Registered
1,728 Posts
Re: MTF TE Newport 250 – the Real Grass Slam

I am always so close :sobbing:

·
Registered
8,386 Posts

Looks like Silverbullet is on one of his random runs where he becomes unstoppable. His last two opponents weren't even able to get a BP against him :worship:

·
Registered
8,747 Posts

Mate, that match was amazing.
Of course, my opponent had the chances to get the break in multiple occasions, but I feel like all of them were saved by me, not missed by Silverbullet. I really did well to not get broken in this match.
It all came down to that volley I missed on my 3rd MP. I thought I did enough with the previous volley, but you struggled and made me hit another shot and I missed.
A truly deserved win. You played amazing, didn't give me a chance on your serve. :yeah:
Those short sliced shots put me in a lot of trouble.
Good luck in the final, @Silverbullet96 :worship:
EDIT: Forgot to mention that I was 6-3 up in the first TB. :facepalm:

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #87

Looks like a clutch contest all round. enlightenedth saving all the break points, Silverbullet96 saving set points, and both guys saving multiple match points.

What an amazing comeback tourney Silverbullet96 is having! :yeah:

·
Registered
21,071 Posts

Looks like I need to move away from this third world country to play matches in this tournament. Falling asleep at any moment :sad:

·
Registered
2,720 Posts

Looks like I need to move away from this third world country to play matches in this tournament. Falling asleep at any moment :sad:
Hey, I'm available right now if you want to play. If not then maybe we could play tomorrow?

·
Registered
21,071 Posts

Citizen insane def. Cloren 6-3 6-3

Well after a lot of effort and time in trying to make the match work, sadly it wasn't pretty but we managed to play a full match, with lots of lag however but the result would have probably ended the same anyway, he's clearly on another level since his ballbashing game is stronger and he has impeccable net game. Especially with those drop volleys no idea how he pulls that off so effectively. The way he ended the match as well, fucking cheeky rofl, now I know how Dimitrov felt :lol:

He's definitely on edkarry/enlightened/knees/lazar's level, dare I say possibly even better. Both of us clearly struggled with the conditions at first but he adapted better. Hopefully we'll have better conditions in the future to play, and with the real simulation controls also b/c arcade is simply too attacking oriented :p

Maybe once he figures out his hamachi problem I reckon. Although tbh my internet has been a bit shaky too. Doesn't help that I live in an isolated island too.

Congrats and good luck in the rest of the tournament :yeah:

·
Registered
2,720 Posts

citizen_insane's opponents: 0
lag: 2

Cloren's aggressive baseline game clearly disrupted by the awful playing conditions :hug: Sadly connecting through Hamachi didn't work for some reason so we had to suffer through 2 sets of stop-and-go tennis. A huge shame, because Cloren is clearly a great baseline player but the terrible connection didn't allow him to get into any sort of rhythm. I'd love to play him on a hard court one day, those groundstrokes are clean AF.

Put an asterisk next to this one.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts

·
Registered
1,691 Posts

You honestly thought I forgot you?

I didn't bring you up because it would be untrue, he's not on your level, you're much better obviously :bowdown:
seems like you are the only one to acknowledge my true potential here :(:(:(

you almost got double bageled by me, what do you mean? :grin2:
I was only 9 GAMES away from the win :(:(:(:(:(

81 - 100 of 120 Posts