw generator will have me play @Arsenalex and he'll give the walkover. That's if he's still not butthurt about yesterdays football result between Chelsea and Arsenal :p
Welcome aboard mate. You and a few other newbies will have a great chance since all the vultures are gone now :p

@Arsenalex : Sure you'll have some time on Sunday to give a walkover to me :lol:

@azure and @Cloren : :bigwave: Afraid of facing some tough competition

@GOAT4Lyf : Hopefully you'll have a deep run here and win your maiden tournament :worship: Tennis4Lyftard detected.

Edit: a sudden 's' appeared in win

·
Registered
21,071 Posts

Actually I changed my mind, I'm in. Thought this tournament was for this week :facepalm:

·
Banned
1,391 Posts

Actually I changed my mind, I'm in. Thought this tournament was for this week :facepalm:
Clown :spit:

I only tanked against @Jamvol and @Phenomenadal yesterday, I didn't want show good tennis. My mission starts here and now. Now all begins. Everything. Begins. Now.

I will start play great tennis and will defeat every for glory. Because aim is to be the best. To be #1

Count me in :yeah:

·
Registered
18,092 Posts

I'm in.

1 - 20 of 198 Posts