Mens Tennis Forums banner

201 - 212 of 212 Posts

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Sorry, I didn't know you wanted to organize Atlanta. I offered to help with the rankings and got the thumbs up for Newport.

I'm sure you can run the next one (Washington or Canada whatever it is). In the meantime would you like to handle the draw for Newport?
so Newport is happening?
wouldn't it be wiser to forget the grass and move to Atlanta? :shrug: :nerd:

·
Administrator
18,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #203
@edKarry @Phenomenadal please play so @enlightenedth can play the winner
@Darth Revan especially after all the time wasting here, we don't really play many 500 events even let alone 250. IBM wanted Newport because he wanted to do a 'Hall of Lame Elbow Championships' kind of thing. Next one is probably Montreal so you can manage that if you like

·
Delicious
3,558 Posts
edKarry simply too good today. He played the net very well, capitalised on his chances, and had a colossal serve to prevent him from being broken. I think the key to the match was net play, and I definitely had great joy trying to play up there and close out points, especially in the second half of the match where it became a more frequent pattern of play for both players. All the best for the finals gentlemen.

·
Registered
8,256 Posts
enlightenedth def. edKarry 6-2 2-6 7-6(4) 1-6 6-4

What a match that was, 5 sets as well. :worship:
First 2 sets were pretty one-sided, with me dominating the first set (had to save a 0-40 situation before getting the 2nd break) while my opponent stepped up and won the 2nd.
In the 3rd I had a break advantage, 4-2*, but I was struggling to put my first serve in play and got broken. I barely reached the TB, winning my last 2 service games to 40. In the TB I played so amazing, made a great passing shot after a 33 shots rally, some good S&V at *5-4. Only a single MB was necessary to win the set.
In the 4th I lost my concentration a little bit and I was one point away from a bagel, serving at 0-4 30-40.
In the 5th set I broke right from the start with some help from edKarry, then held my serve until the end. He had 3 BPs, but missed 2 of them so easy, I couldn't belive, he just had to put the ball away but missed.

First slam for me. :bounce: I hope more will come.
@edKarry :hug: Great player, I like playing against him, intense matches.
Like in my match against Nadalsknees, I won less points but won the match. :eek:

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
Unreal run, beating two players each with +2600 ELO in back-to-back five setters. Undoubtedly the greatest MTF TE tournament victory to date.

Also, doing it playing serve and volley! :worship: :eek: :bowdown:

·
Registered
38 Posts
I was 4 or 5 times at 2 points to win the 3rd set and had some ridiculous misses on the 5th, but oh well, it happens. The break point conversion pretty much says it all. I struggle a lot with him, and on grass it only gets worse, so congratz to him, it's a deserved win. :yeah:

201 - 212 of 212 Posts