Mens Tennis Forums banner

221 - 240 of 246 Posts

·
Delicious
3,558 Posts
Re: MTF Tennis Elbow Miami Masters - Quarterfinals/Semifinals + León Challenger

Miami SF: lazar. def Phenomenadal 6-2 6-4

Very exhausting match. I'd like to think it was closer than the scoreline suggests. Many heated baseline exchanges and extended rallies on almost every point. The guy runs around like a rabbit and defends everything. Takes at least 4 coats of paint to put a ball past him, and that's just the defensive side. On the offense he's just as good and you'll find yourself scrambling if you give him a short ball.

First set all and well up to 2-2. I get broken and he takes that break to the bank, even getting another one on the way. Fair play.

Second set lazar is still swinging with momentum. I go down *0-3 and we enter a lengthy deuce. This is the turning point and suddenly I've gained an upper hand. Win the next 4 games to go up 4-3*. He holds and on 4-4 brings it to another deuce. Deuces are the switch. Momentum back to lazar as he breaks and serves out the match.

He played the net well and used it to break out of those endless baseline rallies. Stats are fairly even but those errors really make the difference. I go for a little more against him because you need to be hitting those corners. I'll try to clean that up next time. Looking forward to the big final clash between two titans.

The Miami run for Pnard ends here lads, but his spirits and goals only heighten. The elusive clash with Knees will have to wait another day.

Take care.

·
Super Moderator
7,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #222

And here it ends it all for Miamienadal. First Semifinals of his career, after beating some popular and great players. This run will never be forgotten and this thread should be its testament of it, a testament of that elusive dream this inspirational young blud had of playing a match against Nadalsknees.

·
Registered
10,560 Posts

And here it ends it all for Miamienadal. First Semifinals of his career, after beating some popular and great players. This run will never be forgotten and this thread should be its testament of it, a testament of that elusive dream this inspirational young blud had of playing a match against Nadalsknees.
turns on "Arsenal Fan TV" and goes on a rant, blud, you know, fam. That's what I telling blud, fam.

·
Super Moderator
7,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #224

turns on "Arsenal Fan TV" and goes on a rant, blud, you know, fam. That's what I telling blud, fam.
Yeah, I'm gonna ask some fans on "Phenomenadal Fan TV" and see if they go on rampage as well, fam.

·
Super Moderator
7,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #227

Everything is set up for the big final:

Lazarsknees Number IV today evening. Don't miss that

·
Registered
21,063 Posts

Very tough victory, hard to work really hard. Am I actually playing a challenger??? Had much easier matches in the main tour. :lol:

Connection was pretty decent, but at some points lag did annoyingly interfere, but overall I felt it was really playable, really enjoyed this match. Very evenly throughout, but I really played a great last game and that got me the match, I thought I was gonna lose when he did a Kygrios like 2nd serve to save a mp :lol:

Well played Enqrique, certainly a very deceiving ELO, knew I couldn't underestimate you after the earlier victory ofc, but still so little games and ELO and so good, really unbelievable.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts

Incredible tiresome battle and i'm kinda stunned that i survived it. He had a unplayable start at the beginning, when i played too passive and he went up 4-0 in the first in no time, when it was obvious i had too change tactics. But what could i change against a player that plays like a wall and gets everything back in the lowest of corners? Yea well my tactic was just, to be ultra aggressive and go for risks in every rally and it paid off when i had a come back till 4-4. All that work for nothing, when he still took the set and things were starting to get hopeless for me.

I proceeded with my tactic and noticed he was making more errors, which got me relieved, while i fought even harder to win the last two sets in impressive fashion. I think we had a few breaks and bps, but the match was so intense that i was totally focussed on the ball and not on the analysis i wanted to post later on. In the third i was very confident that i could win, but i just needed a little luck and more consistency and eventually i made it happen. I have to congratulate Lazar, he's an amazing player and fighter who never gives up. Anyway i'm gonna celebrate my maiden masters in Miami, with Tomic and Pnard. Drinks are on me mates. :yeah:

·
Super Moderator
7,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #230

Gentlemen, congratulations on such a graet display of tnnis tonight *cheer*

And we have everyone a chamodous corporation. I thank you for showing us why the Miami Masters is one of the world most exciting videos photos situation *cheer*

Unfortunately only one winner can be crowned tonight, but I believe also you should be proud of sportsmanship and the passion you have shown throughout this year's tournament. *cheer*

I will so thank everyone at mtf tennis elbow, tournament, stuff and volunteers for their hard work. Imagine this year making such a huge success *cheer*

And of course my heart felt thanks go out to all of the passionate health fans here tonight and watch at home. The Miami Masters we do not be realised without all of you. The best fans in the world, thank you. *standing ovations*

Congrats Nadalsknees for your first Masters title :yeah:

And lazar., you will soon get out of your slump :eek: :worship:

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Re: MTF Tennis Elbow Miami Masters - GOATdalsknees our Miami cham + León CH still to

@IchbinKIAMan what a speech.

·
Banned
1,391 Posts
Re: MTF Tennis Elbow Miami Masters - GOATdalsknees our Miami cham + León CH still to

I have to withdraw because of too much trouble in school til weekend, but I don't want let you win.

Sorry.

MTF-version: I have problems with elbow, maybe a tear. Doctor will say these days.

·
Registered
10,560 Posts

I have to withdraw because of too much trouble in school til weekend, but I don't want let you win.

Sorry.

MTF-version: I have problems with elbow, maybe a tear. Doctor will say these days.
Walkoever then. Because it is already 24 hours and until weekend is too late. :sad: Good luck with school.(Get well soon with the tear)

·
Super Moderator
7,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #235

This tear might explain his loss to @WOATRo :p

So @Tomek. And @Cloren to play their first meeting

·
Registered
21,063 Posts

Succesfully vultured this challenger, inspired by my fellow SFT vulture @Jamvol for this :worship:

Time for @azure to vulture one of these too, would be fitting no? Too bad he's quit the game because of being a coward internet issues.

As far as the final is concerned, poor conditions tbh, sadly the fact that I live in such an isolated country like Singapore makes it a bit tough to have playable matches with you all :sad:

I don't think Tomek got used to the conditions. As for me, I was pretty clinical, made 0 errors as you can see in the stats, clearly a far more experienced player in high ping/lag.

My 2nd title I suppose with Mugtourfinals, but none in the main tour so you can take them with a pinch of salt :D

·
Registered
9,269 Posts

I'm pissed. I lost, dunno why but on opponent serve I had a feeling the preview was not working at all, I had to guess which side should I go to. Really unfair conditions made this match for me impossible to win. Btw match was playing with preview All + Danger zone :shrug:, is this correct?

congrats Cloren for your luck...

·
Registered
4,559 Posts

Succesfully vultured this challenger, inspired by my fellow SFT vulture @Jamvol for this :worship:

Time for @azure to vulture one of these too, would be fitting no? Too bad he's quit the game because of being a coward internet issues.

As far as the final is concerned, poor conditions tbh, sadly the fact that I live in such an isolated country like Singapore makes it a bit tough to have playable matches with you all :sad:

I don't think Tomek got used to the conditions. As for me, I was pretty clinical, made 0 errors as you can see in the stats, clearly a far more experienced player in high ping/lag.

My 2nd title I suppose with Mugtourfinals, but none in the main tour so you can take them with a pinch of salt :D
I am the anti-vulture. For example I willingly played 500% Peakvol and Peakren while at 0% myself. In fact those were my only matches in the past 9 months now, save for a quick exho vs Arsenalex. I will not vulture a challenger, but will instead return at Queens or perhaps even Wimbledon for maximum anti-vulture points. I might not even play another match until then, and if I do it will only be against peaking opponents.

·
Super Moderator
7,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #239

I'm pissed. I lost, dunno why but on opponent serve I had a feeling the preview was not working at all, I had to guess which side should I go to. Really unfair conditions made this match for me impossible to win. Btw match was playing with preview All + Danger zone :shrug:, is this correct?

congrats Cloren for your luck...

@Tennis4Lyf is the tournament director of León, but as Miami director I can tell you host settings were all fine. Just bad luck with internet connection which appear especially when you're playing someone from another continent without hamachi.

·
Registered
9,269 Posts

so what's the point in playing :shrug:
playing with people from other continents without hamachi and it was fine...

seems this will be my first and last event...

BYE!

221 - 240 of 246 Posts