Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
21,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Credits: Phenomenadal

The rules:

1. First and most important rule is that everyone can join! (aka First TE Amendment)

2. A random draw will be made after that the deadline to commit for this tournament ends. Late Entries could be accepted here as long as they don’t cause inconvenience in the draw and you can replace a bye. If you were supposed to be seeded, then unfortunately you will still only be able to take a bye spot since you joined late. You can play your matches as soon as the draw comes out.

3. You have to talk with your opponent to find the best time for both of you to play the match. You can chat here to find a pleasant date or talk personally per pm. Make sure to clear with your partner who's gonna host etc.

Besides I've just created a Discord-server you can join. It could help to arrange your match better than on mtf. Link is the following:
https://discord.gg/xvsFDA3

Please try to register there with your mtf nick if you want to join the server, otherwise I'll kick you out of it. All the banter belongs here ofc, these threads should remain as the main platform of MTF TE.

4. Organisers shall decide a winner if a match takes several days to take place. Simple rule: Who's more active in the thread, shall advance if his/her opponent doesn't respond.

5. No time for a match, although you joined? No problem, just hand a w/o and announce it here. Your opponent advances to the next round.

6. We play the MTF Tennis Elbow Miami masters tournament, surface is Cement. Format is Best-Of-Three regular set in Fair Mode,Simulation control.

7. The hoster has to choose the option 'Simulation controls' under the setting 'controls'. We play with Ball preview on plus Danger zone, aiming off and Tiredness on.

8. To maximise the joy of this game it is recommended to use Hamachi Free to have lag-free matches resp. to be even able to host matches.

9. Once you have finished the match, make sure someone posts the scoreline in this thread. However, it's nice to let others take a glimpse at your match stats for banter.

10. Played your match and still up for a match or you're waiting for your opponent? Try to play a league match then.

Have fun and don't take it seriously.

After reading the MTF TEn Commandments carefully, we're gonna play the MTF Tennis Elbow Miami masters tournament which will replace the 2017 Miami Masters points in the rankings.

Entry deadline is Wednesday, 27th of March 1 pm GMT, draw will be made after by @Darth Revan

You can download this game for free:

https://www.managames.com/tennis/game_en.html

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
why cement? :eek:

It's played on blue-green, we allowed IW to be on classic synthethic but we shouldn't change EVERY surface, I am fine with that for smaller one, but not the biggest (for IW it was kind of funny since it's rl surface is slow af)

Anyways, IN :p

·
Registered
21,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
why cement? :eek:

It's played on blue-green, we allowed IW to be on classic synthethic but we shouldn't change EVERY surface, I am fine with that for smaller one, but not the biggest (for IW it was kind of funny since it's rl surface is slow af)

Anyways, IN :p
B/G is overused and cement reflects on the woatness that is the Miami surface :p

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
In! But those fair controls....

·
Registered
21,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Don't care about surface, but Fair Mode is kinda disgusting.
I'm in.
Yes given the unpopularity of fair mode I personally intend this to be last fair mode tournament in a while, but I think it really suits Miami. Clay should be realistic all the way unless IBM/DR have other ideas.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
In - yeah we probably play like 75% of our tourmaments on B/G so I'm fine with something else.
not even remotely true :p

we play AO/Beijing - NewLine

Monte Carlo, Madrid, Rome, RG - Clay
WB, Newport - Grass

Dubai,Toronto, CInci, USO,Shanghai -Blue Green

Paris, Basel,London, Rotterdam - IH

so even with Indian Wells as Classic Synthetic
Miami would be aprox 6th tourney out of ~20 that is on BlueGreen ;)

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
GUYS, new Miami courts are LIGHT BLUE, CAN WE DO NEWLINE ? :hearts:
@Cloren

1 - 20 of 31 Posts