Mens Tennis Forums banner

101 - 120 of 120 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Re: MTF TE Newport 250 – the Real Grass Slam

Newport QF: Khronos def. Mark Lenders 6-3 6-3

Match was played in two parts due to a connection issue at the start of the second.

Mark Lenders played well and put up a great fight in both sets. :yeah: He was a little bit unlucky not to convert more of his break points I think, although I was generally pretty clutch (especially with the volleys I was hitting).

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #107

Khronos l. to citizen_insane 6-1 4-1 ret.

Some fun points, but mostly a lagfest unfortunately. :( citizen_insane has suffered three laggy matches in a row now, which is a real shame.

·
Registered
8,386 Posts

citizen_insane has suffered three laggy matches in a row now, which is a real shame.
Maybe there's something in that then. I mean I don't know the guy, but if he's lagging vs everyone then the decent thing would be to withdraw.

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
Re: MTF TE Newport 250 – the Real Grass Slam (F: citizen_insane vs. Silverbullet96!)

I don't trust my own connection enough to point the finger at someone else. (He has high speed internet, which I don't, and I don't think Cloren does either.)

Most likely I would lose this match in perfect conditions anyway, so it seems right that he proceeds.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts

Khronos l. to citizen_insane 6-1 4-1 ret.

Some fun points, but mostly a lagfest unfortunately. :( citizen_insane has suffered three laggy matches in a row now, which is a real shame.
why did you retire when you were up 61 41? :confused:

·
Registered
2,720 Posts

Maybe there's something in that then. I mean I don't know the guy, but if he's lagging vs everyone then the decent thing would be to withdraw.
Well, I won't withdraw now, but I'll probably retire from the tour after this. I don't lag against everyone, I usually have decent ping, but the lag spikes have become a lot more frequent in the last couple of weeks so the issue is most likely on my side.
@Silverbullet96 I'm here now if you want to get this over with.

·
Registered
8,386 Posts

Well, I won't withdraw now, but I'll probably retire from the tour after this. I don't lag against everyone, I usually have decent ping, but the lag spikes have become a lot more frequent in the last couple of weeks so the issue is most likely on my side.

@Silverbullet96 I'm here now if you want to get this over with.
I can relate. I've had to semi retire from this game myself due to similar problems and now I have to play on other people's host all the time.

Cloren lives in an awkward part of the world so lag with him isn't unusual. You could have just been unlucky. I hope you can play a lag free final.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Re: MTF TE Newport 250 – the Real Grass Slam (F: citizen_insane vs. Silverbullet96!)

also just to share, I am in love with Florian's serve in TE :inlove:

·
Registered
2,720 Posts

Silverbullet96 def. citizen_insane W/O

Neither of us can host, I can't use Hamachi (either I'm doing something wrong or it's impossible with my current ISP, no idea). Silverbullet is obviously a great player with a bright future, defeated the current Wimby champion on his way to the final, while I'm a lagging mug on the brink of retirement. He deserves this title :yeah:

·
Registered
1,729 Posts

:hug:

I hope you will join us for Rogers Cup (but secretly I hope not, I don't want to lose to you :ignore:)

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
Re: MTF TE Newport 250 – the Real Grass Slam (CHAMPION: Silverbullet96)

I think it’s bad luck me hosting tournaments. Both times I did (here and Brisbane) the final never got played. :help:

-

Well, congratulations to @Silverbullet96! With that giant-killing win in the semi-finals you proved yourself to be a more than worthy victor of this tournament. Your trophy sir:

And commiserations to the runner-up @citizen_insane. Hopefully your connection issues can be resolved and we will see you again in the future.

101 - 120 of 120 Posts