Mens Tennis Forums banner

121 - 139 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Re: MTF Tennis Elbow - Halle 500- Go Green! - R1/R2 - Draw in Post #4

I guess the young gun was too tired after his marathon match on CC last night that lasted until 2am, which forced him to try and end the points quickly, which caused all the UE :wink2:

I wish I have my stats in the first match against knees which ended 6-0 6-0 for him

I made 1 winner in the whole match , won 8 points total :haha:

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #122

I guess the young gun was too tired after his marathon match on CC last night that lasted until 2am, which forced him to try and end the points quickly, which caused all the UE :wink2:
The marathon match is underestimated and underrated. :mad: :no:

·
Banned
1,391 Posts

Unfortunately the Belgian won because I had 100% topspin so all rallies were more than 50 shots.

But I won two games despite that :spit:

Gonna be tough for him next time when I play not my clown char :yeah:

·
Registered
8,620 Posts

Unfortunately the Belgian won because I had 100% topspin so all rallies were more than 50 shots.

But I won two games despite that :spit:

Gonna be tough for him next time when I play not my clown char :yeah:
Belgian? I thought he is from Luxembourg, but ok.

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #130

Hi MTF TEers.

I would like post a few things.

1. The tour was started for having fun and playing in our free time. Lately the fun has been spoiled due to various things. I am not liking it one bit. This is not how I imagined fun at least.
2. IBM has been really professionally maintaining a lot of things before I joined him in organizing the tour such as rankings, race, wiki-draw, remainders, convincing people to join the tour, etc. That is simply too much work to get a tour organized and it really hurts or rather is not satisfying at all to have such incidents kill his hard work so far.

Some general points:
* We never wanted to be rough/harsh on anyone as we thought that kills the very motto of this game.
* We do not ban anyone from tour.
* We introduced the 72 hours to pseudo pressurize the people into participating more actively and avoid waiting times.
* We did not enforce the 72 hour rules that often.
* We extended deadlines for entry, finishing matches, given WC, LL, everytime anyone wanted to join even after a couple of rounds were finished.

Despite trying to do our best to keep the environment friendly and fun filled, we are not able to achieve it. It is disheartening to see that the lack of co-operation, accusations, etc in the last 2-3 weeks. IBM even started CH so that people who get knocked out early or more enthusiastic get to play more often. He has really given everything to the tour to make it brilliant! All you had to do was play on time! If that was so difficult then you could have avoided signing up for it in the first place. When you sign in, you know if it is BO3/BO5/BO1 and the average time it takes to play a match and if you win how many matches you may have to play in a week, etc. I find it ridiculous you sign up and never show up. Sometimes, some unexpected things may happen or some appointments may come up, we cannot avoid it, we do not expect you play leaving all those things, This game is not any important than your real life. We expect on a simple courtesy of INFORMING us or your opponent beforehand so that the tour could go on smoothly.

I do not want to analyze where and what went wrong. Some people take the game way too seriously. Maybe it means a lot to you, I am no one to question that, but that is hurting the tour very BADLY. I have a couple of suggestions from my side.

I want to delete the race and rankings. No more points, no more seeds, nothing! Just we call for players and we make a random draw and play.
If you have problems playing with some opponents, we will RIG the draw so that you do not face them.

All the points above is my POV and I am sorry if that is negative or hurting to anyone. But I am done. I will sincerely participate and organize, if need be. Nothing more.

·
Super Moderator
7,910 Posts

Why did they remove every post even the score? I need it mods

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts

Halle QF: Khronos def. Ichbinmude 6-4 3-6 6-4

Some fine grass court tennis in this match. :drool: I was up at the net at every opportunity and he was hitting some amazing lobs; we covered pretty much every inch of the court in the ensuing rallies. The connection wasn’t perfect and the quality was up and down, but we had a good time.

If you look at the stats you’ll see we were similar in most departments, which is true. The third set could’ve gone either way.

This was Ichbinos IV I believe and every match since the first one he’s taken a set off me. Only a matter of time until he gets that elusive win, surely?

·
Registered
2,535 Posts

Probably the most fun match i had on grass so far, despite the scoreline being straightforward. We both used a lot of a variety, which is rare to me, but that was probably the most success i had with lobs and netgame in my entire career. In the second set he started to stand close to the net, while receiving serve and hit some djoko like return winners, which was also refreshing to see. In the end i just did everything a bit better. GL at Wimbledon m8. :yeah:

PS: He also won a rally of 58 shots at 5-3 in the first!

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts

At this point I’m just trying to develop some new return strategies to beat Nadalsknees because it seems my usual tactics are harmless to him, no matter how well I play. :p

The weird fact is that when he stands far behind the baseline he seems to get a lot more purchase on the ball than I do from the same distance (playing style could account for this).

In the second set I was starting to win a higher % of return points by standing right up on the baseline and guessing one direction or the other; when I guessed right the return went deep or even won the point. I need to study his serving pattern more to improve it, so that I have slightly more than a 1/2 chance of making the return.

As for the quality of this match, yes it was amazing. We were treated with one of the best grass matches of this MTF TE season so far. :worship:

·
Registered
2,535 Posts

He started pretty good and i was making too many errors thanks to nerves, while he snatched the first set from my hands quickly. In the second set i was playing with nothing to lose, which helped me a lot in the past and i suddenly remembered my tactic against him by being ultra aggressive. That's the only way to hit through a wall like him or being a genius at the net, which i am not. Do not worry m8, you will have a second chance at Queens to defeat me. :yeah:

Sixth title finally. :yeah:

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #138
Here is the final draw of the most prestigious Non-slam tournament on tour.

Congrats @Nadalsknees on the sixth title and first title on grass. Although a WTA scoreline for a final. :lol: @lazar. :hug: You still have a chance at Queen's ;)

We invited a special guest to hand over the trophy to him

He had too many decide to sponsor one to MTF TE :worship: GOAT award this year again.

Some words on the tournaments.

Firstly, thanks to @Special One for the amazing draw and handling the controversy around it. :worship: It was not the best draw for Tomek. and Cloren but they were professional and played the match and Tomek. clarified all the issues via PM and was a class act. :worship: We need at least 2 Stefan Edberg Stan del Potro awards for these gentlemen.

I am extremely sad that @enlightenedth had to withdraw under difficult circumstances during his favourite time of the season akin to RAFA at RG 16. :sobbing: :hug: But the matters has been settled and he is recovering quickly from the injury and will be back roaring at Wimbledon :armed: :rocker:

Moment of the tournament: @Unforced Error finally breaking his curse losses and getting his first win on tour and joining the Hall of Fame. :worship: :yeah:

Match of the tournament: It could have been @Lazyguy vs Special one. But lazyGOAT decided to play his peak level and finished the match in 2 sets with no mercy for his opponent. :no: That is why the match of the tournament goes to none other than SdP vs Tennis4Lyf. SdP let the overhyped German to get a set before teaching his free lessons of grass court tennis with 500 KMPH second serves and lob returns. Extreme variety and passion was seen in that match. highlights already crossed 1 B views on Social Network. He even decided to gift the champion his match. True Legend. :worship:

That is all from Halle. Queens is nearing the end. Gear up for Wimbledon. :wavey:

121 - 139 of 139 Posts