Mens Tennis Forums banner

81 - 100 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
@Ichbinmüde

Your point distribution seems not balanced enough.

I am keeping this in parallel to the ATP WTF system.

Point distribution:
RR Win: 50 points
SF Win: 100 points
Finals Win: 150 points

Undefeated Champ: 500

What do you think? I will quickly make a points summary based on your final decision.

Short round up of the inaugural glorious MugsTF RR:

Group azure:
Evenly distributed groups with 2 strong and seasoned players with 2 upcoming champs.
1. @Haneul: A late entry and a alternate to Greizmann, who was an alternate to Tennis4Lyf, who was an alternate to azure, won his first 2 matches despite being called in late and lack of practice. Shows his true stength and talent. :worship: However, even the greatest players cannot stand up to people's champion Stan del Potro who defeated in a close match making IBM lick his lips for the SFs.
2. @Cloren: After eating up Arsenalex and SdP for Lunch and Breakfast in terms of bagels, he only loss to Haneul may put a doubt over his chances against Jamvol. However, clinical and strong performances keep him under the radar and he will likely exploit this darkhorse image to show his peak in the SF
3. @Arsenalex: Coming to the tour late and having injuries, he still managed to qualify for the event and went on the beat SdP to secure his first win on tour. A promising youngster who is looking more and more dangerous as the tours going on. Watch out for surprise wins when he will upset some seeds as soon as in AO 2017, his home slam and with glorious crowd support.
4. @Stan del Potro: if only English was vast enough to describe his impact on MTF TE! Absolute legend. Results do not matter for him. He is only here to generate revenue and help the TE board hassle free. He peaks whenever he wants. He did not want to end 0-3 and there decided to win his last game this year. #GLENNMaster

Group Tennis4Lyf:
1. @Jamvol: Some are questioning if he has juiced up and he has rejected the comments and says the testing in MTF TE is top notch and he is ready to prove his innocence anywhere. Moreover, after his last match against ML, Cloren has thrown some shades about his infinite stamina and now Jamvol is looking to pay back for all of that in the SF. It has been rumoured that he has even a tattoo on his forearm saying "The racquet will talk, Cloren!". Apart from the controversy, the display on field is on par with the MTF WTF level. Simple, clinical and destructive! He is the hot favorite to the title.
2 @Ichbinmüde: The legend behind some of the amazing action in this group. His comeback against Proudserb is still being watched and telecasted to kids in management seminars for "How to inspire and hit back when you are down". He was also part of the deciding match against ML. However, the chances against Haneul looks not so bright. We shall wait and see.
3. @Mark Lenders: One of those players who could have qualified if a couple of points went his way. He has been suffering from injuries and still did not try to show it outside. He made it easy for Jamvol and IBM but do not write him off yet, he will get all the missed win in 2017.
4. @ProudSerb: Unfortunately, the only player who had to go down 0-3 in this edition. He says, he is not mentally on the tour. His close matches and absymal TB record are the testimonial to that. There have been rumours that he and his coaching staff are having some differences. New addition of a Guru Pepe TEmaz is the reason, it is said. He has now taken time off and will come back strongly in 2017.

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
Have Sky Sports made an offer for the Jamvol/Cloren broadcasting rights yet? It should be a cracker. :drool:
It would be were it not for this mug living miles outside of civilisation. Our connection is tragic, ping constantly 300+, my aim is way off and I get like 30% less time to react to serves/his shots. I basically can't play remotely well under those conditions :sad:.

Still it could've been worse, with Arsenalex the ping is around 800 and his serve teleports from his racquet to my face. And attempting to put any direction on the ball sends shots way out.

TE is a pretty fun game, but with the servers as they are clearly not built for matches between players on different continents.

·
Registered
21,063 Posts

A not bad showing from me considering the connection did me no favours whatsoever. Gratz to Cloren and GL in the final :hatoff:.
I think we played the best could with this conditions, it's a shame we'll never have the greatest connection, unless I go to Peru :p but this is the best we can have I suppose.

The first set was really even, I started to break immediately, then Jamvol played an amazing game to break back immediately, we both had our chances to break again later in the set, but Jamvol saved them with great play, while when he had break points, he bottled it quite a bit, especially on SP at 4-5 iirc, some really loose errors. The TB was great quality, but I always felt I was one step ahead of you there, as always when we play TBs. Had the first mini break, more set points as well.

2nd set I was clearly better I think, was always more threatening on serve, you only really threatened my serve when you were behind a break :p Me being more clutch and better serve % was the key reason I won.

Looking forward to playing the winner of IBM/Haneul

·
Registered
19,164 Posts

A not bad showing from me considering the connection did me no favours whatsoever. Gratz to Cloren and GL in the final :hatoff:.

Mug :eek:

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Shocking developments. A tournament is about to be completed in about just over week. MIRACLE! MTF TE becoming great again. Partial change in management seems to have positive effect on the tour.

Mugvol with his glorious avatar. :facepalm: The allegations are lurking on your head. Cloren seems to have won the battle on and off the court. COAW is rumoured to have tweeted about the upset 3 years before the match and is now still gloating about his correct prediction it seems.

:secret: Cloren practiced with me just before the SF and we played a tight 3 setter with 500ms ping :spit: He got used to the lag and beat Lagvol.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
Shocking developments. A tournament is about to be completed in about just over week. MIRACLE! MTF TE becoming great again. Partial change in management seems to have positive effect on the tour.
What? :p

However, the most active users from the threads have been participating here. We'd have more issues if guys like meninosantos were playing here

·
Registered
21,063 Posts

Mugvol with his glorious avatar. :facepalm: The allegations are lurking on your head. Cloren seems to have won the battle on and off the court. COAW is rumoured to have tweeted about the upset 3 years before the match and is now still gloating about his correct prediction it seems.

:secret: Cloren practiced with me just before the SF and we played a tight 3 setter with 500ms ping :spit: He got used to the lag and beat Lagvol.
Practiced? Calling that match a practice :spit:

That was anything but a tennis match

The lag ratio in our match was 14%, with GOATvol it was 1%

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
What? :p

However, the most active users from the threads have been participating here. We'd have more issues if guys like meninosantos were playing here
Of course new management actively updating results and tables have kept the interests going. :shrug:

Practiced? Calling that match a practice :spit:

That was anything but a tennis match

The lag ratio in our match was 14%, with GOATvol it was 1%
Expected. People never credit for competing 3 sets under such gruelling conditions. Tough lags like mine prepared you for the highest levels. :facepalm: But that was the worst online match I have played so far. :lol:

·
Administrator
18,199 Posts
50 points is not enough for my efforts. Ffs, I beat GOAT and lost in 3rd set TB vs secret BOAT. I demand more or I will retire, I did not join this tournament to leave with virtually nothing but a bagel by Cloren.

·
Registered
21,063 Posts
Well look like you guys just won't play -.-

I'm rushing you all b/c I'll be traveling this Saturday 6 pm Singapore time so I won't have time to play after that and I don't think I'll be fair for me to withdraw if I can't play the final because you all took to long to complete the SF :p

81 - 100 of 119 Posts