Mens Tennis Forums banner

61 - 80 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
21,063 Posts
Re: MTF TE Newport 250 – the Real Grass Slam

Draw update:

Quarterfinals start tomorrow* and there are some interesting matches!

citizen_insane/Cloren - a big ELO gap but Cloren has weapons which can give him a chance in any match
Silverbullet96/Darth Revan - both really good players, could go either way
Jamvol/enlightenedth - conditions are pretty different to Wimbledon, interesting to see how the Wimbledon Champion adapts, also Jamvol hit 84 winners in the first match, strong statement of intent there

*the last R1 match has been given an extension, probably until Friday morning, after which I'll play the winner
What is the latest day for QFs? In case I fall asleep before I play CI today? We can play on a Saturday?

·
Registered
1,728 Posts

Jamvol kicking ass of our WB champion :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

36 24 :worship:

·
Registered
1,728 Posts

back against the wall the WB champion strikes back WE ARE IN THE DECIDER PPL :eek:
36 64 :worship:

·
Registered
8,386 Posts

Well I'm sorry to disappoint you Revan - you'll have to play the MTF grass GOAT after all :lol:.

A quality and very fun match I thought. Arcade mode allows me to give a good account of myself since I can inject a lot of angles into my shots which is how I like to play. When it came to the crunch enlightenednth just produced a level I could not match. But I'm glad I got to play him since he's been an established GOAT of the tour for a while now. Good luck for the rest of the tournament (not that you need it :p).

·
Registered
8,724 Posts

Best player in this match lost.
4-2 in the 2nd, 4-2 in the 3rd, *6-5 and serving for the match, but I somehow won.
I am surprised I won more points than my opponent this time. :spit:
Maybe it's not really a coincidence that I win all these close matches.
Jamvol is a great player, those short angles he finds are really hard to defend and his returns are amazing. At some point, I thought he can read my mind, he was anticipating my shots very well.
It really is a shame you didn't win. :hug:

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #73

Well I'm sorry to disappoint you Revan - you'll have to play the MTF grass GOAT after all :lol:.

A quality and very fun match I thought. Arcade mode allows me to give a good account of myself since I can inject a lot of angles into my shots which is how I like to play. When it came to the crunch enlightenednth just produced a level I could not match. But I'm glad I got to play him since he's been an established GOAT of the tour for a while now. Good luck for the rest of the tournament (not that you need it :p).
Shame you couldn't pull off the upset. Still, going toe-to-toe like that with the Wimbledon Champion = :bowdown:

·
Registered
8,386 Posts

4-2 in the 2nd, 4-2 in the 3rd, *6-5 and serving for the match, but I somehow won.
When you put it like that it really does sound terrible :spit:.

Apart from one really bad FH miss in the game I served for it it didn't really feel like a choke and just you raising your level when it mattered. There were large stretches of the match when you were just toying with me with dropshots and easy put aways at the net, where as I had to fight for every game.

Normally grass is my worst surface, but doing arcade mode with it suits me quite a bit actually. I even beat Cloren in a practice match who I am something like 0-15 on grass against otherwise :lol:.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts

great match :worship:

my return was AWOL, that is how amazing he served. In the first set I was winning points easily on my serve and gotten closer on his, but ever since my first lapse on 3-3 in the second when he broke me due to 1/6 first serves, it was pretty much game set match, and I knew it :lol:
still, I was bitter that it ended like that, I felt like I could have won :sobbing:
oh well, onto Canada :yeah:
GL Silverbullet in your SF :hug:

·
Registered
2,146 Posts

I am surprised I won more points than my opponent this time. :spit:
Maybe it's not really a coincidence that I win all these close matches.
Jamvol is a great player, those short angles he finds are really hard to defend and his returns are amazing. At some point, I thought he can read my mind, he was anticipating my shots very well.
It really is a shame you didn't win. :hug:
When do you want to play our match ?

61 - 80 of 120 Posts