Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 184 Posts

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Welcome to the MTF TE Rome Masters! A step closer to Roland Garros

A few simple rules:

1. First and most important rule is that everyone can join!

2. After deadline's over a random draw will be generated

3. You have to talk with your opponent and find the best time for both of you to play the match. You can chat here to find it or talk personally, furthermore to talk about who should host the game and much more.

4. There's a set deadline of 72 hours to play your match. If this deadline is not met, then the players must decide who will withdraw. If no player offers to withdraw then the more active one will go through. If neither player is cooperative/active then the winner will be chosen at random. If a player can give a valid reason for inability to play in the given time and can play lots of matches afterwards (and inform the manager ahead of time) then they might be given an extension.

5. If you can't find time to play tennis elbow then just announce it here. Your opponent wins by walkover. The same vice versa.

6. We play the MTF Tennis Elbow Rome Masters, that means surface is Clay. Format is Best of Three, here a screenshot of the settings:

7. If you host you have to choose under the setting 'controls' the option 'Simulation controls'. We play with Ball preview on plus Danger zone, aiming off. Tiredness on and Realistic Mode.

8. To maximise the joy of this game it is recommended to utilise Hamachi Free to have lag-free matches resp. to avoid lags.

9. Make a screenshot of the result and post it here in the thread.

Deadline: Sunday - 12:00 PM GMT.

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Re: MTF TE Rome Masters - Mamma Mia! - Entry Deadline - Sunday

Rankings:

Race:

Credits: @Ichbinmüde

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

Schedule:

Weeks at #1:

Credits: Ichbnimüde

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

·
Registered
4,798 Posts

In.

·
Registered
21,078 Posts

So red clay, realistic!! And @azure makes the draw? See you in RG :bigwave:

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)

This is only the third realistic tournament in 11 tournaments this year! RG is fair, too. :shrug: We need variations. And azure making the draw adds value to the tournament. Give it a shot. :p

Khronos also IN and I am IN.

·
Registered
4,559 Posts

I don't understand your aversion to red clay vs green, and realistic vs fair. Surely the two clay surfaces are both similar enough, while realistic makes a slow surface a bit faster (but not unreasonably fast overall)?

·
Registered
21,078 Posts

This is only the third realistic tournament in 11 tournaments this year! RG is fair, too. :shrug: We need variations. And azure making the draw adds value to the tournament. Give it a shot. :p

Khronos also IN and I am IN.
Erm AO/Brisbane/Rotterdam/MC were realistic too right? It would be the 5th iirc.

By yeah I changed my mind. I shouldn't really coward myself out of tournament even if the conditions don't suit me.

I'm in. And yeah I know I'm looking like a FUD now -.-

·
Registered
21,078 Posts

I don't understand your aversion to red clay vs green, and realistic vs fair. Surely the two clay surfaces are both similar enough, while realistic makes a slow surface a bit faster (but not unreasonably fast overall)?
Have you ever played on green clay? Bounce is a lot lower and it's visually a lot better too. Red clay is too bright. Speed is around the same I think, maybe green a bit faster.

I hate the high bounce. So green clay is much better surface for me. Green clay is a bit like Miami version. And realistic/fair isn't just about the speed, the surface isn't faster, the shots are. And I'm not too used defending shots that fast and the fact that bounce and speed combo of red clay isn't that good for me, I make more errors when I attack.

I'm fine with realistic. I've played on it with b/g, grass, indoor hard, although defense is a big issue, I can attack a lot better there than on clay. My game is fine there. But just not red clay.

·
Registered
4,559 Posts

Have you ever played on green clay? Bounce is a lot lower and it's visually a lot better too. Red clay is too bright. Speed is around the same I think, maybe green a bit faster.

I hate the high bounce. So green clay is much better surface for me. Green clay is a bit like Miami version. And realistic/fair isn't just about the speed, the surface isn't faster, the shots are. And I'm not too used defending shots that fast and the fact that bounce and speed combo of red clay isn't that good for me, I make more errors when I attack.

I'm fine with realistic. I've played on it with b/g, grass, indoor hard, although defense is a big issue, I can attack a lot better there than on clay. My game is fine there. But just not red clay.
Well I can agree with that, high bouncing surfaces are for talentless hacks. I prefer red clay to BG visually, but neither are ideal.

·
The special one
13,884 Posts

I'm on holiday next week, so not 100% sure I'll play. Put me down on the EL anyway and I'll make sure I let my opponent know straight away whether I'm playing or not. I won't leave anyone hanging about.

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 184 Posts