·
Registered
1,728 Posts
@lazar. pulling a Henin, but he will be back :worship:

·
Delicious
3,558 Posts
Wimbledon QF: Phenomenadal def. Darth Revan 6-4 7-6(5) 6-7(6) 7-5

This was an epic. There were no flat moments in this match, it was just one giant session of tension. Huge serves, huge baseline power, attacking tennis. So crucial to hold the service games.

Second set Revan was serving first and I felt like I was always trailing even though there were no breaks. I was fortunate to get the tiebreak win as Revan was only gaining in confidence and starting to play better. I hit arguably the best volley of my online career to convert the set point.

Third set I had 3 match points on the return at 5-4* 0-40. Revan showed no nerves and won the next 5 points to hold. Found ourselves in a tiebreak where I was up a mini break, but Revan roared back and took the third.

It becomes very worrying after that. A few moments ago you were almost back in the locker room and now you're playing a fresh set against a red hot player. I managed a break to go up *4-3 but was immediately broken back. I was then facing set points on my own serve at *4-5. Got the hold, then a break, and went to serve it out. Demons slowly creeping into my mind as I went to serve for it, and flashbacks to the bygone match points. Tragic scenes for me if this went to a 5th, who knows what would happen.

Darth Revan has a huge game and one which I'll have to be on my top form to face next time. Best of luck in the future mate

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
the lag was so real :hysteric:
I basically started to cry when I was facing those 3MPs I don't know of what mental fortitude you speak of :lol:
not to mention I flopped on the set points in the fourth because I had to SNEEZE :hysteric:

I will get you next time tho :p
Cheering for a Nadal vs Nadal finale :cheerleader:

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
Pnard into the semis. :bowdown:

This is objectively a great result for Tennis (Elbow). Keep going mate. :yeah:

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
I'm following Lazar in retirement. Not really enjoying the game that much anymore to be honest, especially when i can't perform well in slams or win one. Maybe i will return at the us open but probably not have fun everyone. :wavey:

·
The special one
13,867 Posts
I'm following Lazar in retirement. Not really enjoying the game that much anymore to be honest, especially when i can't perform well in slams or win one. Maybe i will return at the us open but probably not have fun everyone. :wavey:
:crying:

TE about to enter a weak era by the looks of things :(

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
more wins for me :drool: #WeakEra

both Lazar and knees just giving edKarry all the titles :eek: :scared:

·
Registered
1,728 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
^He hasn't been online lately. You and Phenomenadal should play I think.

Btw, does Newport have an organiser yet? I would like to run it if possible.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
are we still not done? :hysteric:

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
^He hasn't been online lately. You and Phenomenadal should play I think.

Btw, does Newport have an organiser yet? I would like to run it if possible.
I wanted to organize Atlanta+Washington before Canada, the German duo said they have a lot of things to do with the rankings and updating everything so we will start fresh in Canada :shrug:
@Khronos

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
I wanted to organize Atlanta+Washington before Canada, the German duo said they have a lot of things to do with the rankings and updating everything so we will start fresh in Canada :shrug:
@Khronos
Sorry, I didn't know you wanted to organize Atlanta. I offered to help with the rankings and got the thumbs up for Newport.

I'm sure you can run the next one (Washington or Canada whatever it is). In the meantime would you like to handle the draw for Newport?

181 - 200 of 212 Posts