Mens Tennis Forums banner

81 - 100 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
21,047 Posts
Re: MTF Tennis Elbow - Halle 500- Go Green! - R1/R2 - Draw in Post #4

Great win for me, very satisfied with my performance. Grass is truly my best surface easily. But I would get rekt by those competitive in the net :sad:

My break point conversion is truly a joke, but he really was peaking in them tbf, 2nd set really calmed me down a bit and could play more freely, his level dropped a bit tbf.

Edit: Rofl I just realized I got enlightned next kkk :sad:

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts

Who won the Darth Revan/Hesse match?

·
Registered
1,721 Posts

I just beat Hesse 60 62, but forgot to screenshot :tape:
I am hoping that he can vouch for that :p

do you want to play @Khronos?

·
Registered
1,721 Posts

What a beast, you even took enlightneed to 5 sets. Why is your ELO so low again
I haven't been playing much, and what I have it was mostly against higher ELO players :lol:

I lost like 10 times to Lazar alone :eek:

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts

Halle R2: Khronos def. Darth Revan 7-6(4) 6-3

He (or she? Not sure) was genuinely the better player in set one. All of my service games felt like monumental battles. Somehow though, I reached the tiebreak, and my opponent’s first serve started to falter. I got the minibreak and ran out to a 6-2 lead; they saved a few set points but couldn’t recover anymore. The tiebreak didn’t reflect the closeness of the set, or all the effort he put in before that, so that was unlucky for him. :(

Second set was a different story. I was holding a bit more easily and his serve was still fragile. I got an early break and cruised for the most part, although had to save a break point or two to keep the lead at 4-2.

Game-wise I noticed that my backhand cross court was really effective against his forehand, so I started to majorly attack with that in set 2 and it won me a lot of points. I was also trying to keep him off balance with the drop shot every now and then, which worked well. My serve was obviously more consistent than his, and that was the biggest difference from the tiebreak onward...

Commiserations, and I look forward to a potential rematch at the Queen's Club. :yeah:

·
Registered
1,721 Posts

what got me really annoying is the lag in the TB on the first mini break you got :eek:

never really recovered after that :tears:

I am looking forward to Queens :hehehe:

·
Registered
23 Posts

Halle R1: Unforced Error def. RuRo 6-1 6-2

It was my first match win this season, so really happy with that. I was so happy, that I accidentally exited the game before saying bye, so sorry for that.
About the match: Ruro played great, I was really lucky with some shanks, and I served really great today and played smart from the back of the court. We had some amazing grass court rallies too, with dropshots and volleys.
Looking forward to my next match against Lazar, with my newly found confidence :)

Attachments

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #90

@Jon. @Lazar would like to play you instead of the dreadful bye, if it is okay for you. What say?

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #93

Updated draw:

@Stan del Potro when can you play?

·
The special one
13,836 Posts

R1/2 Summary so far

A lot of one-sided matches in this tournament so far. Unfortunately the well hyped matches cmchelsea/LazyGOAT and Cloren/Tomek never really lived up to expectations with comfortable wins for Cloren and LazyGOAT. cmCHOKEsea managed to choke a 2-0 40-0 lead in the 2nd set, and then got broken at 4-5 down.

Tournament in meltdown

In the Presser @Lazyguy let it slip that cmchelsea took a backhander from lazyGOAT to tank the match. This has left a lot of fans very angry as tickets were very hard to come by for this well anticipated match, some of them even paid as much as 1k vcash just for a courtside ticket, and this has now put tournament director @Tennis4Lyf under severe pressure as fans are demanding a refund, not just for this match but the fact that the day 1 schedule on CC that included cmchelsea/lazyGOAT Cloren/Tomek and the night session between IBM and pnard never lived up to the hype.

More controversy on the outside courts

So far the match of the tournament has been Rodrigos epic win over Andreas. This happened on one of the outside courts, but was not without controversy. Andreas had a MP, but midway through a gong in the crowd went off and distracted Andreas, which he couldn't recover from and Rodrigo closed out the match.

Hopefully the t4lyf/Sdp match which has been scheduled for CC tomorrow can save the tournament.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts

R1/2 Summary so far

A lot of one-sided matches in this tournament so far. Unfortunately the well hyped matches cmchelsea/LazyGOAT and Cloren/Tomek never really lived up to expectations with comfortable wins for Cloren and LazyGOAT. cmCHOKEsea managed to choke a 2-0 40-0 lead in the 2nd set, and then got broken at 4-5 down.

Tournament in meltdown

In the Presser @Lazyguy let it slip that cmchelsea took a backhander from lazyGOAT to tank the match. This has left a lot of fans very angry as tickets were very hard to come by for this well anticipated match, some of them even paid as much as 1k vcash just for a courtside ticket, and this has now put tournament director @Tennis4Lyf under severe pressure as fans are demanding a refund, not just for this match but the fact that the day 1 schedule on CC that included cmchelsea/lazyGOAT Cloren/Tomek and the night session between IBM and pnard never lived up to the hype.

More controversy on the outside courts

So far the match of the tournament has been Rodrigos epic win over Andreas. This happened on one of the outside courts, but was not without controversy. Andreas had a MP, but midway through a gong in the crowd went off and distracted Andreas, which he couldn't recover from and Rodrigo closed out the match.

Hopefully the t4lyf/Sdp match which has been scheduled for CC tomorrow can save the tournament.

it's time to admit that the organizers are using me along with other anonymous players to ruin the special one's reputation , special one's increasing popularity is causing a lot of problems for the organizers as it threatens their position as tour directors

however it was such a disappointing day for the fans who came up to watch some drama , most of the matches were one sided and finished pretty fast

as my position in the tour as a LazyGOAT , I'd like to offer the fans the show of their lives

THE MARATHON

THE BIGGEST MATCH OF ALL TIME

THE HYPE IS REAL

LAZYGUY VS CMCHELSEA , however I got the idea from federer vs nadal battle of surfaces thing

if you agree we shall play an exhibition BO7 match

we will play a set at each of the following surfaces

1- grass

2- red clay

3- red hard court

4- AO court

and ofc , if the match went to 5 ,6 ,7 sets , we will repeat the court's course

will ofc take more than a day to finish the marathon

it's the first TE marathon of all time , if it was a success i thing we should make 2 goats take on the marathon after us

what about that

:devil:

·
Registered
21,047 Posts

Got routined 4-6 4-6.

0/0 in bps for me :yeah:

His game is perfectly suited for grass, could barely win points of his service games games. My first serve percetange was too bad, could have been more competitive otherwise imo. But result was always NID.

He's the only player I actually bothered to change my original stats by adding 100% lob which was completely useless because his smashes are so good and my timing is way off since I don't use lobs that much.

Congrats and good luck in the SF mate. I was thoroughly outclassed by someone who actually plays proper grass tennis so no shame in my part

·
Registered
8,620 Posts

enlightenedth def. Cloren 6-4 6-4

Close match, shame he couldn't reach at least a TB, but his 1st serve in % was too low and I pressed him on 2nd serves. One break per set, didn't face a BP, I am happy with my game right now.
@Cloren , bad luck today, I am looking forward to the next match against you. :yeah:

·
The special one
13,836 Posts

it's time to admit that the organizers are using me along with other anonymous players to ruin the special one's reputation , special one's increasing popularity is causing a lot of problems for the organizers as it threatens their position as tour directors

however it was such a disappointing day for the fans who came up to watch some drama , most of the matches were one sided and finished pretty fast

as my position in the tour as a LazyGOAT , I'd like to offer the fans the show of their lives

THE MARATHON

THE BIGGEST MATCH OF ALL TIME

THE HYPE IS REAL

LAZYGUY VS CMCHELSEA , however I got the idea from federer vs nadal battle of surfaces thing

if you agree we shall play an exhibition BO7 match

we will play a set at each of the following surfaces

1- grass

2- red clay

3- red hard court

4- AO court

and ofc , if the match went to 5 ,6 ,7 sets , we will repeat the court's course

will ofc take more than a day to finish the marathon

it's the first TE marathon of all time , if it was a success i thing we should make 2 goats take on the marathon after us

what about that

:devil:
Yeah, this isn't a bad idea I suppose. I guess this would need to happen after Wimbledon though when we aren't playing in tournaments :p

If it's 7 sets, then we should just use all surfaces, instead of going back to grass in set 4.

for example, this would be a suggestion.

Grass
Clay
Hard
Indoor
Green clay
Cement

And if this turns out to be a mugfest with a decider needed, then as punishment the decider will be on indoor carpet on fair mode. :(

81 - 100 of 139 Posts