Mens Tennis Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 238 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's been announced that the site is being moved to a new platform: https://www.menstennisforums.com/9-announcements-site-rules-faq/972268-we-moving.html

Dear Community Members,

We have posted previous messages announcing a new platform coming to your community that will provide a better experience, faster page speed and work seamlessly across all devices, including mobile. We are excited to announce that Menstennisforums.com will be migrated to our new platform on Monday, October 21st. The site will be in maintenance mode and in read-only while the migration is happening. This is expected site behavior as we move all the archived content over to the new sites. There should be no change in the content within your profile. All thread content will also be migrated to the new site. Your community may look a little different but all of the important information will still be there!

If for any reason there is a change of date, we will keep you updated on an alternative rollout schedule for the site migration. We look forward to your feedback on the new experience.

We appreciate your support!

~ Community Support
Edit: The date of the migration is TBD, and we will update you once we know more. The site will be in maintenance mode and read-only while it occurs. The site will look different after the move but there should be no changes to threads, posts, profiles accounts etc. But you should be aware that the site will be read-only for a time and appear different after that.

You may have already noticed some changes to the organisation of the forums as sections have been moved around slightly in preparation for the migration (e.g. some subsections of GM were temporarily moved). There may be some more changes to the in the days leading up to and following the site migration. We'll try to answer any questions and address any issues that come up during the process.

·
Rankings Master
15,435 Posts
Re: MTF Site Upgrade Coming Monday 21st October

I am all for change and 100% for progress. I am keen to see the result of this move.

One question first, why is The Ruins in Off Topic too? As it won't be connected to GM anymore, it isn't off-topic, it's just GM with more freedom. It will die out there, it didn't have much traffic to begin with. The Ruins in ruins.

·
Super Moderator
5,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

I am all for change and 100% for progress. I am keen to see the result of this move.

One question first, why is The Ruins in Off Topic too? As it won't be connected to GM anymore, it isn't off-topic, it's just GM with more freedom. It will die out there, it didn't have much traffic to begin with. The Ruins in ruins.
The organisation of the forum after the change isn't decided yet. We may move around some things once we see what the new platform looks like, but for now the sections being moved was just something that occurred as part of VS making some changes to the forum (I assume in preparation for the site migration). It wasn't a deliberate decision by moderation that the Ruins should be moved out of GM, I agree that it should exist as a subsection of GM. If it turns out for some reason that's not possible again after the move then we'd probably consider its future and how we want to handle things. But there's not much point in us moving things or thinking about it until we see what things look like after the platform move, for now we'll just let VS do their thing which might mean some unexpected changes on the forum will occur in the next week in perparation and in the immediate aftermath of this change.

·
The special one
13,494 Posts

Knowing VS's history they're bound to fuck up with something. Last time something like this happened half the forum lost their passwords.

·
73,247 Posts

Knowing VS's history they're bound to fuck up with something. Last time something like this happened half the forum lost their passwords.
Oh please don't remind me! I'm hoping for a very smooth upgrade myself. I don't want any more forum members lost!

·
The special one
13,494 Posts

Oh please don't remind me! I'm hoping for a very smooth upgrade myself. I don't want any more forum members lost!
Me neither, although if someone like Djokoking's password somehow gets lost during all of this then VS will be doing the entire forum a favour :wink2:

·
Registered
1,756 Posts

Me neither, although if someone like Djokoking's password somehow gets lost during all of this then VS will be doing the entire forum a favour :wink2:
Or Emotion, Guitara or someone of their ilk. >:)

·
Registered
3,363 Posts

Or Emotion, Guitara or someone of their ilk. >:)
DjokoKing is a genuinely bad user whereas emotion and guitarra are two of the most unbiased and knowledgeable analysts of the game on this entire forum. No sense cannot be found in your posting

·
Registered
6,891 Posts

We are all in the same boat. :D
Only Mods are happy for a change. They get a few hours sleep. No need to delete post for a few hours.

·
73,247 Posts

·
F***ing have it
17,462 Posts

What happened to the Off-Topic sub forum in GM :help: :sad: ?

·
Administrator
18,171 Posts

What happened to the Off-Topic sub forum in GM :help: :sad: ?
They (VerticalScope) moved it for some reason or other, I’m not sure if they’ve reorganised things for a necessary reason or they’re just changing the look of the forum to whatever they think is best. Either way we’ll move it back to normal once they’re done with updating.

For now it’s located closer to the bottom of the front page, alongside Non-Tennis and The Ruins.

https://www.menstennisforums.com/1133-off-topic/

·
-Lifetime Scientist-
12,089 Posts

They (VerticalScope) moved it for some reason or other, I’m not sure if they’ve reorganised things for a necessary reason or they’re just changing the look of the forum to whatever they think is best. Either way we’ll move it back to normal once they’re done with updating.

For now it’s located closer to the bottom of the front page, alongside Non-Tennis and The Ruins.

https://www.menstennisforums.com/1133-off-topic/
Good, I definitely want Non-Tennis higher up on the list like it used to be.

·
73,247 Posts

I haven't heard anything about the actual times yet, we'll see.
I'm concerned about the games here on the forum, if the forum is down for a whole day.

1 - 20 of 238 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.