·
Super Moderator
7,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New Year, new season

Credits: Phenomenadal

New TE tourney, the next weeks with

First of all some basic rules:

1. First and most important rule is that everyone can join! (aka First TE Amendment)

2. A random draw will be made after that the deadline to commit for this tournament ends. Late Entries could be accepted here. You can play your matches as soon as the draw comes out.

3. You have to talk with your opponent to find the best time for both of you to play the match. You can chat here to find a pleasant date or talk personally per pm. Make sure to clear with your partner who's gonna host etc.

Besides I've just created a Discord-server you can join. It could help to arrange your match better than on mtf. Link is the following:
https://discord.gg/xvsFDA3

Please try to register there with your mtf nick if you want to join the server, otherwise I'll kick you out of it. All the banter belongs here ofc, these threads should remain as the main platform of MTF TE.

4. Organisers shall decide a winner if a match takes too long to take place. Simple rule: Who's more active in the thread, shall advance if his/her opponent doesn't respond.

5. No time for a match, although you joined? No problem, just hand a w/o and announce it here. Your opponent advances to the next round.

6. We play the MTF Tennis Elbow Australian Open, surface is New-Line Synthetic. Format is Best-Of-Three regular sets until SFs (if both players agree even bo5) and SFs/Final Best-Of-Five, always in Realistic Mode.

7. The hoster has to choose the option 'Simulation controls' under the setting 'controls'. We play with Ball preview on plus Danger zone, aiming off and Tiredness on.

8. To maximise the joy of this game it is recommended to use Hamachi Free to have lag-free matches resp. to be even able to host matches.

9. Once you have finished the match, make sure someone posts the scoreline in this thread. However, it's nice to let others take a glimpse at your match stats for banter.

10. If you've finished your match and you're waiting for your opponent who's got to play his match, but you still want to play against fellow MTFers, just feel free to play 'MTF TE League Matches'. Just play a friendly match with anyone from here and post the stats.

Have fun and don't take it seriously.

After reading the MTF TEn Commandments carefully, we're gonna play the MTF Tennis Elbow Australian Open which will replace the 2017 Brisbane tournament and 2017 Australian Open, so points start to drop off from this tournament on.

Entry deadline is Thursday, 17th of January noon GMT, draw will be made by then

From @Darth Revan who will be your Tournament director and manager after the opening posts.

You can download this game for free:

https://www.managames.com/tennis/game_en.html

·
Super Moderator
7,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Re: MTF Tennis Elbow Australian Open - TE Awards 2018

Blast from the past

Past Draws

Aye, worth a look mate.

===

Rankings after Brisbane points dropped

With new function: Career high next to your rankings. CH means Career highlight which is your best ranking position in your career

·
Super Moderator
7,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

Draw

2017's AO Draw

Current AO Draw

===

Tournament to complete:

@Joe Speedboot vs. @Arsenalex on Saturday. Don't miss the epic battle from two spartans, #JoeVsAlex :worship:

·
Super Moderator
7,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

==

MTF TE League:

Quite simple, you can play a match against a fellow MTF member with any settings and on any surface you're up to. It won't be awarded with MTF TE Ranking points, but the best four (!) will qualify for the Bakery Mayer Final Four which award massive points. It works in a league-format. To avoid further confusion please make clear it's a league match, when you post the scores.

·
Super Moderator
7,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

Awards:

Ok guys, this is the real thing. Drum roll please

Today evening we're gonna celebrate a few players for all of their merits last year at the Tennis Elbow tour.

First of all I want to laud and praise the guy who's finished #1 last year, as you can see here.

Winner of the MTF Tennis Elbow Ballon d'or and Year-End Champion 2018 is:

@enlightenedth

:worship:

Take a bow mate.

Congrats @Nadalsknees and @BroTree123 for finishing those years as #1 too. You receive the belated MTF TE Ballon d'Or.

--

Now the MTFTEIU and MTF International Tennis Elbow Association Board (aka MTFITEAB) wanna award the winner of the MTF Tennis Elbow League Finals last year, who just appeared, came out of nowhere and won the tournament.

The Veni-Vidi-Vici award of 2018 goes to:

@Tomek.

Congrats mate :worship:

--

This is the night of the awards and we're gonna fast forward the dreadful music in between. The MTF International Tennis Elbow Association Board (aka MTFITEAB) and the MTF Tennis Elbow Integrity Unit want to give the next one his deserved award.

The winner of the Most Improved Player of The Year 2018 is:

@Darth Revan

Congrats mate and enjoy your medal :worship:

--

What do association bodies do when they have meetings to think who's deserved an award and which? Well, first they eat salmon canapes until they puke, drink litres of alcohol as digestivo, sniff a few lines to become somewhat creative and wonder at 4 am, what their goals were. Hence they had the great idea to reward a guy you know very well with an award as well and who perhaps might have even been at that aforementioned party:

The winner of the Most Consistent Player of All-Time award is someone who's been always at the range between 19 and 25 in the rankings, a truly testament of consistency all over and probably one of the wittiest guys at the tour which is:

@Arsenalex

Just congrats, mate, you deserved that award so much :worship:

--

We shan't forget the lowlights of last year as well which was undoubtedly the quickest golden set of all time.

The Golden raspberry award 2018 goes to:

@Stan del Potro

Wonderful bro :worship:

And last, but not least, the winner of the Sportsmanship 2018 award and you fans and players have voted here will be awarded to:

@Joe Speedboot and @Griezmann13

Congrats mates :worship:

That's it, thanks for your attention and enjoy the Australian Open :yeah:

·
Super Moderator
7,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

You can post now

·
Registered
6,598 Posts
Lol wut...

Knees retired 2 sets and 4 1 down in 3rd on a computer games. Guy is an absolute legend <3

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Re: MTF Tennis Elbow Australian Open - TE Awards 2018 - Entry DL: 17th Jan - #JoeVsAl

In

as tournament director let me make some things REALLY clear from the beginning:

- I am not nice like IBM, if you withdraw once, you are gone, no longer here, for the AO tournament you are deceased :p
- I will not tolerate matches taking weeks on end to be completed :devil: You will have a strict schedule, and I expect the final to be played when Zverev and Djokovic play the real final, I want our match to be their competition, we all know which one will be more watched :devil:

- I do takes bribes for placement in the draw and getting better spots on the OOP and bigger courts, get on it
- I might be tough, but I am certainly NOT fair

·
Super Moderator
7,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Re: MTF Tennis Elbow Australian Open - TE Awards 2018 - Entry DL: 17th Jan - #JoeVsAl

In

as tournament director let me make some things REALLY clear from the beginning:

- I am not nice like IBM, if you withdraw once, you are gone, no longer here, for the AO tournament you are deceased :p
- I will not tolerate matches taking weeks on end to be completed :devil: You will have a strict schedule, and I expect the final to be played when Zverev and Djokovic play the real final, I want our match to be their competition, we all know which one will be more watched :devil:

- I do takes bribes for placement in the draw and getting better spots on the OOP and bigger courts, get on it
- I might be tough, but I am certainly NOT fair
Very cool that you have another style as I do, we need stricter hosts than IchbinNicebot at times :yeah:

But I need to clarify something:

Zverev and Djokovic
:unsure:

In :yeah:

·
Registered
1,729 Posts

I did not see the draw yet, are Zverev and Novak in the same half? :lol:

1 - 20 of 207 Posts