Mens Tennis Forums banner

241 - 260 of 267 Posts

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
Re: MTF Tennis Elbow Roland Garros - QFs/SFs

Well, I matchup really bad against him, and had to rely on a lot of errors on his part to get the win. He should've won the 1st set, he had 2 or 3 games with break points, then at 6-5 I hit 2 perfect lobs and was able to close the set. He won the 2nd set easily and then he received a call at 1-1 which probably unfocused him and I was able to go up 5-2, choked, then fortunatelly closed in the tie-break. In the 4th I was a bit more confident and took the oportunities I had from 3-3 or something like that to close out the match. With his GOAT net play, which I can't do anything about, he should be winning more titles on grass.
Way too errors from my part today, but I think I did well on dirt.
Let's start the grass season. :bounce:

·
Registered
21,071 Posts

hmmm. Can I do the draw for Halle/Queens, I'll make sure we get some GOAT matches on grass. And of course I'll organise the kickass after-parties :wink2:

Brilliant. Potentially 4 tournaments on grass, that would be great.

I've been practising my S+V and needed to find myself a decent doubles partner to practise with :wink2:

You can do the Halle Draw. I was already planning to do the Queens draw, I booked myself with IBM on that :p

·
Super Moderator
7,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #245

That's fine, I'll do Halle then. Cloren VS his BFF Tomek in Halle R1 it is :grin2:
You'll get Halle, but next time send me a pm if you want to take a tourney. :yeah:

I'm asking the mtf vulgo now: Shall it be possible to commit at both (Halle & Queen's) tournaments? My honest thoughts: No, you can't be in Halle and London at the same time

·
Registered
1,691 Posts

You'll get Halle, but next time send me a pm if you want to take a tourney. :yeah:

I'm asking the mtf vulgo now: Shall it be possible to commit at both (Halle & Queen's) tournaments? My honest thoughts: No, you can't be in Halle and London at the same time
I think mugs can play both , mugs will be out early anyways

·
Registered
10,560 Posts

·
The special one
13,867 Posts

I don't mind flying across to play Queens after Halle.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Re: MTF Tennis Elbow Roland Garros - Roland Garros final: edKarry vs. Nadalsknees

Unfortunatelly I had some personal drama, so I sometimes delayed the serves, sorry about that. It was pretty competitive, I had some trouble closing it out, there were a lot of long rallies, he never quit the match, but I was just better in some details which happened to be crucial here. Good match man ;)

Proud to be the champion :)

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Re: MTF Tennis Elbow Roland Garros - Roland Garros final: edKarry vs. Nadalsknees

little did we know when guys asked @edKarry " are you a secret goat " that he will turn out to be a GOAT , and dominate the tour , to be honest I thought he will be a mug

edkarry exceeded our expectations and proved himself to be the second best player in the tour after lazyGOAT

congrats CHAMP keep up the nice efforts

now I am concerned about knees , he deleted the game after he lost to enlight. in the IW final if I remember correctly , wondering where is he now

:( hard luck man , you will bounce back and win wim.

·
Registered
10,560 Posts

@edKarry Congrats. This results comes as no surprise given your earlier win against Nadalsknees and also your run to reach him. The tour now has a legit big 4 with lazar, Nadalsknees, enlightenedth and edKarry. Khronos is our Wawrinka who may come out anytime and win a title!
@Nadalsknees :hug: From the little I know him, he hates losing and I may not be surprised if he has deleted the game and is frustrated as hell now. But even during this entire episode he will not forget that he is a champion who does not quit! I am very sure he will back and always trying new things and finding solutions (like he did against InfoKenWay or enlightenedth). So no need to be concerned about our star player. Where will he go when can finish YE #1 by a long mile! ;) The grass season needs you mate.

General comments:

1. First of all, thanks a lot for playing and finishing the matches without further delay and getting it completed almost on time. Kudos to all the players.
2. Sadly, IBM was sick and is still recovering and due to that we had some organizational problems. It was not good that the CloTomekGate had a bitter taste. We want to have fun, play, banter and forget it then and there. I am sorry if @Tomek. felt bad and I was a part of it. But I do not like anyone leaving the tour just like that. We are playing from all our the globe and it happens sometimes that we do not get a common timezone maybe then we can find a way out, one of the prime reasons why we always make draws on Saturday, so that you get 2 weekends to complete the matches. Hopefully, we will find some other solution to avoid this in the future.
3. The grass season is short, but hectic, we need to decide on the tour and your inputs are always welcome. We can have both Halle and Queens during the same week and have different fields or we plays both of them separate but get one week less for Wimbledon. We need to do some good amount of work to get the points dropping thing correct from now on.

That is it from my side. thanks for the awesome clay season. #GrassUponUs :angel:

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
Congrats to edKarry.

Now the question is, who would win the clash of TE gods: BroTree vs. edKarry? I hope BroTree returns someday so we can find out. :drool:

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts

Re rankings, switching to the race rankings now would be the most simple thing to do, wouldn't it? (To be honest it would also be a more accurate reflection of the current pecking order).

·
Registered
8,386 Posts

Sadly I'll probably have to 'retire' until my connection issues sort themselves out again.

A pity because the comedy value is high with me on grass.

·
Super Moderator
7,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #257 (Edited)

Unfortunatelly I had some personal drama, so I sometimes delayed the serves, sorry about that. It was pretty competitive, I had some trouble closing it out, there were a lot of long rallies, he never quit the match, but I was just better in some details which happened to be crucial here. Good match man ;)

Proud to be the champion :)
Unbelievable, but true. You've managed to sweep Rome and Roland Garros and you only lost one set at both tournaments :worship:

Incredible effort you did there mate. Only @enlightenedth managed to win a set off you and managed to defeat you since your debut here. Incredible stuff mate, I'm just out of words to be honest :bowdown:
You had the toughest draw ever to win a tournament beating @Phenomenadal , @Ichbinmüde , @lazar. , enlightenedth , @Nadalsknees . GOAT run.

Unfortunately mate, still no Grand Slam for you, but I'm sure you're gonna win for sure one this year. Keep on the good and hard work, you're already smelling ta Slam trophy. You're a good lad.

Thanks to all the people here who have stay tuned for this very first Roland Garros here. Unfortunately I had for most of the time a bacteria infect to deal with which caused some issues in my body. Sorry for my hiatus, it annoyed me the most :sad:

Thanks to all the ballkids, to all the sponsors here for realizing it and to all the players who showed passion here. My last words on the #Clomek-gate: Amor y paz! :hug:

Awesome clay season mates with a few minor hiccups (just your normal drama or do we want the robotic managames tour? :shrug: ), but after all we've managed to do it all. Thanks to many banterful users who are the essence of this tour: Receiving 6-0, 6-0, 6-0-scores against the topguns to give them self-confidence :worship:

Credits: @Tennis4Lyf

·
Registered
1,691 Posts

yo I need to suggest somethin

can you organize a doubles tourney on grass , with the draw takin the format of Challengers tourney as ofc the number of players will be divided by 2 .. maybe less will commit as well

guys who have a partner can form a team , and who doesn't have a partner can get a random one by THE RANDOM NAMES GENERATOR

·
Super Moderator
7,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #259

yo I need to suggest somethin

can you organize a doubles tourney on grass , with the draw takin the format of Challengers tourney as ofc the number of players will be divided by 2 .. maybe less will commit as well

guys who have a partner can form a team , and who doesn't have a partner can get a random one by THE RANDOM NAMES GENERATOR
But we can't play 2vs2-doubles sadly :( :sad:

241 - 260 of 267 Posts