Mens Tennis Forums banner

101 - 120 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
No comment... Disgraceful, it wasn't ok to Lazar. btw... How you have started in that way you should've finished.
You should read the first post of the topic, before telling me it's disgraceful the way i finished.

7. If you host you have to choose under the setting 'controls' the option 'Simulation controls'. We play with Ball preview on plus Danger zone, aiming off. Tiredness on and Realistic Mode (unofficial), that's important.

Is that so difficult to understand? these modes play totally different, so yes it makes a lot of difference.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
@Nadalsknees I want to say that I have played a match with you on Arcade or Elite Controls, and it didn't make any change in results. Your defensive skills fall into water now.

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts

Super close contest this one. Cloren had *5-6 0-30 in set 1 and *4-5 0-40 in set 2, so needless to say the match could’ve easily gone in his favour. I thought I played those pressure points well though, making the big first serves when I needed them, not giving him any traction at all to convert.

The tiebreaks were a bit nervy, in the end I was only one point clear in both of them (first set I took it on my serve, second set on return). He missed his first serve match point down in the second tiebreak, which basically sealed his fate; it gave me the opening into the point, and then I just went for broke with forehand bombs until the match was won.

The conditions were pretty decent I thought, although seemed to make some things difficult (i.e. volleying, I missed a ridiculous amount of easy shots at the net :help:).

-

So into the SFs and a third meeting with the legendary BOATree (last time we played it went down like this :eek:)!

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts

I defeated Lazar in 3 sets to make things specific. He destroyed me in the first set 6-2, but then i noticed we played on elite controls which wasn't in the rules, so we had to play 2 extra sets after on Simulation. Although it looks like a straightforward win, the second set was super intense and could have gone either way. Lazar is a incredible player and plays like a wall almost djokovic style. He made me go for absolute peak shots and i had to fight for every point even on serve. The third set he was definitely tired and i took advantage of it. Anyway a very good match and it's looking likely to be the best match of the tournament so far.
It wouldn't be a MTF TE tournament without Nadalsknees bringing some drama. :hysteric:

-

Day 5 draw update:

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Interesting that we have only 2 matches left. Well dones guys. All on time. :hatoff:

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts

Doubt anybody saw this result coming. :lol: How is it possible? He tanked. No, he wasn't at his best, but I was using a character with full baseline power and bashing everything to death. Also, I was really pleased with my service variation (alternating randomly out-wide and down the t, sometimes kick, sometimes spin, giving him no rhythm on return) and most importantly, I made all my first serves when facing BPs like in the previous match.

How the match played out: First set was even at the start (1-1), then I went up a double break (*5-2), got broken back (*5-4), but managed to serve it out. Second set he broke straight away and held (0-2), I held and broke back (2-2), then he forced a break which I couldn't recover and grabbed the set. Third set went entirely with serve except the game where I broke him, he did have double break points to get back into it at *4-2 15-40 but couldn't convert. Holding the first service game of set 3 was crucial for me, I think the match could've slipped away quickly if I'd lost my serve...

Ignoring the fact this was a tournament match, it was just great fun. Good contrast of styles, and as always BroTree123 winning some unbelievable points with reflex volleys at the net. :worship:

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Good for the game and humanity whenever this egg-abusing computer #1 pusher gets exposed by a talented shotmaker. This is what happens when he doesn't get lucky, so this was an NID result. WOATree tards in ruins :haha:

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
Unfortunately @Nadalsknees was forced to withdraw from the tournament after tweaking his back in the third set of his semi-final match. He came on to court to apologise to the ticket holders:

However! Good sport @InfoKenway kindly offered to play an exhibition final to placate the crowd! He came out all guns blazing in the first set and raced to a 4-0 lead. This inspired me to raise my level and play the kind of tennis which won me the semi-final, in the end recovering to win 13 of the next 14 games. I should say set 2 was more exhibition fare (trick shots, SABR, etc.), while the first set was seriously high quality. :worship:

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
GOATronos just too good. Doesn't even drop a game in the final :worship:

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Congrats @Khronos bad luck nadalsknees.

Welcome to all the new players and returning players. :worship:

101 - 120 of 123 Posts