Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Administrator
18,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Original idea by Ichbinmüde (he insisted on the inclusion of this information)

Welcome to the first tournament of the year, and the first ever MTF Tennis Elbow draw that won't be rigged.

Remember to check through the following rules, some things have changed over the off season.

1. First and most important rule is that everyone can join!

2. After deadline's over a random draw will be generated

3. You have to talk with your opponent and find the best time for both of you to play the match. You can chat here to find it or talk personally, furthermore to talk about who should host the game and much more.

4. There's a set deadline of 72 hours to play your match. If this deadline is not met, then the players must decide who will withdraw. If no player offers to withdraw then the more active one will go through. If neither player is cooperative/active then the winner will be chosen at random. If a player can give a valid reason for inability to play in the given time and can play lots of matches afterwards (and inform the manager ahead of time) then they might be given an extension.

5. If you can't find time to play tennis elbow then just announce it here. Your opponent wins by walkover. The same vice versa. If there is the smallest doubt you will take longer than 3 days to complete a match then it may be helpful for others than you choose not to commit.

6. We play the MTF TE Brisbane 250, that means surface is NewLine Synthetic (unofficial). Format is Best-Of-Three, here a screenshot of the settings:

7. If you host you have to choose under the setting 'controls' the option 'Simulation controls'. We play with Ball preview on plus Danger zone, aiming off. Tiredness on and Realistic Mode (unofficial), that's important.

8. To maximise the joy of this game it is recommended to utilise Hamachi Free to have lag-free matches resp. to avoid many lags. For more information on how to use or download Hamachi, PM me or ask in the thread.

9. Make sure the manager is informed of the score, typically people post a screenshot in the thread so others may see stats and score.

The tournament starts on Sunday 8th January, so the draw shall be made at 10am GMT. You must commit before this deadline.

·
Administrator
18,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The following rankings will be used for this tournament:

Check out all the draws from 2016 (first year of TE):

Queen's:

Wimbledon:

Washington:

Olympics:

US Open:

St. Petersburg:

Tokyo:

Shanghai:

Paris Masters

World Tour Finals:

·
Administrator
18,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Vote for surface and mode:
Players: [15]
@Arsenalex
@Khronos
@ProudSerb
@Phenomenadal
@Cloren
@InfoKenway
@BroTree123
@Stan del Potro
Griezmann13
@Jamvol
@CommisarSJ
@Diadochi
@Nadalsknees
@Mark Lenders
@lazar.

Former players:
@Silverbullet96
@meninosantos
@Haneul
@Claybot
@Delusionalist.
(only ofc if you have time and/or are interested)

Possibly interested:
@Sham Kay Adams
@Pepe Imaz
@Redolent
@Master Yoda and @Federer-Fan (I hear they come as one package)
@The Ivan

·
External factor expert
4,113 Posts
I dont play games for fun. I play games to win and to humiliate my opponents as much as possible. In my current state I wont be able to accomplish that so I wont participate. I bought the game last month on steam, sadly I didnt really have time to practice. Dont worry, I promise to join next month.

I do have a question to some of the top players here. Do you guys use keyboard or controller?

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Lazar is using mouse. ;)

·
Registered
20,877 Posts
I dont play games for fun. I play games to win and to humiliate my opponents as much as possible. In my current state I wont be able to accomplish that so I wont participate. I bought the game last month on steam, sadly I didnt really have time to practice. Dont worry, I promise to join next month.

I do have a question to some of the top players here. Do you guys use keyboard or controller?
The best players here lazar, info and brotree use all different. Lazar uses mouse, brotree use keyboard and info uses controller so it's up to you which one you think fits your game, there is no particular advantage.

The best of all in this game here in MTF is brotree and he uses keyboard.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Keyboard is much easier if you are familiar with online games. i use wasd for the movement, caps lock for hitting and spacebar for slicing. All with my left hand even though i am right handed.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Just checking, we can play on the expired trial version, right?

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
Lazar is using mouse. ;)
Seriously? I tried that once and found it impossible. Keyboard all the way for me.

Just checking, we can play on the expired trial version, right?
Yes you can. It will be a 2D court rather than the 3D one in trial/full version, but it's playable.

I'm not going to play for a while. Personal problems.
Sorry to hear that. You'll be missed. :crying:

Wiki-draw to be updated (thanks to @Khronos who offered help here)
Looks like it will be a 16-man draw, if we can entice one more person to play (otherwise BroTree faces the dreaded bye in R1 :scared:).

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Ok @Khronos , when you will be able to play?

·
Registered
8,381 Posts
Probably for the best I've been given the worst draw of all time since my internet is so sketchy these days. Let me know when you want to play GOATway.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Btw if anyone wants a practice match in the next few hours then I'm definitely down

·
Delicious
3,558 Posts
Is there a tiebreak in the third set?

1 - 20 of 123 Posts