Mens Tennis Forums banner

161 - 180 of 212 Posts

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Both of us should be getting our w/os today, so be prepared to play tomorrow @Khronos :p

·
Delicious
3,558 Posts
Wimbledon 2R: Phenomenadal def. Khronos 6-2 7-5 3-6 6-3

Close match. Second was a coin toss and it could have easily gone to 5. Khronos with some excellent net play. I'm a bit tired of chasing down drop shots now :help: All the best for future tournaments mate

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
Wimbledon 2R: Phenomenadal def. Khronos 6-2 7-5 3-6 6-3

Close match. Second was a coin toss and it could have easily gone to 5. Khronos with some excellent net play. I'm a bit tired of chasing down drop shots now :help: All the best for future tournaments mate

His serve was the most important factor in this match. Huge and very consistent on the big points. :bowdown:

After losing the break advantage I had in set two it never felt like I could recover to win the match. In set 3 i clutched my way out of a lot of games, and the same in set 4, but it was actually just prolonging the inevitable.

My net game was great today. Shame I didn't have the serve and baseline game to go with it...

Best of luck in the next round. :yeah:

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
someone to stay awake/wake up earlier? :shrug:

·
Registered
3 Posts
i'm always online but the problem is the internet speed
at night you know it becomes faster
so i think it's better for both of us to play at night but i don't mind if we'll play sooner or later but it's just about the internet speed

·
Registered
46 Posts
i'm always online but the problem is the internet speed
at night you know it becomes faster
so i think it's better for both of us to play at night but i don't mind if we'll play sooner or later but it's just about the internet speed
Kill urself :worship:

·
Registered
2,535 Posts

I started passive in the first and he took advantage by getting a early break. He was serving for the set, but crumbled under the pressure, which happened lots of times before. Really if he gets mentally stronger, he could beat anyone on Realistic mode. Anyway the second he wasn't playing that well, still with that choke in his mind i guess. In the third set i was getting a bit bored and had one of my usual unfocused moments, while he came back firing and this time he did hold his serve and won the third. In the fourth i had enough and played my absolute best, going forth in cruise control to 5-0, finishing if off quickly on serve. You played very well m8, gl and try to improve mentally. You will get there one day.

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
enlightenedth def. Nadalsknees 6-3 1-6 6-7(5) 6-4 6-4

This match had anything, even lag made an appearance.
I broke fast in the first set, went 3-0, then I almost lost my serve because of some bad lag.
In the 2nd set the lag was immense, game freezing for like 10 seconds, we had to repeat some points as well. He took advantage at that point and broke my serve, then I lost my nerves.
From the 3rd set, the lag was nowhere to be found, but I was still struggling mentally and had to save a lot of BPs in the beginning of the set. I managed to push the set into a tiebreak, I went 3-0 up, with 2 minibreaks, then I choked really hard. :facepalm:
In the last 2 sets, I broke his serve right in the beginning, then managed to hold.

I am happy that I didn't lose my serve in the last 3 sets and that I took my chances.
My opponent won more points, had more BPs, so he has the right to think that he deserved to win.

·
Delicious
3,558 Posts

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
GOATlightenedth on a warpath. :worship:

Also lol at bottom half finalist decided before another R2 match has been completed.

161 - 180 of 212 Posts