Mens Tennis Forums banner

221 - 234 of 234 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #221
Re: MTF Tennis Elbow Madrid Masters - Think Green - Quarterfinals

Mate, I woke up now to see that I recieved the PM from Mark Lenders at 2AM my time, but I was sleeping. :facepalm:
We'll play today..
I know, I know :facepalm:

If not you advance then

·
Registered
7,994 Posts

So I'll play with Mark Lenders at 10PM Romanian Time (Eastern European Summer Time), if @edKarry can play with the winner right after, at 11PM, would be great. Maybe Lazar can play as well and we can finish this tournament today.

·
Registered
10,560 Posts

So I'll play with Mark Lenders at 10PM Romanian Time (Eastern European Summer Time), if @edKarry can play with the winner right after, at 11PM, would be great. Maybe Lazar can play as well and we can finish this tournament today.
:worship: Hidden shade that he will beat ML, edKarry and lazar. :p

·
Registered
7,994 Posts
Re: MTF Tennis Elbow Madrid Masters - Think Green - Final

enlightenedth def. edKarry 6-7(8) 6-3 6-3

Great match, so intense.

In the first set, he went 5-2* but let me back in the set with some mistakes. In the tiebreak, I missed an easy volley at 8-7 and eventually lost the set.
In the 2nd set, I think I saved a BP at *0-1, then managed to break at 3-2 but failed to consolidate the break. I broke again at 4-3 and served it out.
In the last set, @edKarry was 2-0 up, but I won 5 games in a row. At 5-2, he got the break, but I won on his next service game, on my 4th MP.

As you can see, I went to the net a lot, with high succes for a slow surface like this. I think it was my only chance since he was better from the baseline.
I have to play the final now, and it will be tough against @lazar. . We'll see if I can recover in time for Rome.

·
Registered
10,560 Posts

On of the most stacked halves in MTF TE ends with enlightenedth coming out on top. @Cloren gets some credit for the "random" nice draw. edKarry vs Tomek., Knees and enlightenedth were good. Probably a little too much for him. We have the enlightenedth vs lazar IV in the final with lazar managing to get his first win against his rival just in the last tournament. Good luck to both!
@enlightenedth WTF man, I am skippin grass season. You have 96 approaches in a clay court match. :spit:

·
Super Moderator
7,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #228

enlightenedth def. edKarry 6-7(8) 6-3 6-3

Great match, so intense.

In the first set, he went 5-2* but let me back in the set with some mistakes. In the tiebreak, I missed an easy volley at 8-7 and eventually lost the set.
In the 2nd set, I think I saved a BP at *0-1, then managed to break at 3-2 but failed to consolidate the break. I broke again at 4-3 and served it out.
In the last set, @edKarry was 2-0 up, but I won 5 games in a row. At 5-2, he got the break, but I won on his next service game, on my 4th MP.

As you can see, I went to the net a lot, with high succes for a slow surface like this. I think it was my only chance since he was better from the baseline.
I have to play the final now, and it will be tough against @lazar. . We'll see if I can recover in time for Rome.
What an unbelievable effort has been displayed in La Caja Magica. Lazar versus enlightenedth, what a high class match we're about to witness :worship:

·
Registered
7,994 Posts
Re: MTF Tennis Elbow Madrid Masters - Think Green - Final: lazar vs. enlightened

enlightenedth def. lazar. 7-5 6-3

Yes, my first title on clay and 2nd Masters title.
I think it was a close match, but I played better in key moments.
He did his homework this time, he hit a lot of great lob shots and I just did not expect that. I had problems consolidating the breaks, but I am happy I managed to win.

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Re: MTF Tennis Elbow Madrid Masters - Think Green - Final: lazar vs. enlightened

GRASS GOAT peaking just in time. lazar. was a set streak and had not lost a set from the first match of Munich! Tough luck. But lazar will continue making the finals and now that knees is not there in Rome and lazar has a fair draw to reach the finals, the race to #1 has turned its head around. :eek:

·
Super Moderator
7,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #232 (Edited)
Unbelievable run from GOATlightened. Beating peak @RuRo in two convincing sets, boating @Mark Lenders who didn't lose any point before his match against enlightened, the new secret GOAT @edKerry and the unbeatable looking @lazar.

First of all thanks for your kindness of competing three matches in two days to finally focus on Rome Masters and for all the sponsors which were eagerly awaiting the winner of this tournament *applause*

A big thank you of course to lazar as well who had to wait several days for his final match due to unlucky circumstances. He could have lost a bit of his rhythm, however, he still didn't cease to produce some good tennis to watch at the final. Hope you can win a clay masters soon enough, maybe Rome is already yours. :yeah: *applause*

But I want this whole crowd to give standing ovations to this year's champion of the Madrid Masters: A nice and humble guy trying to revolutionize the mtf power baseline tennis with net rushing and great volleys. He's from Romania, he's the GOAT at the net and it is @enlightenedth . Awesome days for you mate and great preparation for the following Slams *standing ovations*

*handing the trophy*

Thanks to all the ballboys, to all the organizers, to everyone who has helped here. Thanks to @Cloren for making the draw and congrats on his SFs here. As well as @edKarry for a great debut on the mtf te tour who hopefully wins a tournament soon enough. Have a good day all and see you all in Rome :yeah:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Unbelievable run from GOATlightened. Beating peak @RuRo in two convincing sets, boating @Mark Lenders who didn't lose any point before his match against enlightened, the new secret GOAT @edKerry and the unbeatable looking @lazar.

First of all thanks for your kindness of competing three matches in two days to finally focus on Rome Masters and for all the sponsors which were eagerly awaiting the winner of this tournament *applause*

A big thank you of course to lazar as well who had to wait several days for his final match due to unlucky circumstances. He could have lost a bit of his rhythm, however, he still didn't cease to produce some good tennis to watch at the final. Hope you can win a clay masters soon enough, maybe Rome is already yours. :yeah: *applause*

But I want this whole crowd to give standing ovations to this year's champion of the Madrid Masters: A nice and humble guy trying to revolutionize the mtf power baseline tennis with net rushing and great volleys. He's from Romania, he's the GOAT at the net and it is @enlightenedth . Awesome days for you mate and great preparation for the following Slams *standing ovations*

*handing the trophy*

Thanks to all the ballboys, to all the organizers, to everyone who has helped here. Thanks to @Cloren for making the draw and congrats on his SFs here. As well as @edKarry for a great debut on the mtf te tour who hopefully wins a tournament soon enough. Have a good day all and see you all in Rome :yeah:

Yeah, enlightened won :worship:

Walking along, singing this song, walking in enlightened wonderland :worship:

221 - 234 of 234 Posts